You say goa expresses emotions?

Telepatu

All goa tracks has the same goal: to bring on an euphoric feeling to those stupid acid-heads and people like that. All the same, to build up a party hype stronger and stronger. It's goal, in the end, is pretty simple, and despite some goa tracks have some interesting structures they just mean nothing. It's party music, party music does not deliver feelings. How could anyone party with a music that makes you sad or angry?

Some goa music can also have a goal to produce interesting unusual sounscapes, but they too serve the same objective to put people more and more into party-mode. So Goa music is NOT emotional music, that's just bullshit. If you can't get any emotions out of any other music you just are emotionally disabled, blinded by the goa drug, or unreachable for the emotions in the music, in other words non-musical person, and then you should not judge any music 'cause you're a musical idiot.

Give me an example of goa track that delivers emotions to you.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to start a flame war. <_<

Anyway, I half agree - most goa doesn't express emotions, but some, for example Transwave - Vision Quest.

All goa tracks has the same goal: to bring on an euphoric feeling to those stupid acid-heads and people like that. All the same, to build up a party hype stronger and stronger. It's goal, in the end, is pretty simple, and despite some goa tracks have some interesting structures they just mean nothing. It's party music, party music does not deliver feelings. How could anyone party with a music that makes you sad or angry?

Some goa music can also have a goal to produce interesting unusual sounscapes, but they too serve the same objective to put people more and more into party-mode. So Goa music is NOT emotional music, that's just bullshit. If you can't get any emotions out of any other music you just are emotionally disabled, blinded by the goa drug, or unreachable for the emotions in the music, in other words non-musical person, and then you should not judge any music 'cause you're a musical idiot.

243579[/snapback]

Stick an E up your ass and go listen to Armin van Buuren if you want strong emotions lamehead.

Thak you, and please describe how it makes you feel.

Other than "it makes my head feel like a frisbee" or "it makes my mind bend to spirals" or some other bs like that, which just says that you really don't know what's happening in your head. I know already that most of you don't know what's happening in your head when you listen to goa.

And this was not reply to Cinos' post but general add-on.

Guest .::E.P

Stick an E up your ass and go listen to Armin van Buuren if you want strong emotions lamehead.

243582[/snapback]

So much for the art of debating :angry:

So much for the art of debating  :angry:

243585[/snapback]

Debate what?With someone who doesnt feel anything while listening to Goa?Thats his problem,he lacks of emotions OR of understanding for the music.Its so simple.What to discuss about?

243579[/snapback]

Listen to 'The Delta - Send in... Send Back' (the album) and say that again with a straight face. :)

Guest .::E.P

Debate what?With someone who doesnt feel anything while listening to Goa?Thats his problem,he lacks of emotions OR of understanding for the music.Its so simple.What to discuss about?

243589[/snapback]

He have the right to debate the subject. If you don't like what he think or "feel" then debate back like a grown-up.

Your comments are out of place.

Gnome's agressive response reveals that he felt that I'm somehow right but wants not admit it because he's a cool goa-head who gets the music.

I did not say it does not serve it's purpose to get the party on and uplift people. I'm just saying it does not really deliver any emotions. It is designed to make you feel good like all trance party music, and all trance music has very narrow and flat expression of emotions.

I agree that some goa tracks really do the trick and get you really uplifted, but amotions? no no no....

He have the right to debate the subject. If you don't like what he think or "feel" then debate back like a grown-up.

Your comments are out of place.

243592[/snapback]

All goa tracks has the same goal: to bring on an euphoric feeling to those stupid acid-heads and people like that

And you are want from me to debate like a grown-up to someone in the style "i dont like Goa,it doesnt give me any emotions so all Goa people are stupid acid-heads"

Come on try to debate on this like a grown-up.Im waiting.

Telepatu, I guess you started listening to Goa not long ago and only know the Killer artists, am I right? (no offence, just a guess) Otherwise I think you probably wouldn´t post such a statement. There was a time when a party wasn´t all about monstertune after monstertune but about a journey. And I think none who experienced a good party by dawn at that time would dare to post something like that. My opinion! :)

Gnome's agressive response reveals that he felt that I'm somehow right but wants not admit it because he's a cool goa-head who gets the music.

I did not say it does not serve it's purpose to get the party on and uplift people. I'm just saying it does not really deliver any emotions. It is designed to make you feel good like all trance party music, and all trance music has very narrow and flat expression of emotions.

I agree that some goa tracks really do the trick and get you really uplifted, but amotions? no no no....

243594[/snapback]

Look this thread was agressive from the beginning.I just acted the same.

i respect your opinion but you must learn to respect other people,at least respect the fact that there are people finding Goa to be very emotional music.Calling them "stupid acid-heads" is like calling half of the forum this way,in case you didnt notice.

It's all about perception dude... Perhaps you don't feel touched by the music, but rest assured there are others who do... And the first step is to recognize that other people might feel different than you! I respect your opinion, but I strongly dissagree...

There are countless goa/psy/chill tracks that can stir emotions with me... Stuff that teleports me elsewhere - or stuff that insantly lifts my spirits if I've had a bad day... Especially older, melodic stuff have that effect on me...

A good example is The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing ... Now there's an emotional track if there ever was one... But there are literally hundreds of other goa-tracks that stir emotions... Like there are thousands of tracks in other musical genres... It's all about perception!

DP

A good example is The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing ... Now there's an emotional track if there ever was one...

243603[/snapback]

IMHO:

It's just annoying, very amateurish and there are several out-of-place elements in it. You could also debate if it's goa or not.

If you don't agree, feel free to mindlessly flame me.

But as I said - Transwave - Vision Quest. THAT is emotional, AND pure goa.

Hmm the delta is dark and spooky, yes. But mostly it is an example of this groovy style of making darker beats than original goa was, and is really not for delivering emotions, although it has some orchestral parts that are beautiful and stuff, but as I remember there was a reason for me not to listen to it for a couple of years, propably because of it's mototonic housish nature. It has quality spices but the bread is just as dry as any other.

At this point I must say that I really don't clearly remember this album, so maybe I'll re-check it. And please describe more how goa music delivers emotions to you.

DP:

"There are countless goa/psy/chill tracks that can stir emotions with me... Stuff that teleports me elsewhere - or stuff that insantly lifts my spirits if I've had a bad day... Especially older, melodic stuff have that effect on me..."

That's exactly what I'm talking about. That's what it's about. But some other feelings? Like feelings of joy? Feelings of depression? Feelings of sadness? Lonelyness? Mania like coffee overdose? All kinds of hatred and love?

No. Someone could say there's love in the goa tracks, and I would agree, and maybe some other feelings too, but the main purpose of this music is not to deliver feeligs, and every attempt to do so fails, because this music is made for giving you a lift, or if you prefer to call all the music this forum is about goa, then it could make you shake your leg or move your butt, but not to really feel anything. And what's more many goa artists are relly musically pretty immature and make very simple and naive music, which degenerates the genre at it's part. But that's another discussion.

btw I had this Tim Schuldt track for some time ago in Catcher collection which I sold because it was a bad double album. It's simple and very typical goa track, and I don't like it. Just trying to be cool.

The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing is amateurish and boring. Very weak album in every way.

lumpi:

I have been aware of goa music like 8-9 years or so and really am not any die hard-fan. There's just some tracks I listen nowadays, because most of releases of all time are same crap in different package, like hollywood movies. Most old tracks are so naive and simple that it makes me think of eighties popular culture, and the current situation of theis music is that everyone copycats everyone and no-one tries to make anything new because it's not about self-expression but making some bumping groove or uplifting vibe with same receipt than everyone else.

it s safe to say this thread is the best example of bad use of webspace

goa is music

pop is music

house is music

classical is music

etc

emotions are embedded in artists' creations. Its up to you to unravel them and understand them

for example why do you think it s said that '' artist's X 4th album is much more mature than his 3rd''? because when you create music a piece of your soul gets stuck on it, you can tell if someone was in a happy period of his life or if he has matured, etc, etc

if u dont get this, maybe you are also this bad acid head type of person?

and like someone else said it depends on what u listen to. for example try listening to lets say led zeppelin and your friends amature rock band and try to see what kind of emotions each one manages to get through...

If goa only gives you exactly one feeling (the euphoric xtc or acid feeling or whatever you wanna call it) then I'm very sorry about that. There are tracks that give me very different feelings. I'll list some of them to prove what I mean. But if the music doesn't mean the same to you, then this is not really the music's fault. Every person is different, if you can't see in it what other see, then maybe it doesn't serve the same purpose for you as it does for others.

Most tracks sure give a joyfull and uplifting feeling but here are some that give me more. Here are some different emotions that I get from tracks:

Jaja - Mai Mai: Has a very melancholic touch that brings tear in my eyes when I'm in the right mood. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice song but as I said it sounds melancholic or even sad to me.

Yahel - Waves Of Sound: That's not old-school goa but I hope it's ok for you if I also list newer psy tracks. It gives me a strong feeling of love.

Psysex - The Evil Turkes: Has a very pushy feeling to me, especially because of the samples. Agressive isn't the right word for it because no music that I like makes me agressive. But it's a feeling of power and strenght that is still less strong than beeing agressive. Another song that gives me that feeling is Hallucinogen - Juggle Of The Sphinx.

Besides the usual hapiness this are three feelings. Is this enough for you?

But some other feelings? Feelings of sadness? Lonelyness?

To me The Delta album delivers the above mentioned emotions very effectively, which is the reason I brought it up.

You can't possibly call it uplifting feel-good music, which is what you originally said all goa is about. Thus your initial argument is incorrect.

IMHO:

It's just annoying, very amateurish and there are several out-of-place elements in it. You could also debate if it's goa or not.

Cinos "Stick an E up your ass and go listen to Armin van Buuren if you want strong emotions lamehead."

All goa tracks has the same goal: to bring on an euphoric feeling to those stupid acid-heads and people like that.

243579[/snapback]

oh my goodness :rolleyes: ... you seem to really understand this music ...

thank you for sharing you wisdom.

what a nice laugh :lol:

telepatu...

Music that you enjoy makes you happy.

Happy is an emotion.

If you have no emotion for a song, then you don't like it. and don't buy it. or dance to it.

Believe it or not some people get happy from Death Metal. It's all about your taste in music. And what turns you on.

I understand that Goa doesn't make you feel anything, that's probably because you just dont like it ;) The goal is to make everyone happy, yes! If you don't get happy from it... don't take it personally!

Every piece of music that's been made by a creative producer will give the listener a feel of joy. I feel very happy when listening to goa music.

I've found some tracks that make me sad as well. But mostly i just feel full of energy like you said.