So what was the best artist album of 2004?

mafia

So what was the best artist album of 2004?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. So what was the best artist album of 2004?

• 1200 Micrograms - The Time Machine
    • Aes Dana - Memory Shell
    • Alien Project - Don?t Worry, Be Groovy!
    • Astrix - Artcore
    • Bluetech - Elementary Particles + Prima Materia
    • Filteria - Sky Input
    • Infected Mushroom - IM The Supervisor
    • Juno Reactor - Labyrinth
    • Prometheus - Robot.O.Chan
    • Son Kite - Colours
    • Texas Faggott - Pilluminati Cunt Roll
    • Torakka - Far Out Express
    • X-Dream - We Interface

hmm so filteria is to psynews what skazi is to isratrance? and i dislike em both equally as much. :D okay maybe skazi just a little bit more. me thinks filteria is overhyped and ppl here only say they like it cos it has something to do with mars (?)..

243574[/snapback]

You think all of us prefer kissing mars' ass over being honest about our musical taste? Come on man, you know thats bullshit. I'm not saying your personal taste in music is "wrong", but that kind of crap isn't needed. Like, what the hell would anyone gain from being pathetic enough to try and kiss fabiens ass by claiming to like a record he released on his label? Get real.

hmm so filteria is to psynews what skazi is to isratrance? and i dislike em both equally as much. :D okay maybe skazi just a little bit more. me thinks filteria is overhyped and ppl here only say they like it cos it has something to do with mars (?)..

243574[/snapback]

No way man.

Psynews is somewhat one of the oldschoolers' lair and that's why people like Filteria here. But i don't want to merge Suntrip and Psynews in any way. Psynews is a community, Suntrip is a label. One way or another, when you're deeply involved into something you touch several aspect of that thing, and that's what's happening to Anoebis and I.

Else i think Filteria is very talented (i mean a real musician) that's why i helped producing him. No more.

At Suntrip we are only trying to produce good PSYCHEDELIC music, no overheard Full on or senseless boomboom.

You'll see with our second release coming soon anyway ? I guess you like to fly ?? hmm ?

• 3 weeks later...

labyrinth, ten times more imaginative than sky input.

253478[/snapback]

Not really, if you're familiar with Juno Reactor's past discography. And imagination isn't everything. But sure, Labyrinth was more of an evolutionary step than Sky Input, I'll give you that. But then again the goal of each artist is quite different, so comparing them in this regard would be unfair. You don't go to a Woody Allen movie and complain about the lack of stunts and CGI effects, do you?

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth

Yes, they use familiar elements from previous works, but they combine it with all sorts of new stuff... and with this incredibly varied mix of different elements/sounds they manage to create something that is totally unique (compared to other music) and original enough compared to previous albums. Their style evolves on its own independent from music by other artists.

That is what sets them apart from most 'psy' and basicly all other dance music, where 99% is copy-cat music.

i'm devided between:

atmos - 2nd brigade

soul surfer - surfer's paradise

buzzmonks - toms'n'jerry

all not on the list  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

243367[/snapback]

Hmm, for me also the Buzzmonx are the right choice. I find their stuff quite good and relaxing.

My 2004 top 5

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth

X-dream - We Interface

Filteria - Sky input

Atmos - 2nd Brigade

And the Huva Network album !

Not really, if you're familiar with Juno Reactor's past discography. And imagination isn't everything. But sure, Labyrinth was more of an evolutionary step than Sky Input, I'll give you that. But then again the goal of each artist is quite different, so comparing them in this regard would be unfair. You don't go to a Woody Allen movie and complain about the lack of stunts and CGI effects, do you?

253484[/snapback]

i'd say Labyrinth was the most MUSICAL album, ten times mre musical than Sky input. I think it is a good point to vote for it.

Labyrinth showed BIG steps of evolution, even though it had some elements of old, indeed. I find it the best album for 04, while Aes Dana's Memory Shell is way ahead from everything else in the ambient scene this year. Having to vote one, I decided to vote Labyrinth.