infected mushroom

vc0n

Hello from your n00biest n00b here... ;)

My personal favs.... (not in order...way too tricky!)

-Bust A Move

-None Of This Is Real

-Opagiffa Night

-Release Me

-Dancing With Kadafi

-Scorpion Frog

-Deeply Disturbed (That's the shit right here.. B) imo)

-Pletzturra

I personnaly think they're songs with lyrics are pretty creative...although more 'mainstream at the same time. Like I can really enjoy Converting Vegetarians, I Wish & Illuminaughty...

Could some1 suggest me some other artists ...not necessarly in the same genre.

Except for the (few) ones I already know ; Astral & Shidapu.... <_<

Taste the Mushroom!

LOL hi needled. I see someones a children of bodom fan no? :P

As for recommandations try IM's earlier stuff it's alot better or some of the other famous artists like hallucinogen etc if you're just getting into it(like me LOL).

247968[/snapback]

Yep was really into Metal...but most of my favorite bands turned in neo-metal...basicaly changing their technical, melodic, classical parts with easy listening "heavy" music.

Not that I don't listen to Metal anymore...but it made me realize how much I missed this kind of music ...not that I didnt't listen to both of the styles at the same time ; but I definetly did not realize how much this was great music. Anyways...

I'm pretty familiar with earlier IM stuff...what I'm looking for is other similar artists. In the same vein...

My values : Progression, Psychedelic & the 'Classical' side of IM

watch out, i just entered the General section of the forum. i will own this section in .. 2 months! lol

1. PSYCHO (gotta love that Uma Thurman's "You .. PSYCHO!!!")

2. Never Ever Land

3. Bust a Move

4. Dancing With Kadafi

i didn't start in psy with IM

i started with Juno Reactor, Koxbox, Astral Projection. Maybe Infected Mushroom was 4th.

Guest .::E.P

watch out, i just entered the General section of the forum. i will own this section in .. 2 months! lol

1. PSYCHO (gotta love that Uma Thurman's "You .. PSYCHO!!!")

2. Never Ever Land

3. Bust a Move

4. Dancing With Kadafi

i didn't start in psy with IM

i started with Juno Reactor, Koxbox, Astral Projection. Maybe Infected Mushroom was 4th.

248285[/snapback]

traitor ;)

:P

traitor ;) 

:P

248289[/snapback]

come on, you knew i liked them long time ago .. you had the same reaction back then too :)

so i am not surprised. but i am not a traitor.

humm, come on guys, give me a big welcom to the General section, which i will own in a couple of months by the way.

Guest .::E.P

come on, you knew i liked them long time ago .. you had the same reaction back then too :)

so i am not surprised. but i am not a traitor.

humm, come on guys, give me a big welcom to the General section, which i will own in a couple of months by the way.

248302[/snapback]

Welcome traitor :P

• 2 weeks later...

I really love all the songs from Classical Mushroom, especially Mush Mushi and Dracul) and Symphonatic is also great. The newest album is also ok, best tracks there are the one with the raggamuffin like voice sample and Bombat. The Violet Vision remix of Deeply Disturbet is great and some of the tracks on Converting Vegetarians have nice melodies, but somehow they didn't really get me.

That's where your very wrong.  Many users here started listening to psy and goa way before IM even knew what it was.

IM came very late in this scene and are not the "pioneers" so many new commers think they are.  In my opinion they have always been very boring and a direct copy of other artist from Israel and beyond that came before them. Artists like:

Astral Projection

Indoor

Shakra

GMS

MFG

Sandman

ect ect.

IM are way over-hyped and are NOT the founders of Psy, Full On or anything else.

242660[/snapback]

I disagree with the statement that they ripped off other artists just because there are no other artists that have their style. And the Classical Mushroom album WAS in a way pioneering, because it had a new style that influenced many 'newschool' artists (wether it is a good thing or bad thing is a matter of taste ofcourse).

About over-hyped: if many people like a band, does it make it over hyped? It seems more logical that it just makes the band popular. Popular and over hyped are NOT the same thing at all.

About copying: MFG is a much more direct copy of Astral Projection than IM is of anything. Not that it is a bad thing, I like some MFG stuff even more than I do Astral Projection.

About people starting listening psy with them:

You are right about them not being the founders of any specific subgenre (tho thy did have their unique sound in the first albums) , but many younger people have started listening psy after cheking them out just for the fact that before 1999/2000 they were too young to delve into non-mainstream music. I myself started listening to psy with both IM and Astral Projection.

The fact that they sound boring to you and doesn't to other people doesn't make your flaming justified.

PS I know that they have lost their quality to the psychedelic scene nowadays, but that doesn't really matter at the moment.

they used to be extremely good... and no one could possibly say they didn t push psy a bit further...

i still trust in Erez this kid's got so much talent... maybe Duvdev might forget singing to give more power to the true talent in IM

i m definatly staying updated on their stuff... in case something like this happens hehe

but for now... i m sticking to their old classics