Best psy mixes of non-psy songs / tracks?

Josh

Hi there

I really like psy tracks that remix old, non-psy songs, but I don't very many of them... So do you? Here's a list of my favorites:

- Transdriver - Nutcracker (great elements of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite)

- 1200 mics - Another Brick in the Wall (Pink Floyd's classic track)

And that's already all I can remember right now... ;)

Thanks for your hints and have a psy time! :)

Josh

Personally I think there's a very thin line between using a sample of an well-known song & creating something fresh & new with it OR just ripping of the original by taking the catchy part & sticking a psy-beat on top of it!

The first is very rare & in most cases it will be very hard to spot the original, the second very comon & shows a real lack of creativity imho.

Please spare us of tracks like Voodoo People, Search & Destroy, Star Warz & the Offspring or Nirvana-rip-offs, they might (!) be cool the first time you hear'em but get really tiresome by the second or third. I know there's an unreleased Bombtrack-version (Rage against...) & that's just a plain disgrace...

The only thing that comes to mind would be "80's Virus" by Dino Psaras.

I shit you not.

A a month or so ago someone played me a psy version of MC Hammers's "Cant Touch This"

I couldn't fcuking believe it .... it was very well done and very funny. That bassline done in a 16th rolling style was just hilarious ........

:huh::blink:

i can't say these are good.

mix music [original music]

1. Synsun - Ceremony [Carl Orff - Carmina Burana]

2. Oforia - The Morning Song [Greig - Peer Gynt Suites. No.1]

3. GMS - Juice (Live Mix) [Requiem for a Dream main theme]

4. Skazi vs 40% - Smell Like Humos Spirit [Nirvana - Smells Like Teens Spirit]

5. Hallucinogen - Demention [Pink Floyd - On The Run]

6. Hallucinogen - Synthesizzler [Pink Floyd - Speak To Me (laughing sample)]

7. Analog pussy - Trance `n roll [Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water]

anything else? i am curious about this.

I agree that the Nutcracker is a good rmx, happy! happy! funny track...

Peter and the wolf from benza is another rmx... (not too good imo)

Ka Sol - Bergatrooper has some classical music involved (from peer Gint)

and well, then you have all the pop remixes (from the offspring, Nirvana, metallica,... they all SUCK imo)

i enjoyed some Azax Syndrom songs with slayer riffs but thats all, basicly i think its too easy / cheesy to remix or cover songs in the psygenre... although the voodoo people remix is pretty fun on the dancefloor (alot of people instantly know the song and get their arses on the dancefloor at once)

I shit you not.

A a month or so ago someone played me a psy version of MC Hammers's "Cant Touch This"

I couldn't fcuking believe it .... it was very well done and very funny. That bassline done in a 16th rolling style was just hilarious ........

:huh:  :blink:

241373[/snapback]

WOW!!!

If you could dig up some more info on this remix I would be very happy! I have this really fucked up (think Squarepusher) remix of "Can't Touch This" by Rude Ass Tinker, lovely stuff, not psy-trance though.

there´s this remix of The Clash - Rock the Cashbah (sp?) featuring on a mixed cd by Tiefschwarz which is very neat... but its more in the house territory..

what else? does it have to be old?

haldolium´s remix of all my life from foo fighters is pretty good too...

there´s a lot of house producers remixing old tracks but I cant remember exactly right now..

Mylo has a remix of some funny dance track from early 90s I think.. forgot the name of the track though

Guest .::E.P

there´s this remix of  The Clash - Rock the Cashbah (sp?)  featuring on a mixed cd by Tiefschwarz which is very neat... but its more in the house territory..

what else? does it have to be old?

haldolium´s remix of all my life from foo fighters is pretty good too...

there´s a lot of house producers remixing old tracks but I cant remember exactly right now..

Mylo has a track of some funny dance track from early 90s I think.. forgot the name of the track though

242078[/snapback]

There's soon an awsome remix done of the old track Visage "Fade To Grey" :)