Creamware Pulsar II

Hello there ppl ive just bought a Creamware Pulsar II and im having big problems with it im using XP and the installations CD is for 98 but i think i managed to install the soundcard not sure if i did i right though. if any 1 knows the right way or have some knowledge of this i would apreciate it really and some help with the adat would be nice to want my yamaha 02r running asap :)

greets Rowe

I think you better head over to http://www.planetz.com.

There you find many very knowledgable Pulsar users and a lot of nice free synths and fx..

You should for sure get the latest pulsar OS, scope fusion 4.0, from creamwares site.

The older ones will run ok under xp from my experience but better start with the latest one.

But without knowing exacly what the problem is it's not so much advice I can give.

Pulsar can be picky about the system configuration and will run like crap many times on a regular XP install. You need to do the xp audio tweaks if you like a smooth system.

Depending on what chipset you have on your mobo you might need to install XP in "standard PC" mode instead of the default ACPI.

To do that you press "F5" in the very beginning of the XP install procedure.

With many more modern chipsets APIC mode will work fine though.

To run the ADAT to the yama, just plug in the cables and set the 02R to sync from ADAT.

Then add the ADAT destinations and sources to your scope project and you can start routing your audio as you like.

The scope mixer does sound better than the yama though you might find, so when I have been using the same setup I have normally just been running a stereo pair from the pulsar to the desk.

Specify exacly what you been doing and what the problem is I can see if I can be of more help.

Is the creamware pulsar 2 system any good?

It looks pretty nice. Heard good reviews...

Is the creamware pulsar 2 system any good?

It looks pretty nice. Heard good reviews...

242590[/snapback]

It's the dogs bollocks.

When it comes to synthesis it's the most flexible and best sounding pice of kit I laid my hands on.

And I used a lot of synths in my days.

hey man

I too am a proud creamware costumer, owning two cards.

Synthesis, effects, routing, mixing - and the awsome modular and flexor stuff.

If you have the funds, go for it, soon you will become an addict :P

:D

• 2 weeks later...

hey man

I too am a proud creamware costumer, owning two cards.

Synthesis, effects, routing, mixing - and the awsome modular and flexor stuff.

If you have the funds, go for it, soon you will become an addict :P

:D

245433[/snapback]

hehe i got the card man but im screwed up by all the routring :)

dont get shit yet but i got some nice pointers from spindrift so soon i hope to make it all possible :D allthough i dont think i will use so much from the vsts and stuff im all about hardware cant take vsts =/

It's the dogs bollocks.

When it comes to synthesis it's the most flexible and best sounding pice of kit I laid my hands on.

And I used a lot of synths in my days.

242636[/snapback]

Have you ever tried a Clavia Nord Modular G2?

Have you ever tried a Clavia Nord Modular G2?

251827[/snapback]

Sure, I have tried it.

It's a lot nicer sounding than the nord leads from my impression.

Still it sounds more digital than the pulsar modular and don't have the same fatness.

Although fatness is not desirable with all sounds it is what normally is missing with most VSTi's.

The G2 and nords make sounds that is easy to mix and is ok for leads and quelchy fx sounds but don't really excite me.

I never owned a VA myself though since I found them so great sounding a lot of the time.

I really did not get along with the nord when it came and was a real analogue geek.

A was a great fan of waldorf when I was using the original microwave with analogue filtes, but thought the virtual filters they make is not so good and is not really keen on their VA's either.

I also used a lot of hardware modulars which is fun albeit a bit cumbersome way of working. Many of the old machines I tried sound a bit tired though and I would never spend the money on a moog, arp or roland modular since I'm not sure if I would bother to use it much at all.

The only hardware I could imagine that i might bother to integrate with my setup again sometime would be a modern analogue modular like doepher.

Pulsar just rules. Since I got my card some 5-6 years ago I get no exitement looking in sound on sound anymore and I really have no feeling to integrate any hardware because I simply don't need it.

I all the time discover new machines and ways to use the modular so I'm still like a kid on x-mas when using my setup.

That I can take my complete setup with me when I do a live or go travelling is of course nice bonuses as well.