Define eurotrance...

Guest Rain

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... Because it isn't?

240805[/snapback]

Oh, yes it is. As Sherlock said, there's no exact science in classifying. So Tiesto is just as much goa as it is eurotrance.

Oh, yes it is. As Sherlock said, there's no exact science in classifying. So Tiesto is just as much goa as it is eurotrance.

You're entitled to your opinion, although you seem to be a bit confused and contradicting with your previous comments.

My god.. dont make your self look folish Cinos.. Your argumenting with BS.

anyway..

Trance is what we would call the umbrella of it "all". Eurotrance is the more "softer" xtc trance that Tiesto (like Redeemer said) ruined. Why? Because eurotrance became (to) big with his name. So others wanted to make eurotrance, mostly people who seemingly should be making Eurodance. Lasgo ect ect ect ect.. are not making Eurotrance .. They are/where making Eurotrancedance..

It's like the same thing thats happening in Isreal and psytrance. When a music style is "underground" and it becomes big and popular, there will always be people out there making their own version of it. Like the new Full-On style. Made to fill the music floor, and most of all. Make money.

Music for ......... people. :o

Oh.. And Cinos is right in one thing.. Goa and trance are connected. No matter what you say Redeemer. And we see both in past, present and futhure that they are mixed in each other. They all have the same father. Called "Electronica" :P

You're entitled to your opinion, although you seem to be a bit confused and contradicting with your previous comments.

240811[/snapback]

I'm not agreeing on that. I'm just saying if what Sherlock says is true, so is that.

But Psytones hits the nail on head as usual.

But upon reading his text close, I see he, too, classes Tiesto as euro. :angry: Ever heard of EPIC TRANCE?

Lets just call it trance then.

240824[/snapback]

Yeah. Now we're talking the same language. I think. Or do I agree with that? Hm.

Trance is what we would call the umbrella of it "all". Eurotrance is the more "softer" xtc trance that Tiesto (like Redeemer said) ruined. Why? Because eurotrance became (to) big with his name. So others wanted to make eurotrance, mostly people who seemingly should be making Eurodance. Lasgo ect ect ect ect.. are not making Eurotrance .. They are/where making Eurotrancedance.

That is very well put and very much the way I see it. Sure some artists may have more the eurodance/europop flavour in their music than others, but that doesn't make it entirely different genre just even more commercial and cheesy version of it.

Oh.. And Cinos is right in one thing.. Goa and trance are connected. No matter what you say Redeemer. And we see both in past, present and futhure that they are mixed in each other. They all have the same father. Called "Electronica" :P

I never claimed otherwise! Of course goa *trance* is trance also. But I'm not the one who calls people morons just because they have a different view on some small detail like what some genre should be called. :)

But I'm not the one who calls people morons just because they have a different view on some small detail like what some genre should be called. :)

240875[/snapback]

Did you just feel a need to say that or is it somehow related to the subject?

Besides, I don't call those who deserve it morons because of their opinions, but their way to express them.

Ok people, its half time. We saw a wonderful match played by Cinos and Redeemer.

Redeemer took the early lead in the game, but Cinos never far behind played all his cards, and most importantly never gives up. Never!

Then Psytones came unexpectely from the side lines and had Cinos trip over his own feet, - but for a short moment only, because Cinos can't be stopped!

Many tried, but he is the original energy bunny, he keeps on going and going and...

Here they came again, second half.

Where are my popcorn?

Did you just feel a need to say that or is it somehow related to the subject?

Both, actually. Particularly I felt it's worth pointing out because it's such a good example of your way of thinking.

Besides, I don't call those who deserve it morons because of their opinions, but their way to express them.

You have a problem with humorous way of expression? I take it you don't read psyreviews.com either then...

In my opinion Ishkur does excellent job on such a difficult topic in showing some light into the genres in electronica.

By all means, let's see the almighty Cinos' version of the subject.

And not only your books - but just about everybodys books.

Oh, I noticed that Ishkur the moron has updated his guide... now he puts every trance genre except classic, tribal and psy into the "eurotrance" category. Little does he realize eurotrance is a subgroup itself.  :rolleyes:

240783[/snapback]

What you don't seem to realize is that there is more than one definition of euro-trance, and your definition isn't necessarily more "correct" than the other. Euro-trance can be used as you do to describe cheesy commercial shit trance a la Lasgo, Ian van Dahl etc, but it's also used as a term for club trance in general. Used like that Tiesto is euro-trance, whether you like it or not.

Next time be a little more humble, because everybody doesn't see things the same way as you.

240884[/snapback]

yes.. you should listen to your own words my swedish friend ;)

Ok people, its half time. We saw a wonderful match played by Cinos and Redeemer.

Redeemer took the early lead in the game, but Cinos never far behind played all his cards, and most importantly never gives up. Never!

Then Psytones came unexpectely from the side lines and had Cinos trip over his own feet, -  but for a short moment only, because Cinos can't be stopped!

Many tried, but he is the original energy bunny, he keeps on going and going and...

Here they came again, second half.

Where are my popcorn?

240895[/snapback]

:lol:Now this is great humor!!

...just to get us back on topic, how would you classify Behing the Eye, the trance tracks in Rave Missions (especially vol.3)?

and what about Paul van Dyk's Seven Ways album?

I would say the first could be just called "trance" and the second "progressive trance" maybe.

anyway, the whole subgenre thing is a bit confusing, even though it comes naturally when you want to classify things in your head. I dont agree with Ishkur in many of his categorizations though...

What you don't seem to realize is that there is more than one definition of euro-trance, and your definition isn't necessarily more "correct" than the other. Euro-trance can be used as you do to describe cheesy commercial shit trance a la Lasgo, Ian van Dahl etc, but it's also used as a term for club trance in general. Used like that Tiesto is euro-trance, whether you like it or not.

Next time be a little more humble, because everybody doesn't see things the same way as you.

240913[/snapback]

Well, in case we'll use THAT definition, you know, the one hardly anybody uses, instead of the wide-spread one most everybody agrees on...

Well then, Tiesto is eurotrance. :P

yes.. you should listen to your own words my swedish friend ;)

240941[/snapback]

Who's swedish here?

IMO Lasgo, Milk Inc., etc. are vocal trance

241031[/snapback]

vocal EURO trance. vocal trance is too vague. vocal trance could be any type of trance tune with singing in it. i.e. tikal - breath. although that is vocal psytrance.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

My view is:

Trance or Eurotrance = mostly german band from early & mid 90's like Dance 2 Trance, Cosmic Baby, Jam & Spoon , Marmion

Hardtrance = clubby,commercial fast & nervous trance like Scooter, Sash!

Club Trance = a syruppy sound mainly from UK & switzerland like Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk ,Sasha, Paul Digweed

My view is:

Trance or Eurotrance = mostly german band from early & mid 90's like Dance 2 Trance, Cosmic Baby, Jam & Spoon , Marmion

Club Trance = a syruppy sound mainly from UK & switzerland like Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk ,Sasha, Paul Digweed

241057[/snapback]

err its John Digweed.So whats the different between trance and club trance lol im really curious

My view is:

241057[/snapback]

1. JOHN Digweed.

(the following ideas are going by what most people agree on)

2. More correct examples of hardtrance would be Cosmic Gate... basically, it's HARD BASSDRUM with HARD MELODIES and no finesse at all.

Scooter are usually classified as eurotrance.

Sasha & Digweed are more known for progressive trance than club trance.

I'm following this thread with big interest, mainly because I've never heard the classification "Eurotrance" before. What makes it even more interesting is that there seem to be a lot of different opinions what it exactly is.

I buy a lot of trance records and all I can add to this discussion is the following: I've never seen the label "Eurotrance" on any record I've ever bought. Not in a real records store nor in an online one. Trance releases are labeled or described as Clubtrance, Progressive Trance, Vocal Trance, Hardstyle, Commercial Trance, Trance, Epic Trance and maybe other that come to my mind right now.

Maybe this is not an "official" genre but just a name to label all releases that are from Europe. For the US market for example. I don't have any proofs of this, it's just what I personally think about it.

1. JOHN Digweed.

(the following ideas are going by what most people agree on)

2. More correct examples of hardtrance would be Cosmic Gate... basically, it's HARD BASSDRUM with HARD MELODIES and no finesse at all.

Scooter are usually classified as eurotrance.

Sasha & Digweed are more known for progressive trance than club trance.

241062[/snapback]

Cosmic gate, is a very specific / original style of hard trance. its actaully Hard Dance. in the UK, hard trance would best be described as stuff from the following artists (here are a few examples)

Candyman - Lab 4 (guyver rmx)

anything from Lab 4

Stimluant Djs

Phil Reynolds

K90

Rank1

those are actually "good" hard trance artists. might even be worth a listen.... :ph34r: