Guest Rain

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe.you can trie the belgium stuff

milc inc

tiesto.

Most anthem driven 1 layer melody 3 minute trance jingles that are played particularly in clubs are Eurotrance. It's the most mainstream trance can go, and likewise the most lame to the point that its offensive.

Eurotrance covers a broad range of trance that from utter crap to complete brilliance. Eurotrance is sometimes known by different tags such as Dutch trance, melodic trance, uplifting trance, mainstream trance, commercial trance or in some cases 'cheese'. Today Eurotrance has become a term that has largely become synonymous with light, fluffy commercial garbage.

Eurotrance is characterised by soaring female vocals, uplifting ecstatic melodies, sweeping background synths and lots of buildups and breakdowns.

IMO, the golden era of Eurotrance was between 1996 and 2001. Artists and producers such as Armin van Buuren, DJ Tiesto and Ferry Corsten were churning out some mind blowing sets and compilations. Unfortunately, in later years as trance has become more mainstream there has been some real crap produced that has given the trance genre a bad name.

Following are some examples of what I consider the absolute best of Eurotrance and are essential to any trance lover's collection:

Armin van Buuren - Transparance 004

Kimball Collins - Generation Trance 2000

Ferry Corsten - Trance Nation

Tiesto - Majik 6: Live in Amsterdam

Tiesto - In Search of Sunrise 3

On the flip side here are some names to avoid like the plague: Ian van Dahl, Lasgo, Scooter and Darude. There is very little Eurotrance that is currently being produced that is worth one cent. If you are interested in exploring Eurotrance, go back to the years when it was actually good.

Eurotrance covers a broad range of trance that from utter crap to complete brilliance.  Eurotrance is sometimes known by different tags such as Dutch trance, melodic trance, uplifting trance, mainstream trance, commercial trance or in some cases 'cheese'.  Today Eurotrance has become a term that has largely become synonymous with light, fluffy commercial garbage. 

Eurotrance is characterised by soaring female vocals, uplifting ecstatic melodies, sweeping background synths and lots of buildups and breakdowns.

IMO, the golden era of Eurotrance was between 1996 and 2001.  Artists and producers such as Armin van Buuren, DJ Tiesto and Ferry Corsten were churning out some mind blowing sets and compilations.  Unfortunately, in later years as trance has become more mainstream there has been some real crap produced that has given the trance genre a bad name.

Following are some examples of what I consider the absolute best of Eurotrance and are essential to any trance lover's collection:

Armin van Buuren - Transparance 004

Kimball Collins - Generation Trance 2000

Ferry Corsten - Trance Nation

Tiesto - Majik 6: Live in Amsterdam

Tiesto - In Search of Sunrise 3

On the flip side here are some names to avoid like the plague:  Ian van Dahl, Lasgo, Scooter and Darude.  There is very little Eurotrance that is currently being produced that is worth one cent.  If you are interested in exploring Eurotrance, go back to the years when it was actually good.

240546[/snapback]

No, no, no. All you mentioned as good are melodic trance. However the names you tell us to avoid ARE eurotrance.

Eurotrance is basically stupided-down club trance. :(

Tiesto, Armin, Ferry - Melodic.

Lasgo, DJ Sammy, Scooter - Euro

See the difference?

No, no, no. All you mentioned as good are melodic trance. However the names you tell us to avoid ARE eurotrance.

Eurotrance is basically stupided-down club trance.  :(

See the difference?

240548[/snapback]

I think I can agree with you Cinos. It would pain me to call any of the artists I mentioned as true Eurotrance. Unfortunately, there are plenty of elitist technophiles who are willing to lump them all together in one unfortunate category.

Eurotrance is basically stupided-down club trance.  :(

See the difference?

240548[/snapback]

this is true. B)

Most anthem driven 1 layer melody 3 minute trance jingles that are played particularly in clubs are Eurotrance. It's the most mainstream trance can go, and likewise the most lame to the point that its offensive.

240542[/snapback]

Sorry man.. But your talking about "newer" Eurotrance.

But your discription is more suited for "Eurodance".

Good Eurotrance would be from the mid 90th's. Like the two first compilations from Tiesto, "Magik 1 & 2", Forbidden Paradise is also a very good compilation series. After 1999 things began to fall apart. Tracks became more commercial, kids started to "digg" the music. And lyrics became popular. Ero, Euro trance became more and more Eurodance. But artists like Armen Von Buuren keeps the "original" eurotrance spirit alive.

See.. I think this is happening to psytrance. Full-On is the "new" psytrance. And it is apeling more to the wide crowd then Goa.

Full-On is replacing "Eurotrance" as we speak.

I am going to put an end to this silly debate. this is the most simple and easiest way to describe what Eurotrance really is.

Posted Image

240727[/snapback]

HAHAHA

And here is me carrying my new euro trance digipack

Posted Image

This is probably posted before, but it's a good guide to the genres http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

In my opinion it's all eurotrance what you're talking about, just different sub-genres in it.

240731[/snapback]

And i've said this before, but actually trusting that guide is excessively stupid. :angry:

Eurotrance is a sub-genre of normal trance. And there is a clear difference between, say , Tiesto, and Lasgo. :P

HAHAHA

And here is me carrying my new euro trance digipack

Posted Image

240737[/snapback]

lol!! tis tru though....eurotrance is just plain unacceptable. its fair to say i hate 95% - 100% of it. i dont even like more "grown" up commerical trance , like uplifting, hard trance etc. eurotrance is like playing with your own sh1t. no matter how much you mold it and change it, and rearrange it. its still sh1t in the end.

Posted Image

And i've said this before, but actually trusting that guide is excessively stupid.  :angry:

Sure, it's not dead serious, but I certainly rather trust it than for example... you. :D

Eurotrance is a sub-genre of normal trance. And there is a clear difference between, say , Tiesto, and Lasgo.  :P

There hasn't been normal trance in ten years. So what if there's a difference. There's a clear difference between The Delta and Green Nuns of the Revolution, but they're both psy aren't they?

Sure, it's not dead serious, but I certainly rather trust it than for example... you. :D

There hasn't been normal trance in ten years. So what if there's a difference. There's a clear difference between The Delta and Green Nuns of the Revolution, but they're both psy aren't they?

240745[/snapback]

you cant say that. the difference between the delta and the green nuns is not as extreme as say, lasgo and tiesto.

tiesto USED to actually be alright back in like 98 / 99 etc. largo is just vile i-dont-wanna-leave-you-coz-i-love-you-too-much-baby commercial eurotrance crap.

you cant say that. the difference between the delta and the green nuns is not as extreme as say, lasgo and tiesto.

tiesto USED to actually be alright back in like 98 / 99 etc.  largo is just vile i-dont-wanna-leave-you-coz-i-love-you-too-much-baby commercial eurotrance crap.

240749[/snapback]

Well, I don't know lasgo so I can't comment, but seriously it can't get much more commercial than Tiesto.

Look, trance is what I listened in the EARLY nineties (not '99 ffs), like:

http://www.discogs.com/release/54719

http://www.discogs.com/release/98630

and it died back then (Tiesto & Co killed it).

So for the rest of the nineties I moved on to Goa, but then that died too and I was left with nothing. Well, almost. :)

Well, I don't know lasgo so I can't comment, but seriously it can't get much more commercial than Tiesto.

Look, trance is what I listened in the EARLY nineties (not '99 ffs), like:

http://www.discogs.com/release/54719

http://www.discogs.com/release/98630

and it died back then (Tiesto & Co killed it).

So for the rest of the nineties I moved on to Goa, but then that died too and I was left with nothing. Well, almost. :)

240762[/snapback]

Really, your attitude is annoying. That was trance, yes, but it doesn't make Tiesto NOT trance. :rolleyes:

Dont really care about what you guys think about Tiesto.I just want to say that some tracks like Forever Today,Heroes,Euphoria and Athena sound pure trance to me.

240778[/snapback]

some of tiestos earlier stuff was quite good. the more euphoric, less cheesy stuff i could actually stomach. but thats not EUROTRANCE, it falls under progressive, uplifting club trance of the late 90s' EUROTRANCE in my books, is like Lasgo, and Ian van Dahl, castles in the sky, chedder choons.

some of tiestos earlier stuff was quite good. the more euphoric, less cheesy stuff i could actually stomach. but thats not EUROTRANCE, it falls under progressive, uplifting club trance of the late 90s'  EUROTRANCE in my books, is like Lasgo, and Ian van Dahl, castles in the sky, chedder choons.

240781[/snapback]

And not only your books - but just about everybodys books.

Oh, I noticed that Ishkur the moron has updated his guide... now he puts every trance genre except classic, tribal and psy into the "eurotrance" category. Little does he realize eurotrance is a subgroup itself. :rolleyes:

Really, your attitude is annoying.

What attitude? You mean disagreeing with you? :blink:

That was trance, yes, but it doesn't make Tiesto NOT trance.  :rolleyes:

...nor does a difference in music mean that they must be in different genres. Well, call it what you will, it's all the same commercial clubtrance/eurotrance to me. :)

What attitude? You mean disagreeing with you? :blink:

240796[/snapback]

No, I mean stubbornly arguing about something you know isn't correct.

...nor does a difference in music mean that they must be in different genres. Well, call it what you will, it's all the same commercial clubtrance/eurotrance to me. :)

240796[/snapback]

Ok, why don't we call Tiesto goa while we're at it?

240798[/snapback]

there´s no right or wrong when it comes to genre classification... Its not scientific or absolute... accept that some people may view them differently than you and they are just as correct..

Oh, that's what you're doing. Ok then. :(

Ok, why don't we call Tiesto goa while we're at it?

Hmmmm... Because it isn't?

Ok, ebough arguing with the kids, I let you to enjoy your Tiestos now. ;)