Orchestral Tracks

I used to write orchestral/symphonic music quite a bit until I got majorly distracted by composing electronic music. I'd like to get into it again but I've been somewhat uninspired. Does anyone have any orchestral tracks they have for a free listen? I'm yearning some inspiration.

Thanks

I've written a few I'd be willing to share, but I lost them in a hard drive crash just recently. If you don't care about the source though, you could always browse through OCRemix (a site dedicated to remixing videogame music :D), there are quite a few orchestral tracks there.

I've written a few I'd be willing to share, but I lost them in a hard drive crash just recently. If you don't care about the source though, you could always browse through OCRemix (a site dedicated to remixing videogame music :D), there are quite a few orchestral tracks there.

240315[/snapback]

I used to go there quite a bit, but the crap REALLY overwhelms the goodness. I've got one megaman2 remix on there that's ok, but it's a little tame.

no, but I'm planning to do so sometime though

I'd like to hear some of your compositions

240150[/snapback]

When you've got some written I'd love to hear em :)

I've got some tunes at the acidplanet link below. I've got a mix of both my old orchestral and electronic tunes on there.

• 2 years later...

Heh, I thought I made a thread about orchestral music a while back. I just finished this last night and I'm soooo happy with this I just had to share it with you all. Even though it's short, this sucker took me almost a year to complete.

It's called Doomsday. If you have the time to listen, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I have one I wrote for a computer game back in 1993; GM only and designed to loop after about 3 minutes. I'll try and upload it at some point but it might take me a while...

Sweet, man. I'd love to hear it :)

That's cool, Colin. :) It's a very narrative piece with a lot going on. It certainly deserves genuine orchestral instruments. Wouldn't you love to be able to hear a real orchestra play your work? Man, that's one of my biggest dreams. Having only GM instruments was the main reason why I placed orchestral composition on the backburner for so long. It's frustrating to have these grand epic ideas that have limited translation.

What game was this for, some kind of fantasy adventure or RPG?

Thanks for sharing, Colin :)

That's cool, Colin. :) It's a very narrative piece with a lot going on. It certainly deserves genuine orchestral instruments. Wouldn't you love to be able to hear a real orchestra play your work? Man, that's one of my biggest dreams. Having only GM instruments was the main reason why I placed orchestral composition on the backburner for so long. It's frustrating to have these grand epic ideas that have limited translation.

What game was this for, some kind of fantasy adventure or RPG?

Thanks for sharing, Colin :)

http://atarimagazines.planetmirror.com/com...4_CITY_2000.php :)

Buy a copy here or here but be prepared for it not to run under XP or Vista!

I wrote some orchestral stuff in the early to mid-90s. I actually still have one of them from around 1995, but it's on a floppy for my synth, and I don't know how to get that data. Does someone know a way that I can record that info into Cubase? Colin?

Everyone should listen to Symphoid's Doomsday. It's awesome.

I wrote some orchestral stuff in the early to mid-90s. I actually still have one of them from around 1995, but it's on a floppy for my synth, and I don't know how to get that data. Does someone know a way that I can record that info into Cubase? Colin?

Everyone should listen to Symphoid's Doomsday. It's awesome.

What synth? Did you use an onboard sequencer? Is the disk DOS-formatted, and is the file on it stored in a Standard MIDI File format?

It's a Korg 01/Wfd workstation ("fd" is floppy drive). I'm pretty sure it's DOS and SMF, yes.

In that case you might well be able to import the file directly into SX. (from memory) File -> Import -> Standard MIDI File

Doomsday is great! Very moody and the orchestra sounds good (much better than mine!); I really like the way you used the different articulations. And the vocals :D takes it a real step up in depth - the first time I heard them I got goosebumps - although even more layers would smooth it out a bit more. I love the ending!

Sorry for crashing the thread Billy, I didn't realise this was an old thread and that you'd bumped it to post your OWN track; I just read the first post and thought you were still looking for inspiration, I didn't read it to the end or look at the dates when I posted ... my bad

I did an orchestral thing on my Yamaha in 1997. Not on the internet anymore no.

Good stuff Symph! I have a feeling it sounds better as a .wav

Sweet! Thanks NN :) You're right, it does sound better, as with the wav, the high end has a better presence.

Doomsday is great! Very moody and the orchestra sounds good (much better than mine!); I really like the way you used the different articulations. And the vocals :D takes it a real step up in depth - the first time I heard them I got goosebumps - although even more layers would smooth it out a bit more. I love the ending!

Sorry for crashing the thread Billy, I didn't realise this was an old thread and that you'd bumped it to post your OWN track; I just read the first post and thought you were still looking for inspiration, I didn't read it to the end or look at the dates when I posted ... my bad

Not a problem at all Colin, this thread is open to all :) Thanks for the great words, too. It's an honor to hear your feedback :)

In that case you might well be able to import the file directly into SX. (from memory) File -> Import -> Standard MIDI File

Thanks, Colin. I'll give that a try. I've yet to figure out how to make any sound from my Korg in Cubase.

Heh, I thought I made a thread about orchestral music a while back. I just finished this last night and I'm soooo happy with this I just had to share it with you all. Even though it's short, this sucker took me almost a year to complete.

It's called Doomsday. If you have the time to listen, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Dude, more people need to hear this. I suggest you put it in Music Promo too.

I wanted to try to make something orchestral last year. I downloaded this über orchestral sample set (vienna symphonic, illegal ofcourse) and had a lot of work to convert everything to Kontakt instruments, but then I never did anything with it. That's pretty sad. :lol: