Am i the only one who doesnt like Shpongle?

dee

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we agreed already that shpongle sucks

:P

just a comment for all the sample/legal status talk...

leaving EP put of this (because its his job), i m amazed to see that so many psytrancers actually pay attention to the law..

242812[/snapback]

im paying attention to samples&morals. because im not a psytrancer :)

leaving EP put of this (because its his job), i m amazed to see that so many psytrancers actually pay attention to the law..

242812[/snapback]

Yes, cause many psytrancers use samples.

Guest eleria

242812[/snapback]

Don't know what exactly you mean by "pay attention to the law", but just in case I made the impression on you, that I would think one should follow the law, I like to say, that I don't.

My "big up" for being legal was completely ironic, since I find it rather amusing when people seem to be proud to conform to the rules of the system.

• 3 years later...

Don't know what exactly you mean by "pay attention to the law", but just in case I made the impression on you, that I would think one should follow the law, I like to say, that I don't.

My "big up" for being legal was completely ironic, since I find it rather amusing when people seem to be proud to conform to the rules of the system.

you bet lolz

I actually find it hard to dislike shpongle. I can understand that people don't love it, taste is taste & all but there's not much to hate. It's well made, uses pleasant sounds & is really really trippy.

I like :D

Shpongle are one of the few artists in the scene I can still listen to as compared to the majority of psy, trancey or ambient, it's very unrepetitive and repetition fast bores me. They're supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Guest antic

I actually find it hard to dislike shpongle. I can understand that people don't love it, taste is taste & all but there's not much to hate. It's well made, uses pleasant sounds & is really really trippy.

I like :D

In light of that comment I completely can not understand why you don't like Younger Brother, because it's much better made, uses more pleasant samples and is way more trippy... I personally find a lot of tracks on Shpongle 2 & 3 to be very cheesy and tacky, but maybe that's just me. :)

personally, a few shpongle songs are good all the time, and some are good some of the time. being high helps lol

I could never bring myself to really like Shpongle. It was always too strange for me. Had downloaded a few of their tracks, some of them not that bad, but never got to really like them.

And then I remember there was a sort of hype about Beija Flor, a track released on a compilation before their third album came out. And well, I got curious of the praise and downloaded it. It's not even that bad of a track, but in the second half I really hated the "uaioue"-kind of lyrical performace, a totally unnecessary thing that ruins the atmophere ... and the samba samples I hated aswell. Horrible. Atmosphere gone! What is this? This is not nice, not comfy, beh, I don't want that.

The Ott Remix of "Around the World in a Tea Daze", that one is awesome! That's how Shongle should be! And then I downloaded the original and it was a sorta let down again... <_<

yep same here... I liked a few of their stuff when released although I never was part of the "if this is made by Simon GODford then I MUST like it!!!" movement like so many where a few years ago. But now I must say that I can't bring myself to listen to one whole track without feeling the need to fast-forward! It's just too incoherent IMO: sometimes it's nice, other times it's just too random. Would be cool if there were some remixes taking only the nice parts though ;)

• 4 months later...