Am i the only one who doesnt like Shpongle?

dee

Im not trying to bring up a negative post, it just seem that everyone in here really like them... and i feel so alone :( more precisely i hardly like it a bit.. also can someone xplain to me why is it considered that good??

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr. People like things that make them feel good. Shpongle makes some peopel feel good. It doesn't make you feel good and you are most probably not the only one. Its stupid to consider what makes Shpongle good because the term 'good' is not the right one.....

Well something like that. Shpongle isn't good or bad, nor is any band its all a matter of taste and taste comes from so many things that it's not possible to discuss it.

Of course it´s about taste, as everything is, and I honestly have to say it´s not to my taste at all. I bought "Are you shpongled" because of the hype around this CD and I was so disappointed it almost made me throw the damn thing against the wall. :P

There´s absolutely nothing in their music that grabs my attention, it just bleeps and blops it´s way through, I´m really sorry to say that... but who gives a fuck about my opinion anyway :)

Errr. People like things that make them feel good. Shpongle makes some peopel feel good. It doesn't make you feel good and you are most probably not the only one. Its stupid to consider what makes Shpongle good because the term 'good' is not the right one.....

Well something like that. Shpongle isn't good or bad, nor is any band its all a matter of taste and taste comes from so many things that it's not possible to discuss it.

239313[/snapback]

I like your responds Dajek from Estonia

:)

Shpongle shows me different worlds. I just listened to their second CD again, and it's pure bliss. I am actually guessing the frequencies activate some endorphine transmitters in my head. :) Their music really RESONATES within me... I can just close my eyes and drift along, floating. And I love that feeling.

I actually got sad while reading this post. Everybody should be able to experiences the Shpongled goodness. :(

Of course it´s about taste, as everything is, and I honestly have to say it´s not to my taste at all. I bought "Are you shpongled" because of the hype around this CD and I was so disappointed it almost made me throw the damn thing against the wall.  :P

There´s absolutely nothing in their music that grabs my attention, it just bleeps and blops it´s way through, I´m really sorry to say that... but who gives a fuck about my opinion anyway  :)

239316[/snapback]

That's about how I felt about Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes. <_<

Im not trying to  bring up a negative post, it just seem that everyone in here really like them... and i feel so alone  :(  more precisely i hardly like it a bit.. also can someone xplain to me why is it considered that good??

239308[/snapback]

Hmmm. why apologize, why shouldn`t you state your opinion or like something that you actually don`t like, out of consensus, on a frigging internet forum?

I also don´t find shpongle to be anything special, the 1st album was a way-above-average "chilly" album, with one classic track "And the day turned..."

The 2nd album was a huge disappointment, mainly because of the copy & paste "world music" -feeling.

"remixed" I haven`t heard, no really interested, except the Brothom States remix, because he (Lassi Nikko, not Posford & The Tip geezer) rocks.

On the whole I dislike all kinds of fanboys/girls, and this shpongle is something that seems to attract these. Perhaps that´s why you started with the "I don`t wanna"

pax.

It depends on the song for me. Some are genius (someone already mentioned As the Day Turns...) and others I would just as soon never hear again. And Late, the remix album is worth checking out, I actually prefer it to their previous albums (especially the Ott and Prometheus remixes).

man, shpongle to me is amazing,

I haven't heard much music that combines so many layers and textures to create an ever evolving sound. His first CD is more enjoyable to me because the second ventures off into more of a world beat kinda sound, but some of the tracks are crazy in the 2nd CD, the ones that blend vastly different styles together to create a real psychedellic sound, like salsa into some flute music with trance synths playing at the same time...

i dont dislike em

but i dont LOVE and jerk of to them like some people here...

:P:rolleyes::lol:;)

:D another sphongle fight coming up :P ...

well I like sphongle but not more or less I like entheogenic, or shulman...

I think their great but don't consider them as the best or unique imho...

So you kidna ruined the record, huh?

--

Anyway... to try to give some wannabe-objective comment about Shpongle's success: I think the key might be in variativity (hope I spelled it correctly). Not only do some Shpongle tracks include many different themes (...and the day turned to night is a nice example here too), but also they have many diffent style tracks so one album isn't one track in different key (this is ofcourse very roughly said, but somewhat it is true for an album that has tracks in the same style). For example Once Upon the Sea of Blissful Awareness is very different from Aroudn the World in a tea daze which is very different from Saudade pt2 which is very different from crystal skulls which is very different from Behind Closed Eyelids which is quite different from Shpongle Falls. So you get some trance, some ambient, some wourld music, some drumfunk etc with shpongle and I find that this mixture has a good atmosphere in it etc.

nope you´re not alone.. I dont like it either...

the second cd is horrible imo.. maybe 1 track is ok, the rest.. bahhh... Such a bad use of samples...

first cd is ok.. a few good tracks.. but they never did anything amazing imo, and their music never really touched me...

tons of better chill out music out there....

nope you´re not alone.. I dont like it either...

the second cd is horrible imo.. maybe 1 track is ok, the rest.. bahhh... Such a bad use of samples...

first cd is ok.. a few good tracks.. but they never did anything amazing imo, and their music never really touched me...

tons of better chill out music out there....

239517[/snapback]

And then you people look down at me when I say Pleiadians are just OK. :rolleyes:

Bad use of samples? Bad bad bad mediocre? SHUT UP! :angry:;)

And then you people look down at me when I say Pleiadians are just OK.  :rolleyes:

Bad use of samples? Bad bad bad mediocre? SHUT UP!  :angry:  ;)

239519[/snapback]

I dont like pleiadians either, so I hope that was not aimed at me :)

yes yes, bad use of samples...they used for example cheesy bad-quality brazillian carnival music samples, and it didnt even fit well! that cannot be good...

opinions opinions :)

yes yes, bad use of samples...they used for example cheesy bad-quality brazillian carnival music samples, and it didnt even fit well!  that cannot be good...

opinions opinions :)

239526[/snapback]

They FIT PERFECTLY. Where are your ears? Everything Shpongle uses fits perfectly! Along with Juno Reactor they are one of the few to accomplish such a feat.

Give me one example of a specific Shpongle moment where the samples do not fit.

They FIT PERFECTLY. Where are your ears? Everything Shpongle uses fits perfectly! Along with Juno Reactor they are one of the few to accomplish such a feat.

Give me one example of a specific Shpongle moment where the samples do not fit.

239527[/snapback]

no they dont... not imo...

like Star Shpongled Banner.. at 4:40 it already gets too hallucinogen-like which sucks imo, too noisy and unclear sounds... then at 7:27 or smt this ´ooohhh ohhh oohhh ohhh ohhh, te pegoo´ brazillian carnival thingie comes in.. and it SUCKS

and the ´my head feels like a frisbee´ specially the latino part is just so over the top.. very unnecessary..

and.. and...

ok I just stop for now..

no they dont... not imo...

like Star Shpongled Banner.. at 4:40 it already gets too hallucinogen-like which sucks imo, too noisy and unclear sounds... then at 7:27 or smt this ´ooohhh ohhh oohhh ohhh ohhh,  te pegoo´ brazillian carnival thingie comes in.. and it SUCKS

and the ´my head feels like a frisbee´ specially the latino part is just so over the top.. very unnecessary..

and.. and...

ok I just stop for now..

239537[/snapback]

When I heard those "ooh oooh" samples, I thought they fit perfectly in the mood. I guess this proves our tastes are completely different. <_<

When I heard those "ooh oooh" samples, I thought they fit perfectly in the mood. I guess this proves our tastes are completely different. <_<

239538[/snapback]

exactly :)