V/A - Boldly Audio

Nefarious

Not much mention of this so I better rectify that....

Heres the debut release fro Sanaton records. And fuk me gently with a chainsaw if it aint an utter belter.

I suk at trak by trak descriptions, and couldnt accuratley describe sounds if my life depended on it. I usually go on the feel of reviews, so if if can do that i guess you'll understand. Think sweedish forest, think Derango, think shroomy madness.

Heres the traklist:

hALLUCINOGENIC hORSES - Psykatikk Sulky(w&p by Ola Eriksson, Emil Wennborn, Jens Eriksson & Johan Faldt)

Syzgy -Zodiac (w&p by Johan Hellqvist, Jens Eriksson & Ola Eriksson)

Atishoo - Evolution? v2 (w&p by Markus Ryman & Johan Hellqvist)

Derango - Welkin (w&p by u know who)

Sykoroknyx - Ergot (w&p by Andreas Werner)

Traskel - Somniak (w&p by Markus Ryman)

Procs - Aghast (w&p by Mikael Stegman)

Ka-Sol - Easy as a fact (w&p by Gravedigga)

Kaiko - Local Plants (w&p by Per Johansson)

I bothered to include names because if you noticed, or give a shit, their are many collaborations going on! Quite simply this is an excellent debut from the swedish psychos @ Sanaton. Completley at home in a nice comfy nocturnal forest. Go dance your ass off. The cover and inlay are absolutely spot on.

No evil pretence here, just tasty, twisted tunes galore. A breath of fresh forest air if you will. Contact the lads @ www.SanatonRecords.com

Alittleundregroundneverhurtanyone.............

Kick-ass comp.

Exactly the style i love the most.Derango style ;)

Ka-Sol track is also great.Good to have him back.....of course he can do better.

Please i dont want to see anyone describing this as "dark psy".This is pure deep forest psychedelia.Nothing more,nothing less.

Ka-BooM to Sanaton.We want Sanaton&Schlab together.Gather for attack......

Evolution ?

hehe this compilation is a blast, full of those crazy idiots creating demented music for our poor little souls, great stuff, especially the first 4 songs! lovers of crazy, innovative, insane psytrance should check this out at once!

Hmmm. I want to hear it now. I can't find it on psyshop or saikosounds. Where is this one available to sample and buy?

Thanks Peyote!

I heard the samples.

Dark, moody, hard, aggressive, twisted, strange...

Overall, I kinda like it; some of it anyway.

Its just too bad the last track, Local Plants by Kaiko is so goofy and fluffy sounding. I'd much rather the final track to a comp like this be something deep, dark, atmospheric, and melodic, kind of like some of those ambient goa ones (final track on BotFB) or some dark, downtempo trance track would have probably ended this album way cooler than the one they chose to use.

The Derango one sounds cool, pretty badass, very dark; strong basslines, cool sounds.

The Ka-Sol one seems somewhat interesting too.. harsh and interesting. I just would hope it doesn't stay too repetitive. The Procs track reminds me of that driving bassline in POP from off the Delta. Its very hard, stomping, and repetitive, but not in a bad way.

A true masterpiece from sweeden.

By far the best stuff i have heard this year!

Its hard to pick a favorite track here because all tracks is unique and special in its own way!

GO BUY IT!!!!>>>www.sanatonrecords.com

Very good music for sure and some more inteligent, psychedelic & twisted music as the usual dark style

this is 100% forest trance, melodic, but dark and heavy... Stone Age style but a little filthier! :) Best tracks Dernago, Procs and Ka Sol for me!

Support this label and order their cd on their website :)

• 8 months later...

Great comp for sure one of the best this year, I love beeing in the forest :ph34r:

welkin is one of my favorit Derango tracks, just have some breaks that really gives me goosebumbs (myrepatter), just amasing!

All the tracks is just nice twisted and fun to listen too, I love music with lots of good surprises like these :D

• 7 months later...

Time has been good to this compilation, it still rocks! Derangos Welkin is one of their best, love the crazy Hallucinogenic Horses track, the magnificent Atishoo and the hard Ka-Sol track, the other ones are good too ;)

• 1 month later...

Time has been good to this compilation, it still rocks! Derango's Welkin is one of their best, love the crazy Hallucinogenic Horses track, the magnificent Atishoo and the hard Ka-Sol track, the other ones are good too ;)

588339[/snapback]

You are right, its seems like time just makes it better ;) In the last yeah this has been one of the most played release in my home or in my mp3player - I just love it! :wub:

B)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The last track kind of ruins the atmosphere though.

I agree, it really doesn't fit in and it's not even that good imo.

After more listens and taking this album to the forest I must say that is the best from Audio saga, incredible forest trance from the beginning to the end!

And yes the last track kicks some serious ass too!!!

Highlights: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 8

Final verdict: 9/10 B)