Goa Girls???!

Guest The Journey Man Project

I know many girls who love the sounds of our progressive trance,and of some of the funky suomi styles... as well as the chill out project...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many girls who love the sounds of our progressive trance,and of some of the funky suomi styles... as well as the chill out project...

here in be you have old school parties with at least 50/50 girls/boys

But I agree that girls are usually (except for a few exceptions) less obsessed with psytrance... Boys are always obsessed by it it seems :)

Indeed...sometimes it seems like the girls are just doing their

boyfriends-lovers a favour by joining a party.

On the other hand, it seems that there are quite a lot of girls out here that

really go crazy on the music, so I think they're enjoying the music as well (:

in most parties here its indeed pretty much 50/50. Plenty of girls into psytrance.

About the production/ dj'ing thing: it seems to me it is a technical matter. anywhere there is alot of technical things involved you ll see less girls than boys. Computer science, building cars, producing music on pc, building houses etc etc. Its just one of those differences between men and women. Each sexe has his own preferences in live..

and about magnetrixx: its his girlfriend. She does alot of the administrative things for him (afaik) and of course joins the productional process every now and then.

reasons:

-shitty computer uptill now, that could not handle music-making

-When someone tries to explain the basics of programs like reason or fruityloops they usualy end up in 'shit how does this and that an that go again' and my short attention span thinks of candy and lollypops after trying very hard to focus on that type of behavior after 5 minutes. (even fluff tried to explain me the basics several times, but it never really seems to work. I don't blame him tho, rather 'contextual factors' and my inability to focus after 9:30PM)

-right now: good computer since 1-2 months

-tried to install logic pro: we didn't get sound out of it... bad crack i suppose : (

-installed ableton: that program just works on my nerves

-now: exams and better things to do

i made myself a promise to try it again once i have a break... big break... like... vacation and nothing to do because i can't find work-break

reasons:

-shitty computer uptill now, that could not handle music-making

-When someone tries to explain the basics of programs like reason or fruityloops they usualy end up in 'shit how does this and that an that go again' and my short attention span thinks of candy and lollypops after trying very hard to focus on that type of behavior after 5 minutes. (even fluff tried to explain me the basics several times, but it never really seems to work. I don't blame him tho, rather 'contextual factors' and my inability to focus after 9:30PM)

-right now: good computer since 1-2 months

-tried to install logic pro: we didn't get sound out of it... bad crack i suppose : (

-installed ableton: that program just works on my nerves

-now: exams and better things to do

i made myself a promise to try it again once i have a break... big break... like... vacation and nothing to do because i can't find work-break

Have you ever tried spinning/mixing? See if you like it, it requires a lesser technical knowledge to sound then production does.

However it does require a fair amount of skill and dexterity, and I don't think it will be easy at first, but it will be understandable, and you will propably find it less hard if you spend more and more time with it, so hence my advice :)

Have you ever tried spinning/mixing? See if you like it, it requires a lesser technical knowledge to sound then production does.

However it does require a fair amount of skill and dexterity, and I don't think it will be easy at first, but it will be understandable, and you will propably find it less hard if you spend more and more time with it, so hence my advice :)

well, i stood next to my 'big brother' when i was 14 all proud, watching him do his mixing'thing, but my mixingskills still don't really go beyond virtualdj so many years later :D

I can see myself being good at it tho, once i really feel like doing it. I can understand your point about the easy-part. It is nicer to get started with something simple. Eventho i'm sure that if the logic pro 7 worked, I would have gotten the hang of it quickly. Heh, I think i'd even produce some very wacked out music.

thx for the advice ; )

:lol:

and did u say 'fluffymushi'?

i'm better at eating strawberries than any of you :lol:

yeh

he hates my guts for it, but he so had it coming :lol:

:ph34r:

beside of the reason it might be too technical for girls to produce trance (of course there are exceptions), I think the major reason for lack of girls in psytrance scene is lack of sex in the scene itself...

see example rap music, girls who like and dance to this music... its groove, its sexy!

where is the sexy in nose drooling jumpy junky trance freak?

again, there are exceptions! but the facts talking for themselves! unfortunately there are very few girls going to trance parties

Yep, that's true, Psy-Trance/Goa is not sexy. I have to admit that some Finnish music definitely has the groove like Haltya, Outolintu. The bassline is much funkier than full on and even than progressive. You have to admit though that Empire parties draw lots of chicks yes?

Guest The Journey Man Project

most people I know hate the music at home, but when I drag them to a gig, girls and boys, they love it... like stepping into another world... but they just can;t be arsed making the 2 hour minimum trip to a bush doof!

Yep, that's true, Psy-Trance/Goa is not sexy. I have to admit that some Finnish music definitely has the groove like Haltya, Outolintu. The bassline is much funkier than full on and even than progressive. You have to admit though that Empire parties draw lots of chicks yes?

:wank:

Well Ive noticed that women tend to get less obssessivly interested in things, and you have to be pretty obsessed with something to get really good at it. Also because of the way men act it can be hard for a womans professional identity to be separated from her sexual identity. Especially if she looks good some people will like her because of how she looks and have lower standards, and also dilute it for women who happen to both look really good and and be really good djs/producers. As a reaction to that, there are other people who wont give her a fair listen because they assume she just got where she is by her looks. Kind of a damned if you do damned if you dont sort of thing.

I'm waiting for someone to do a Mary Shelly.

I guess Psynina was a Reverse Shelly, and look at the buzz that happened over that. I think it proves what I am saying.

but was psynina female?

Apprantly not.

here in be you have old school parties with at least 50/50 girls/boys

wanted:

tender, sweet loving, old school goa hippie belgium girl,

age: legal to infinity, for marriage and belgium citizenship purpose

:clapping: pm for offers ;) :posford:

Apprantly not.

really ? i was following the nina case on issra till that label manger stopped answerng questions

link me up dude.

really ? i was following the nina case on issra till that label manger stopped answerng questions

link me up dude.

:lol: I have no new information, it just appeared that way to me from the fact that he stopped answering questions and to this day he is the only one who has met this lady of mystery. Anyway whether she is or isnt was not really my point, my point was that the way that people acted about her when they though she was a she as opposed to when they thought she was a he (he was a he?).

PS Your avatar creeps me out