see you on the dancefloor in the mountain desert oasis in Tunesia / Africa

........................................ the party of the season 2005

LOVE PEACE & TOLERANCE

brought to you by HAPPY PEOPLE PRODUCTIONS & NOMAD

participation@solareclipse05.org

• 1 month later...

This looks like such a good party!!!!! :lol:

Wish i could go, or not be a South African, aka getting Visa's, etc :(

I was also of thinking of goin go the Rhythms of Peace party in Morocco, but also abit over my budget,..... :(

BUT ill be attending the first outdoor psy trance party in Italy, the Sonica Festival ( http://www.sonica2005.com ) , YIPPEEEE :D:lol:

Have a good one guys! :P

• 1 month later...
Guest .::E.P

This looks like such a good party!!!!! :lol:

Wish i could go, or not be a South African, aka getting Visa's, etc :(

I was also of thinking of goin go the Rhythms of Peace party in Morocco, but also abit over my budget,..... :(

BUT ill be attending the first outdoor psy trance party in Italy, the Sonica Festival ( http://www.sonica2005.com ) , YIPPEEEE :D  :lol:

Have a good one guys! :P

258873[/snapback]

I doubt it will happen. The organiser dont even have money to buy our flight tickets.

I doubt it will happen. The organiser dont even have money to buy our flight tickets.

289539[/snapback]

strange - cuz the happy ppl productions are very friendly & profesional ppl - you in contact with them EP?

maybe you can update this thread - and let us know how the festi is going - i "was" seriously planing to go tunesia for this B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well... it happend... or not. :P Depending on what you expect. If you where there to attend a big international festival... hm... I would say that you would definitly be disapointed. But if you hope for a three day local party with international guests you would probably have liked it.

There has been A LOT of rumours and talk about the Solar Eclipse: organizers who jumped off, artists who had to be cancelled due to budget and many more... Many people therefor changed their minds about going... But some of us just had to GO THERE, and see what it was all about. And the rumours just continued to spread during the gathering...

The location, first of all, was more beutiful than I expected. A beautiful oasis in the mountins wtih waterfalls, palmtrees and dragonflyies everywhere. That´s the good news. :roll:

We arrived at the first day of the festival, and signed in as some of the five first guests or something like that... No festival programs where avaliable, this itself a sign of that the organizers had known in advance that the guests wouldn´t come... We later on heard that they only had selled 30 tickets before the festival! :blink: A reason it self to cancel the whole thing...

At the "festival area", the dancefloor was moved to be situated beside a pool, a very small area, with room for maximum 300 ppl dancing. No soundsystem was there.

One or two small busses arrived, with mayby 40-60 ppl max during the night. Still no soundsystem avaliable. Day two we saw a lot of disapointed and confused people, who where there expecting a festival. During the day we heard a rumor that the 40 KW soundsystem that was going to be brought from Europe had been stopped in the costums and that it was due to them trying to smuggle two persons in to Tunisia. Later that day a 1,5 KW soundsystem with scrappy sound was setted up.

Still only about below 100 ppl there, most of them DJ´s and their friends. No shops or stalls where avaliable, except the Tunisians souvernier- and coffee-huts (that are always there beacuse the oasis is a tourist spot). They closed about 23 - 24 in the evening. This mening that if you got thirsty or hungry during the night, no food or drink where avaliable.

This night the line-up started, completly changed from what the homepage showed. This night one or two busses more arrived. I think that we where a total of 150 ppl during the festival.

The bungalows that was extremly expensive due to their standard, 30 TND a night per person, was rented not per bungalow, but per bed, that mening that you maby would have to share the room (only having one key) with someone you don´t know. I don´t know if this was the hotels policy or the organizers who had rented the place. For those who where camping, the camping area was so small that most of the ppl had to camp outside it and therefor had to pay 5 TND a night!

Not a word of explanation from the organizers, who we barley saw during the festival. You think that the least they could do, when ppl arrive and expect a full working international festival - and is met by a small party with nothing up, is an explanation. They could have gathered the ppl and said something like "many things has gone wrong, but let´s try and make the best out of this". Instead many of us had the feeling that they where hiding... Beacuse there was no explanation, many rumors spread, confusing us even more.

I don´t mind going to small parties with a non-flashy line-up. But still I don´t like false advertising. If you throw a small party, you will present it as a small party. I know that many ppl who came here, many who have travelled a long way, got disapointed.

And I guess that this party was going to be much bigger than it turned out, but still, as the organizers knew that in advance, they whould have informed the changes of plan at their website, or at least, at the party itself! :P

We who where there tried to make the best out of it, and held the spirit high. As there was so little ppl almost everybody got the chance to talk (a nice side-effect), but beacuse of this, there was never more than 30 ppl at the dancefloor. Sadly, there was no music at all during daytime.

At the night before the eclipse a better soundsytem arrived, a great surprise when a lot of things was going wrong.

The solar eclipse was beautiful, though there was no stop of the music during the eclipse, as many had expected. A little sad also for the DJ, who was playing really good, down at the dancefloor by him self, as all the ppl where up wathing the eclipse at the mountins. He really did a good work though! :)

The festival was now going to continue for two more days. But after the eclipse the soundsystem was taken down and packed on a truck. :angry: The organizers left in their car with no explanation, what so ever. :(

So this, my friends, was the Solar Eclipse 2005. We who came had a confusing but wonderful experience, meeting nice ppl from all over the world who came though they heard so much rumors... IT WAS THE PEOPLE WHO CAME WHO MADE THE PARTY HAPPEN. We really met some wonderful ppl here. And all of us new and old friends are even more determined to gather at the Soulclipse in 2006! :)

I don´t want to say anything bad to the organizers in person, just that as _organizers_, they didn´t really do the job. If it had arrived 1000 - 3000 ppl as I guess was expected, there would have been chaos. No food or drinks, no big soundsystem, an almost unexisting camping area, no shops or stalls... If so many ppl had showed up expecting a big festival only to meet a small local event... hm... I don´t even want to speculate... :P

Thanks to all the nice ppl we met! I hope we will all gather at Soulclipse! :)