What music are you listening to right now?

Sputum Rotgut

Tim Clemet - Beautiful Lady

Lovely track. Those buddhist chimes and samples from the tibetian book of living and dead creates such a surrreal atmosphere

Sawfly, were you not "Space Monkey" before?

:huh:

611952[/snapback]

I guess so ;)

611953[/snapback]

Space Monkey was such a cool name. I always thought of it as an inter galactic sea monkey :D

Sawfly is going to take some work <_<

Space Monkey was such a cool name. I always thought of it as an inter galactic sea monkey  :D

Sawfly is going to take some work  <_<

612078[/snapback]

Meh, I was too stoned at the time to think of another nick :D

I wanted to be ant, but it was already taken <_<

np. Digitalist vs. Electrypnose: Imaginers :)

Meh, I was too stoned at the time to think of another nick :D

I wanted to be ant, but it was already taken <_<

np. Digitalist vs. Electrypnose: Imaginers :)

612086[/snapback]

So how did sawfly come about? Whenever I think of it I imagine sawdust + house flies

Matthew Florianz - Sprook

Dark Seeds rec. - 1999

With his synthesiser, Matthew Florianz has created a soundscape in which two elements rule: light and darkness. With simple gestures he keeps the music flowing, giving you the opportunity to sit back, close you eyes and let the imagination flow. How would you define the soundscape unfolding? Land, sea, infinite space ... ? The creator sets but one ground rule: it is dark and light fights for its place.

Until the last track the light fights for its place. But when the light comes through, it creates a new soundscape. Lighter of course, but also more clearly defined. Some people will recognise it as the kind of sound Vangelis created for Blade Runner. Although it is in the same mood, it does not rip it off. It rather helps you get back to 'reality' and makes for a happy end. Light has conquered darkness. Until you press replay, of course.

Sprook - the music

After the waltz-like music in the prologue, you are not giving much melody to hold on to. This is music where the 'ambience' matters. How you take the music will be greatly affected by your mood and musical preferences. Do you need a clearly defined score with melodies and their development? Then this is not your cup of tea. Do you want to do something with the music; let it take you in a journey in your imagination, do you have something to add for yourself? Then this cd is highly recommended. I have played it in the dark. Loud. Letting the sounds flow around me and those magnificent basses go through me. Sprook gives me a change to use my own imagination. Something most modern music does not give you the opportunΧΧity to.

Banco de Gaia - Last Train to Lhasa

I'm thinking perhaps 95 wasn't the year of St. Simon after all.. :)

612241[/snapback]

oh you're in the soft mood...

try William Orbit - Water From A Vine Leaf

:)