What music are you listening to right now?

Sputum Rotgut

listening to the new IM album

https://www.discogs.com/Infected-Mushroom-More-Than-Just-A-Name/release/15327777

and it sounds terrible. full with disharmonic melodies and break beats all the time. and the singing is just aweful. lucky this time its not so overfilled with it.

maybe 30% of the music sounds nice and you think oh cool this sounds somehow like the good old stuff from IM .... but then again some weird disruption comes in.

i dont know.....i just miss the beautiful old infected sound...this one is more like i dont know...daft punk with a stronger beat.

also the vinyl pressing sounds weak and low, artwork very cheesy. imho 2/5

1 hour ago, psyhoe said:

https://www.discogs.com/Infected-Mushroom-More-Than-Just-A-Name/release/15327777

and it sounds terrible. full with disharmonic melodies and break beats all the time. and the singing is just aweful. lucky this time its not so overfilled with it.

maybe 30% of the music sounds nice and you think oh cool this sounds somehow like the good old stuff from IM .... but then again some weird disruption comes in.

i dont know.....i just miss the beautiful old infected sound...this one is more like i dont know...daft punk with a stronger beat.

I agree, the 2 minute full on buildups in some tracks didn't help either. 

2 hours ago, psyhoe said:

Ahhh much better...

DSC_0600.jpg

Yeah Return of The Shadows was a proper take on the darker psytrance by these guys, a direction I think they should've explored more. From my recollection I can only remember one other track which was also in this darker vein, the track Classical Mushroom on IsrAliens 2: Bizarro. Perhaps released on other compilations or EP as well? Mush Mushi might've been a bit darker as well, I can't quite remember I need to take a listen again.

I still remember vividly how new and groundbreaking Montoya Remix felt when it was featured on Destination Goa I think. And before that Where Is S also had something unique sounding about it at the time, although not as fully developed as their tracks on The Gathering.

4 hours ago, psyhoe said:

So are you a collector of some kind (perhaps only some artists)... just wondering why one would buy any newer IM releases. Perhaps you liked the albums before ? I could not find much at all to like, there were some good ideas and teh track starts ok, then gets ruined by some annoying element(s).
For me this sounds like a kind of childrens music, and do not get me wrong there is nice children music out there (if IM belongs to it is debatable)

Another one, always them high pitched annoying sounds and those vox arg

49 minutes ago, Multi-Media said:

So are you a collector of some kind (perhaps only some artists)... just wondering why one would buy any newer IM releases. Perhaps you liked the albums before ? I could not find much at all to like, there were some good ideas and teh track starts ok, then gets ruined by some annoying element(s).
For me this sounds like a kind of childrens music, and do not get me wrong there is nice children music out there (if IM belongs to it is debatable)

Another one, always them high pitched annoying sounds and those vox arg

Well the thing with IM has always been, that they usually have atleast one interesting track per album, sometimes more as on their more experimental Converting Vegetarians albums, and although I also kinda gave up on them long ago, they ocassionally come up with something surprising, as the Coverting Vegetarians II album a couple of years ago. This latest album however didn't have any tracks for me. I guess their target audience is not the psynews one anymore. :) Or perhaps it is? Because I don't think the EDM crowd/TikTok-generation that might attend their concerts now buys vinyl? :D That's clearly something they printed with Psyhoe in mind. 

Also I think a lot of people, me included are curious just to see what weird step their music might take next, since they've been active for so many years now. It always used to be a thing to hear what Erez had cooked up since he always was a real studio wiz. Unfortunately their musical direction has departed quite far away from what I think most people around here atleast liked about their music. And that's fine too, I guess them becoming more of a rock band at one point was perhaps just them going back to how they began with music in the first place. They always seemed more inspired by Jordan Rudess/Dream Theater/Progressive Rock anyways even in the beginning.

However I've heard some pretty OK remixes of their old tracks in their livesets on youtube, so they probably will release something like that at some point, which could be interesting (unless they mess it up completely with vocals/glitch overdose/3 min buildups). :P

I always liked their instrumental more experimental tracks, which they used to have one per album. Dancing With Kadaffi, Elation Station, The Messenger etc.

13 hours ago, psyhoe said:

What did you think of this cover art? I really liked it:

A50393B0-089B-4038-A31A-6EEA56EBFCF7.jpeg

And these as well:

CD3C268F-EFD1-4062-96CF-261ECC8DA5F9.jpeg

CA234B0B-3AD2-40C2-9A4A-8B55636FE915.jpeg