What music are you listening to right now?

Sputum Rotgut

On 4/22/2020 at 8:49 PM, Tsotsi said:

Roger that, hitting this up before the new Maan release this year.

~

@Bartzabel have you listened to 'We Lost The Sea' their 'Departure Songs' album brings me all sorts of feeling Everytime I hear it. This is still the only rock album I've listened to in my life.

https://welostthesea.bandcamp.com/album/departure-songs

I'm guessing you're all over this already, if so I'd take recommendations on anything similar... It seems like opeth could be close.

Hi thanks for that. Hadn't heard of them but having listened a bit am tempted to grab a vinyl or two.

its a bits lighter  than my general listening but within the metal realms I'd suggest checking out:

Atra Vetosus 

Bathory the Nordland albums 

Borknagar Their last three albums are amazing. 

Caligula's Horse

Esoteric 

Green Carnation 

Solstafir 

Swallow The Sun 

Vanum

Wiegedood 

Hopefully some of those fit the bill. Esoteric can be a bit of a strain, especially doom metal with tracks going 15 minutes or more.

Swallow The Sun put out  a three part album called "Songs From The North I, II & III". I bought the vinyl box set, it covers quite a few genres but it's a massive listen totaling 2.5 hours. I thing it's one of the most beautiful metal pieces ever made, even including some folk style songs. 

Enjoy!!

Possibly one of the most beautiful folk/acoustic albums I've ever heard. Most their music is above average atmospheric black metal but this albums has been one of my absolute gems & the vinyl sounds amazing. 

1BF253C7-6EF1-4CEF-B040-274C78FE4535.jpeg

1 hour ago, astralprojection said:

modern psytrance, with tons of techno vibes and also without a doubt several hallucinogen influences too ^^ specifically gamma goblins. really great stuff from captain hook, is there a topic on him here?

he's the guy who brought dubstep into "psy"trance when that was modern and he's now riding on the futureprog wave. so most of his music is commercial stop-and-go stuff (using all the stuff in loud's "why psytrance has become shit" video). this one is decent purely because of gamma goblins :)

we don't have a thread on him because the "typical" captain hook track is something like this:

at least music like that is what he played the two times when on the lineup among better artists at parties i've been to.

• Haha 1

wtf is this? is it still psy? penta is usually darkpsy, but there's a bit of progressive, suomi, a little electro house or maybe even hardstyle in there? somehow it's too commercial for me, somehow it's too noisy for me, somehow it's too weird for me. but i can't stop listening.

9 hours ago, Padmapani said:

wtf is this? is it still psy? penta is usually darkpsy, but there's a bit of progressive, suomi, a little electro house or maybe even hardstyle in there? somehow it's too commercial for me, somehow it's too noisy for me, somehow it's too weird for me. but i can't stop listening.

That's a good sign, abandon logic. :) Sometimes we tend to over-analyze way too much, so that it becomes a hindrance to enjoyment. The idea that we shouldn't enjoy certain styles/genres, for whatever reason is our own preconception playing a trick on us, as long as it grooves and grabs your attention, it does something right I guess. That should be further explored. :) I find myself very often even skipping tracks on compilations, because "that artist shouldn't be able to make something I like" which is such a bad habit, I miss out on lots of great tracks because of that, but I'm working on it. :D