What music are you listening to right now?

Sputum Rotgut

Not goa, but something new:

... giving birth to the idea in my head: mixing goatrance and synthwave -> this could be good srsly

first track could easily be psychill if you just lower the tempo ... 25% slower is probably already too much though :P 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

im listening to Alien Project - Midnight Sun, one of my favorite "generic" psytrance tracks. :)

it sounds very similar and close in sound to that of Wizzy Noise and GMS from that same time.

at around 4:15 is when the goodness kicks in. I got a chance to see him live once but I dont remember much <_<

On 1/3/2020 at 6:02 AM, JISNEGRO said:

(Sasha & John Digweed NYE 2002)

Classic set!

Indeed. I think I downloaded it almost brand new from...Audiogalaxy? Soulseek? Anyway, that was also the time when I started to get quite disillusioned with the direction psytrance was taking, thus I was buying a lot of house instead. That set was possibly the place where I learnt about Jeff Bennett and started collecting his releases. I still have those. We were spinning those and a lot of similar sound at the club room back then. Good stuff, good times.

And yes, I still have that ancient mp3 copy of the set too and it's somewhere on the playlist. Very smooth and non-distracting music for getting some work done. :)

Right now I'm not listening to anything, but I've been browsing a lot of old and new disco releases recently. About time to place another order, I think...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Recently bought all the Suntrip releases from 2019 & 2020. Currently BOTFB album.

It's pretty good, but I feel like the tracks meander with no real direction. I know it's his style but it gets quite repetitive.

Actually if anything It's making me crave a listen to Tim Schuldts early work that had this darker/spooky vibe but actually took it somewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...