Ozric Tentacles

Ktrance

Hola

I spent sometime in the second hand record stores today, and I stumpled over Ozric tentacles - pyramidion(among others).

Now Im listening to it right now, and I must say its definetly interresting. So I checked them on discogs and saw they released about a billion records.

Can anyone recommend some of these? Perhaps with a few words as to why.

Thanks

Guest Astro Cortex

My recommendation would be to get all of them, they're all masterpieces :)

OK, having said that, for a start you should definitely ckeck out:

Afterswish: It's a compilation of tracks from their first 6 albums, which were initially recorded on tape during the mid/late 80s. If you like that early Ozrics sound you should get the full albums as well, they were reissued as 3x2CDs in 1994 I think.

Erpland: from 1990, great variation on this one, as it has 12 tracks (most of their later albums consist of only 8 tracks or less)

Arborescence: one of my personal faves

Waterfall Cities: another favourite, and the best example of their more recent material

enjoy :D

soon you'll find their whole discography in this topic recommended

Hehe I was beginning to have the same thought myself :)

Well lets change the question then: Recommend ONE cd from them please, and yes a line or two about why would be nice..

Thanks

Erpland - probably the best older album, back when the Eat Static guys were still part of the band. Less electronic, very space-rock, but unbelievably creative.

Waterfall Cities - best of their newer output, more trancey, very polished.

Guest eleria

This is completely off-topic, but I have a question: FrozenRealm you are Erzo in the Audioscrobbler, aren't you!? And why haven't you joined the psynes group then? <_<

You can do that here :)

This is a band I really love. Some favourite releases:

Erpland, Arborescence, Strangeitude, Pungent Effulgent, Jurassic Shift

Erpland might be their strongest work, but the other ones are very interesting too. If you wanna know where their sound came from check out the firsts albums of a 70's band called Gong, specially the album 'You'. They are their musical parents and really rox.

If you like Ozrics sound, check out Hydria Spacefolk - Symbiosis. That album is just great and its in the vein of Ozrics. It was released in 2002 I think. :huh:

Well thanks again guys, I went for Erpland and waterfall cities for a start.

If these are as good as I expect then I'll probably get them all. It is ridicoulus how cheap they are on amazon if you dont need the original version/first print.

Gracias

i have about 10 ozric albums.get instantly the following two albums:

1.pungent effulgent

2.erpland

get these cause this is just mystical,mind triggering music full of essence and psychedelia.the best ozric albums for me.mushroom warmth at its best! :D

yeah, from what ive heard, erpland and waterfall cities seem to be the favorites... i think they have 19 full lenght studio albums by now, and like 10 more eps/live/comps or somethin. ive onlt got 3 albums since waterfalls, but i heard theyve been more on the electronic style since the late 90s... wich is cool, even tho they can do it just as good in their older rock style, so, whatever

Ozrics come and play live once a year at our local Lesure centre !!! Great show - altough the line up seems to be different every time !! he eh !!

Always a fantastic evening.

If any one is new to this stuff get pungent effluent first ....... :)

WOW! So much positive feedback on Ozric Tentacles.... :)

And Hallucinogen has mentioned them as one of his major influences on several occasions. Never heard this stuff before. :huh:<_<

Is it really as good or even better than the masterful Hallucinogen and Shpongle? :rolleyes:

i once had a quite impressive collection of vinyls of all kinds. about three years ago, on a party i gave them all way for free (to some lucky bastards), because i didn't want to be burdened by owning so many things. i only kept about 20 records (my all time favorites).

among them are two records by the tentacles. they truly are amazing.

those records are:

- strangeitude

- pungent effulgent

highly recommended!

This is completely off-topic, but I have a question: FrozenRealm you are Erzo in the Audioscrobbler, aren't you!? And why haven't you joined the psynes group then?  <_< 

You can do that here  :)

236972[/snapback]

:lol: Afaik his Winamp doesn't work with his plug-in no more, but I am a member of it though :)

Once after listening for about 6 or more albums (Swirly Termination, Pyramidion, The Hidden Step & Become The Other were definitely among them) I chose only Strangeitude (the track "Sploosh!" is a classics to me) & Curious Corn... Less rock, more ambient :)!

Guest Astro Cortex

Yay, Sultana Detrii is one of the most beautiful Ozric tracks ever. The first half is just PERFECT dub wizardry. And yeah, that bassline is indeed awesome :D