V/A - Mushy Mystery

healium

Got this compil recently and wish I'd bought something else, not my cup of tea at all...

All tracks are in the same style - dark, relentless, scary-style stuff with few melodies and crowded soundstage...

The cover art is a perfect match for the music..

The tracks aren't really progressive and certainly not minimal, just a pounding beat with sound effects over the top - all sound effects are similar - moogy sqweaky bizzare sounds, very little about this is harmonious or catchy in any way...

The tracks could use breaks also, they're all just so relentless and monotone...

I don't understand the hype about Derango either...

Some people may like/love this compil however so don't be turned off it just because I don't like it, but I'd definately listen to some samples b4 you buy it...

Got this compil recently and wish I'd bought something else, not my cup of tea at all...

All tracks are in the same style - dark, relentless, scary-style stuff with few melodies and crowded soundstage...

The tracks aren't really progressive and certainly not minimal, just a pounding beat with sound effects over the top - all sound effects are similar - moogy sqweaky bizzare sounds, very little about this is harmonious or catchy in any way...

The tracks could use breaks also, they're all just so relentless and monotone...

Some people may like/love this compil however so don't be turned off it just because I don't like it, but I'd definately listen to some samples b4 you buy it...

236255[/snapback]

What did you expect? Progressive??? Nizhonot? Cheezy Fullon??? Minimal???

The tracklist should be clear -> Only strong psychedelics. For sure nothing minimal & progressive and no cheese at all :D

236255[/snapback]

HaHa thats funny

This is my review to the 3rd release of Trishula Records..For me this CD is the best that come from this lable.

Track List :

01. Megalopsy - Intro

02. Mubali - Shake Lasta

03. Dejan Vs Shenz - Heu2

04. Dronebixie - Zo Moth

05. Derango - Implosions (Final)

06. Kemic-Al - Xifajk (Little Devil)

07. Derango - Mushy Mystery

08. Savage Scream - Freak Show (Evilcore Edit)

09. Psyfactor - Spawn Of Satan

10. DarkPsy - Elastik Darkness (2nd Version)

11. Megalopsy - Outro

Now lets get deeper :

1. Megalopsy start with 1:24 minutes intro get you for a mystirious ride and fully of sounds.

2. Mubali the SF freak start with the first track here,Powerfull track all the way with strong leads check the sweet break from 5:54 the become very weird and connect to the build up,after the build the track loose and

explode to a power tune until the end.Must say that it's the best Mubali track I heard..He will release an album On Trishula this year.

3.It's time now for Franch power..Dejan and Shenz meeting for making a track here..The real psycho part start in 1:32 full power brillent work on the sound there..Its a fast track but not sounding like a fastone..Great work on the level produce and the general sounds.

4. Christian with is second release also on Trishula..Is track start with a take off then a powerfull kick bassline mix Dronebixie dont need intro to make a fast gritty and psychedelic track this track will burn forest all around only one complanning is that track is to short,but in general this track is great Dronebixie is the next best thing.

5. Derango the kings of psy weird music is coming now.And this one is not less from thier psycho tracks fully with scratching sounds and FX fast mystirious powerfull anything that put Derango on the first place

of best psy artists imo..Check 3:26 what a groovy bassline with alot of noises that they bring from the forest what a great track! One

of my favorites.

6. Kemic Al the first Malta psy artists is now playing.One of the fastest tunes here powerfull this track is driping from Kemic Al sounds and uniq Fx. Great lines on this track,I dont think this track is little devil.When Kemic Al play it he is huge devil.

7. Another kings music now the name of the CD..Start with digital noises with low kick until 1:14 its become a powerfull creature hard kick..In 3:38 there is a great lead that is fully with psychedelic effects another track to

destroy pepole brains.

8. HAHAHA..Mizuki now with the fast track I heard in my life [158bpm] start with monsters talking and some whiping noises a huge fast bassline and kicks!!!!... What a scary sample in 1:29..All breaking losse and exploding your mind the track is full of monster noises,and scary FX..Mizuki will take you to the edge of psychedelic music fast,scary..It will give you to a really bad trip.

9. Dimitri is here!.A scary pads intro until 1:04..What a hardcore kick and a fat bassline the pads in the backround are scary as shit!!..Full of hiats spooky leads great breaks and another monsters samples in here!!..My favorite track from Psyfactor..He also will release an album on Trishula.

10. The last psy track here is from Johanatn from Portugal..This is the slowest track here [145bpm].I really love the intro with the kick without the bassline its set you to a trip with good sounds..In 1:06 the bassline is enter and I really dig the bassline..I really love his produce level and is affort to work on the general of the track and we can see this.

11. After beeing in outer space triping flying Megalopsy 5 minutes outro let you wake up and land on earth again..Kinda break beat track with twisted and dark sounds by the 3 guys from Argentina..

Genral review : I really loved everything that come from Trishula but this CD is right on my taste fast acid driving psychedelia!..The cover is great one scary like the music inside!! The mastering is amazing from Tim Schuldt really give the tracks more spice!! Another fine release from this german lable!! Keep up Thomas and Mouka.

it seems like i have to check this out, but someone is called DarkPsy !? :lol:

it seems like i have to check this out, but someone is called DarkPsy !? :lol:

238552[/snapback]

DarkPsy was freakishly good live last summer. His chosen artist name could certainly be questioned, but the music he played got me jumping up and down in a bizarre fashion. :blink:

Personally i really like this comp. But i like this style. Everything that Healuim wrote, I feel the exact opposite. Dark, relentless, more please! each to their own. Maybe a check of the tracklist would have been a good idea, I mean Derango, Mubali, Psyfactor, Savage Scream, Dronebixie. What the fuck did u expect??

As Gnome said thats funny. No. Thats not funny, thats fuckin' funny.

Those who have a clue about this style will love this. And please no pissy 'dark psy' comparisons. Quite frankly this whole 'lets lump it all in one basket cause I've only bought 6 cd's' shit is getting boring.

Dark psy, fukin' evil psy is as useless a term as full on. Its all music. Not all Goa is the ducks nuts either.

Absolutely massive cheers out to Trishula and all crews involved in this comp.

This seriously floats my boat. Mushy Mystery...... :lol:

Evil, Horror Psy is an emotional kind of music.

Fear is an emotion as well, right?

Anyway:Just a question, it's better than Ignis Fatuus?

Keep walking Trishula and please stay underground ;)

Evil, Horror Psy is an emotional kind of music.

Fear is an emotion as well, right?

Anyway:Just a question, it's better than Ignis Fatuus?

Keep walking Trishula and please stay underground  ;)

238657[/snapback]

it is way better than ignis fatuus !!!!

I should have checked the tracklist better - I thought this was mixed by Astrix though, but it looks like I got the wrong information...

I'm glad to know some people like this sort of thing anyhow, hopefully this sells well for Trishula...

I just bought it and I'm listening to it at this moment :)

Playing in random order I can say that it's scary shit!!!

Till now no Derango tracks (I guess my player keeps them for the end ;) )

Savage Scream track although is very fast it's ...Jesus Christ...INSANE!!!

Yep, I can say that it's much better than Ignis Fatuus! Great so far!

Now Playing:DarkPsy-Elastik Darkness (Simple name but what a track!)

Hello all,

thank you very much for the comments and the review.

Stay tuned for our next release, the Psyfactor album is in production.

241457[/snapback]

Psyfactor rox!!!!! 1 of my favs Russian Unique dark& twisted style cant wait :ph34r: !!! :o

Respect!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

V/A – Mushy Mystery

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Mush Mystery

Format: CD (jewel case)

Label: Trishula Records (Germany)

Cat. #: TRISHCD003

Distribution: Arabesque

Date: 7 March 2005

Track listing:

01. 01’24” Megalopsy - Intro

02. 08’53” Mubali – Shake Lasta

03. 07’28” Dejan & Shenz – Heu2

04. 06’12” Dronebixie – Zo Moth

05. 07’31” Derango – Implosions (Final)

06. 08’07” Kemic-Al – Xifajk (Little Devil)

07. 07’56” Derango – Mushy Mystery

08. 09’21” Savage Scream – Freakshow (Evilcore Edit)

09. 07’05” Psyfactor – Spawn Of Satan

10. 07’05” Darkpsy – Elastik Darkness (2nd Version)

11. 05’41” Megalopsy - Outro

Review:

Night crawlers…

Trishula Records from Germany headed by Rudra is out with their 3rd instalment… I thoroughly enjoyed the debut compilation Ignis Fatuus and the deeply original debut album The Abstract Machine by Megalopsy… Trishula has found its own distinct musical direction in releasing high quality dark, deep Halloween trance – and by the look of the tracklist here, this could be the darkest yet… Let’s find out…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Megalopsy – Intro

Kicking things in gear is the Argentinean trio consisting of Alejandro Santander, Matias Benamo, Nicolas Dibernardo… Trishula recently graced us with their very innovative debut album The Abstract Machine … This intro track here, is way too short for any kinda of review though…

#02: Mubali – Shake Lasta

Mubali is Greg Farley from the US and he had a track on the darkpsy compilation Lhiannon Sidhe – and he’s releasing his debut album on Trishula soon… This is my first encounter with his music though… The rules are laid down right from the intro – this is going to be deep, dark and disturbing… Gritty, noisy industrial soundscapes makes out the base of this track, whilst a dark, repetitive, blunt bassline takes care of the rest… Added to the mix is a bunch of twirling acid-lines causing havoc ~ and the occasional headache I’m sure… This track is very focussed – and driving, but there seems to be lacking something vital to really lift it from its bottomless pit of despair… The last couple of minutes are clearly the best when the track seems to finally find its focus… Ok track!

#03: Dejan & Shenz – Heu2

“After I'm gone, your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence... As one of my satellites! And that's how it's going to be!” Dejan is Dejan Mihailovic has had a few tracks released on Nabi Records. Shenz is Pin Cyril, and I’ve not heard any of his stuff before… Anyway, these two Frenchmen continue in the same vein as before… This is ultra-dark hyper-trance for the darkest hours of the night… This sounds less gritty though and much more psychedelic… The vast amount of flaring acid-squelches is right up my alley, and generally this track is twisted enough to keep me interested… Also the atmosphere in this track is very atmospheric – haunting really! I also dig the many twists here – one minute it’s totally stripped down to the bone – almost minimal… The next minute it’s full-blown evil psychedelic night-trance… Nice!

#04: Dronebixie – Zo Moth

Christian Kaas from Denmark impressed me greatly with his horror-track on the first Trishula compilation Ignis Fatuus… This track is equally dark and downright mean! After the initial raw sounds to kick things in motion, the track settles on a dark, twisted path… Scobbah described it as trippy, playful and funky – and that’s a pretty good description… This is something as rare as funky horror-trance! Tasty!

#05: Derango – Implosions (Final)

“You know I have an idea we have landed in something very sticky and disco!” Derango is two Swedish guys (Jens Eriksson & Ola Eriksson) – I remember their very unique style from both the Schizm compilation released by Gi'iwa Productions and their track on the Ignis Fatuus compilation… Both tracks had a very distinct Swedish forest-mushroom induced sound – highly original, and deeply psychedelic! And so is this track… Jimini Cricket – this is the shiznitz! Awesome track!

#06: Kemic-Al – Xifajk (Little Devil)

It’s no secret that I was absolutely blown away by Kemic-Al’s debut album Twisted Parameters released on Butterfly Records in January 2005… Aldo from Malta portrayed some amazing skills on that album, so obviously I’m excited about this track too… This is a darkish track, with a blunt, repetitive beat… Kinda stripped really – reminiscent of the first couple of tracks from the debut album… Although it’s extremely dark, the psychedelia is still running thick in this track – and that’s rare with dark psy I think… Very trippy track!

#07: Derango – Mushy Mystery

The title track is the second appearance by the Swedish duo consisting of Jens Eriksson & Ola Eriksson… The first track was awesome, and this is almost as good… Again it’s highly unstructured, complex, multilayered stuff… The atmosphere is super-trippy and haunting at times... This is Finnish vodka – spiked with Swedish mushrooms… And the outcome is deeply demented and highly psychedelic! Kick-ass!

#08: Savage Scream – Freakshow (Evilcore Edit)

Fasten your seatbelts! Savage Scream is Mizuki Nishihata from Japan… Besides this track, he also had a bunch of tracks on the Nabi compilation Run Motherfucker, Run… This is an insanely fast track [158 BPM] ~ approaching the not-fun-anymore factor… But despite the galloping bassline, Mizuki still has enough sense to add some twisted, trippy FX into the mix which helps a little… But this track is still a little too fast for my liking… And frankly, I don’t really find it as evil as the title suggests… Decent track!

#09: Psyfactor – Spawn Of Satan

Psyfactor is Dimitri Korablin from Russia – where else? Russia has a long tradition for extremely dark, demented psytrance and they were among the innovators of this sub-genre… I liked the demonic track Dimitri had on Ignis Fatuus and this is qually good. As the title suggest, this is spooky, nightmare trance best enjoyed in deep, dark dungeons… The intro is subtle and eerie, and the bassline truly sounds like something Beelzebub conjured himself… This is right up there with Xenomorph – wikkid evil stuff!

#10: Darkpsy – Elastik Darkness (2nd Version)

The last full length track here is by Darkpsy (Jonathan Molinari) from Portugal… Again it’s ultra-dark as the name implies and there is an overall bubbling, dark groove present here which I really enjoy… It’s dark and pumping, but still very vibrant and psychedelic with floating, atmospheric pads… A nice combo for sure! Sweet track!

#11: Megalopsy – Outro

The gauchos Alejandro, Matias and Nicolas are back for the outro track... This is experimental downtempo stuff – kinda like the transition parts of the album The Abstract Machine… It’s pretty creepy, but still nice for chilling out a little after this intense listening experience… ;o)

Trishula has done it again… Released another high-quality gem in the deep, dark demented hyper-trance category… This is even darker than Ignis Fatuus and the Megalopsy album – to be played during the darkest hours of the night… It’s raw, sick, evil, twisted night-trance – definitely not for the fainthearted… It requires decent audio set-up and is designed to scare friends, lovers and family… If you don’t want to scare people off, I recommend listening to this in headphones for an enhanced listening experience…

There are loads of very cool tracks here – more than enough to validate a purchase! I will not hesitate to recommend this compilation to fans of hard-hitting, nocturnal, dark psytrance… But beware – there is some evil stuff on here… Eeeeeeeevil! Full-on buffs and proggers should avoid this at all costs, but horror-freaks and other deviants will appreciate this immensely! Enjoy!

Favourites: 3, 4, 5(!!), 6, 7, 9, 10(!)

DeathPosture

Posted Image

External links:

Trishula Records: http://www.trishula-records.com

Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/8yk2y

Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/8g6gz

Trance Shop: http://tinyurl.com/9omjm

Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/7cntp

Discobole: http://tinyurl.com/88tpq

Cisco: http://tinyurl.com/bcxsd

Wakyo: http://tinyurl.com/c86oe

Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/by2pp

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

yeah this is a great compilation... this once and the Crazy Goblins one are two of th ebest dark psy compilations around!

• 15 years later...