One of the records i got in the mail today!

Dj-Emotion

One of the records(well, album really) i got in the mail today was COSMOSIS - SYNERGY

I was completely blown away and defragmatized!!!

Man bilbo was on top of his game with this one......every single song on there rocks like a prostitute on meth. I can't say enough good things about this album.....synths blaring and fireing on all cylinders!!! Anybody else have this masterpiece!? What are you're opinoins?!

eh.. it's good, but not great. i listened to it three times (which is three times more than i listen to 99.9% of everything else) but then it started getting kinda repetitive. though, again, it's a good cd. just not as good as it could be.

ah well.

I agree... I loved this album and played it to death when it was fresh for me.

The apple represents the forbiddin fruit, the ultimate sin...

Big Bang Boogie has the Swedish Chef theme in it (or something from the muppets, right). What's not to love?!?!

Dj-Emotion: no offense but are you living in a cave somewhere? You talk like you're in spacewarp where it's 1997... you spin vinyls, think that the best releases are from TIP, you just recieved Cosmosis - Synergy in the mail, etc...

Dj-Emotion: no offense but are you living in a cave somewhere? You talk like you're in spacewarp where it's 1997... you spin vinyls, think that the best releases are from TIP, you just recieved Cosmosis - Synergy in the mail, etc...

235868[/snapback]

Yeah, he fits perfectly in with the rest of us, drop the vinyls though. :)

I reviewed that one in dutch and I liked it too but also find cosmology better...

still I understand your euphorial feeling... :)

those are very pumping basslines consedering the released year and it is goatrance but you can notice the light change to psychedelic trance already... they don't built up maximum waves but just go little psy wave in & out...

I like it, it's very motivating, I rated it 7/10...

only the guitar track number 7 I didn't like

& the third track is my favourite

Spores from space : that 303 goa sound climax is insane and forever... just the way I like :D

Guest Astro Cortex

235868[/snapback]

What's wrong with still discovering the "good old" classics? Synergy blew me away the same way when I got it back in '99, and nowadays I don't give a sh*t about 99% of new releases in the psy scene. Yeah, it definitely feels much better in spacewarp where it's somewhere in the mid 90s B)

cosmology is much better , really much better...

235892[/snapback]

Cosmology is better. ;)

235868[/snapback]

Welcome to the twilight zone.

WTF Jon Cocco, only 3 words..  :blink:  Are you sick?  ;)

235936[/snapback]

Well I am getting over a cold. Really, and when I wrote that, I simply realized that I agreed with AmithabaBudda and the point of me not saying more was exactly that; to count me in also with those that believe his first album is better... because, ahhh.. key word here, because; ... because its not only the first and most innovative of the five Cosmosis albums, but because it has these great, layered old-skool melodies that aren't on Synergy to this extent; in this style.

It was recently said that Cosmology is goatrance and Synergy is psytrance, and while both are obviously psychedelic, I now can really distinguish the two. I actually heard both for the first time last year, Synergy before Cosmology, and I unquestionably felt that Cosmology was more engaging, at least the layers of melodies really did it for me, and some songs are so great to this day; the whole album is a classic. Synergy I felt is really good or great too, and I can see it being a classic too. I find it interesting because with most artists, it usually seems their second release is much better according to the majority (AP, MFG, IM) a second album usually improves upon the first and impresses, matures, now that the artist is more acccustomed to putting an album together; certain things just flow better, but Synergy is only better if you want psytrance and not goatrance, and while some tracks are loaded with layers, its just so different from the first, but its fine. I mean, its not easy trying to improve upon a near perfect thing. :)

If Cosmology is basically an A-, I'd give Synergy a B+, even thnough it was just good for me, I'm looking at it for the time it came out and comparing it to all the other Cosmosis albums.

So that would make Contact around a B-; I never heard the third album. How is it?

235868[/snapback]

I didn't say i think that this is the best TIP release :rolleyes: ......this album is only one of my favorites now.....and the mid 90's sound is what I'm into and what I like to play. I also like a lot of the psy trance out now too...Alien Project, Space Cat, Infected, new Astral, Logic Bomb.....but the older sound is what i prefer.......AND yes i am a vinyl purist!.....I will never give up the vinyls for CD's, now that doesn't mean that other people shouldn't use CDj's, they're just not for me......

DJ Emotion

eh.. it's good, but not great. i listened to it three times (which is three times more than i listen to 99.9% of everything else) but then it started getting kinda repetitive. though, again, it's a good cd. just not as good as it could be.

ah well.

235852[/snapback]

ehh..

I assumed he was talking about Cosmosis - Trancendance, since that one just came out... :rolleyes: so all that I said applies to Trancendance.

Synergy is an excellent album indeed.

eh.. hehehe

Cosmology is better.  ;)

235934[/snapback]

:D yés indeed for the first time in my life I don't need to lay down 5 minutes after reading your post reply :P;)