so where do you guys listen to music?

here at my computer I got a logitech 5:1 system ... it's very sweet for $100 :)

in my room I got a HK amplifier and 4 small mission speakers ... nothing spectacular but it's enough for me.

bad thing is my room is in the basement with concrete walls/roof so the bass is out of this world, need to turn it down as much as possible or I hardly can hear the music for it. the whole room works as a subwoofer so that kinda sucks.

here at my computer I got a logitech 5:1 system ... it's very sweet for $100 :)

in my room I got a HK amplifier and 4 small mission speakers ... nothing spectacular but it's enough for me.

bad thing is my room is in the basement with concrete walls/roof so the bass is out of this world, need to turn it down as much as possible or I hardly can hear the music for it. the whole room works as a subwoofer so that kinda sucks.

235119[/snapback]

Hey that's easily resolved get all kinds of blankets and rugs you can find, if they are ugly hang some kind of Mandala cover over it. That's the cheapest way to cover walls and it works pretty good. For the corners get some (bed)foam.

I got my comupter hooked up with the stereo (NAD amplifier and Dali speakers). I couldn't ever enjoy this music with some crappy computer speakers. Once in a while I put in a CD just to get those extra frequencies ;)

I've got 3 places to listen to music...

at my living room with good stereo and perfect B&W speakers...

at my computer... good stereo set but typical hi fi...

at my basement.... where I mix, a hifi stereo with two more B&W speakers...

let's say I'm happy :)

B & W makes some pretty shitty low-end speakers too (well maybe not for the price, but shitty for my standards), but I had the pleasure of listening to their 801 model once and after that, nothing is good enough =( Although I have yet to listen to the top-end Focal-JMLab speakers - in general I am more attracted to the JMLab sound that that of B&W, although they're both very neutral and precise brands.

I have a pair of JMLab Cobalt 806 speakers on Atakama stands, driven by a NAD C370 amp (yeah, total overkill =) and currently an old Onkyo CD player that I hope to replace with a Pioneer DV-668 (for SACD and DVD-Audio support) soon-ish. I sometimes wish I had saved up for the Elektra 906 speakers instead, but I bought the amp and some DJ gear at the same time, so it was pricey enough anyway (spending 3500 euro in one go).

Oh, and I use Linn signal cables (can't recall the model, but they were pricey =) and Supra Ply 3.4/S speaker cables.

My DJ gear is one Technics 1210 and one shitty Reloop player, both with Ortofon Concorde Silver Pro cartridges. I use a Vestax PMC-270 mixer (later updated to PMC-275) and currently no DJ CD players.

I can strongly recommend the JMLab speakers, from the Cobalt range and up. Lower models are less satisfactory in my opinion. And get good stands, it makes waaay more differance than you'd think. The NAD amp is nice but sometimes I wish it was even more neutral. Arcam has some nice stuff in this price range.

In my living room mostly with this setup:

Harman/Kardon HK 3480 stereo amplifier

Harman/Kardon HD 755 CD-player

Tannoy Fusion speakers

I dunno about you guys, but I like doing "the car test". There's something about the acoustics of driving in your car... Whenever I finish a track, and it sounds good on the monitors, I always do "the car test" right away to see if it sounds cool in that kind of tight space where all panning effects are right in your face.

It's just a little thing I do...

i listen to music on different Hi-Fi's and on my computer as well.

I've been thinking about getting a trancey bedroom like yours, but i didnt know where to start from. What kind of lights might i use to get a nice ambient?, if its possible, a not too expensive solution. Neon lights or? no idea. suggestions welcome

:)