FAX: something like Dreamfish or Qubism

Guest Astro Cortex

Guest Astro Cortex

Well, I'm starting to collect Fax releases at the moment and I wonder if there's anything else in the style of the first Dreamfish album. I have it on CD-R since a couple of years but didn't pay much attention to it until recently that I discovered Qubism (not on Fax but em:t) and noticed that in two of his tracks, Anthropomorphic and Angels in t:me, there is a similar feeling to that of Dreamfish (the latter in particular reminded me of Hymn). I'm talking about ambient with that kind of simple and catchy (but not cheesy of course) melodies, which make it sound very spacey, epic and emotional. I don't know how to describe that particular style any further, but I hope someone has heard at least Dreamfish (Qubism is pretty rare) and can recommend me something similar.

So far I got Psychonavigation 1 and From Within 2 (which I just got today) and they're both stunning albums but they don't exactly fit what I'm asking for here.

Outland 2, Psychonavigation 2 and Silence 1&2 are already on their way and of course I'm trying to get Dreamfish 1 in original as well. There MUST be something else in the vein of that one by Pete Namlook & Co, so please someone help me decide what to get next :)

Well, I don't know about FAX, but I am wondering did you hear about Synaestesia? They have 3 albums, and they make absolutely WOW ambient music, if you like Dreamfish, I am quite sure you will like them...

LoL

:)