2.Computer Error

3.Skynet

4.Positronic

5.Third Planet

6.Deleted

7.Black Mamba

8.Last Nite

9.In The Future

Second album from Samy Guediche aka CPU.After his amazing debut album (best album of 2003 IMO) I was expecting a great,hard metallic Full On release but no…

I’m not going to make a track by track review cause most of the tracks are in the same style and similar.Unfortunately Samy decided to produce some more typical Full On stuff than his previous hard and insane style.All of the tracks are a combination of the typical metallic CPU style with Israeli Full On sounds.I believe that the new CPU sounds more like Sirius Isness,Flexable or Inner Action than CPU.All of the tracks are very noisy with non-stop crazy sounds but a bit unispired.There is no variation between the tracks especially the first five of them.Also the basslines are really simple and typical Full- Onish, too bad cause his first album had some aggressive -Absolum style-bass.

So, what I miss from that cd?First-where is the super aggressive,hard and insane track like Down The Stairs?Second-where is the power and the maximal sounds of Virtual Flirt?Third-where is the beautiful melodies of Haight Street Freak? Where is the well known CPU insanity? Before I close, I’d like to mention one track.Last Nite is the funky track of this album and it has some of the best melodies but there’s a problem…a BIG problem.The sample from the well known track ‘Last Night A DJ Saved My Life’. And it’s not just a 5 seconds sample. I’m talking about singing here. I don’t believe this! CPU track with singing!!! Ok, it’s not like Hypersonic but man, Samy what were you thinking? Why??? 

Overall, still a good album and much,much better than most of the crappy Full On but nothing to do with his debut. 7.5/10

Best:2,3,7

• 2 weeks later...

i love this album, anything by CPU is high quality madness!

however it is a bit TOO noisy, so much noise that it becomes confusing. this would have been better with more progression.

however its still great, but i really love the CPU style of the track "laptop orgy". thats my favorite CPU track, very progressive.

9/10

Just another gay commercial release.

KILLAARRRGGGHHH

241056[/snapback]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as if!

what kind of place would this be considered gay commercial music?

do you live in a dungeon, or torture chamber? hehe

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as if!

what kind of place would this be considered gay commercial music?

do you live in a dungeon, or torture chamber? hehe

241950[/snapback]

i actually like CPU, this album is pretty full on though, a bit TOO crazy at parts, but still i guess its still typical CPU style, mad, fast, aggressive and twisted. very good, but listening to the whole cd from end to end is quite tedious. raping-your-grandmother music

Just another gay commercial release.

241056[/snapback]

Some people are such psy-snobs...

:lol:

Im not a psy-snob,im a gay-commercial-fullon-snob  ;)

243492[/snapback]

Well, I disagree with you here, Gnome. CPU is not Derango but he's still far enough from the neo gay full on sound. Just my opinion of course.

Well, I disagree with you here, Gnome. CPU is not Derango but he's still far enough from the neo gay full on sound. Just my opinion of course.

243836[/snapback]

HeHe im joking Ormy.

I havent heard of the album,i might even like it(which i doubt :P ).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

typical average fullon IMO.

288612[/snapback]

agree,

the sound is ok, but still ... nothing extraordinary

all the tracks are monotonous,

thanks to guitar samples, #6 is more vivid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

wkw47tA.jpg

Artist: CPU

Title: Computer Error

Label: 3D Vision

Date: March, 2005

1. So It Begins
2. Computer Error
3. Skynet
4. Positronic
5. Third Planet
6. Deleted
7. Black Mamba
8. Last Nite
9. In The Future

ipcTthU.gif

"Yeah, no if you want to go there...but do you really wanna get a slice of pizza where the mascot is a giant sweaty rat?"

My wife took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese today. For those that are unfamiliar with this establishment, think of a video arcade with six foot tall animatronic robots, screaming kids with runny noses, and enough flashing lights to give a small town epilepsy. Kids running around clutching tokens and eagerly looking for the next machine to satiate their immediate need. Hold up...I think I just plagiarized Whitney Houston's wedding vows. My bad. Anyway it's like Vegas for people that still sh*t their pants.

Yeah, I'm sorry I'm gonna miss that. Bottom line...there's only one thing to do in that situation.

M5Zrjhk.gif

F*ck. Yeah.

This gives me time to get acquainted with an album that I have always loved. A hi-tech jaunt down memory lane that is second in intensity only to Absolum's Inside the Sphere. It's full power with buckets of acid just raining down in a meteor shower of insanity. I can't comment on what happened to him these days, but back when he had his head screwed on straight he was making crazy tunes with raw power and none of the excrement found in his latest work. Positronic? Black Mamba? Scorching. He drags a bass line through the mud like a two-handed battle axe poised to strike. Heavy in hi-tech just the way I like it.

Now let's be honest here. Listening to this all the way through is a headache waiting to happen. It's loud and noisy with some really great tracks and a few not so great ones. For example Last Night...it's a foreshadowing of the unfortunate direction his music would take.

The good clearly outweighs the bad. So get this album and head on over to Chuck E. Cheese and punch some whiny brats right in the face. It'll do you some good.

And bring back some sh*tty pizza!

Mdk

• Like 1