04. 07’20” Ohm Gnome – Step Away From The Dwarf

05. 08’46” Naked Tourist – Lunatic Asylum

06. 07’30” Wizard Lizard – Dumping Physical Memory

07. 06’27” Kindzadza – Back To The Future

08. 07’22” Irie/Spiralz – Baloo

09. 08’39” Para Halu – Snake It Easy

Review:

Anti-fluff! Anti-cheddar! Anti-Christ!

After last years massive compilation Psychedelically Yours 2 and the smash split album Tits On Fire by Grapes of Wrath/Meteloids, highly acclaimed Danish hyper-trance label Parvati Records is out with their 8th release… This time it’s another compilation, and if it’s only half as good as their previous releases I’m a happy man… Let’s find out…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Jahbo – Audiodidakt [145 BPM]

First up is Jahbo a.k.a. Rølike Jahbo from Denmark who is also one half of Meteloids… I really, really dig his style and so far nothing he’s been involved in has let me down… And yes, I’m happy to inform you, that he does not let me down here either… After two seconds, the gloomy, haunting atmosphere has been established and Jahbo takes us for a fucked-up walk thru eerie forests… The skeleton of this track is made up by rich, phat pads of gritty industrial noise tangled up in deep, dark psychedelia… The title is a play on words, as ‘autodidakt’ means ‘self-taught’ in Danish, and fuck yeah – Jahbo knows his shit… Very cool track!

#02: Phonic Request vs. Akhoa – Early Reflections [146 BPM]

Phonic Request is Wilfried Decaesteker and Akhoa is O.Charpier – both from France… I haven’t heard any of their stuff before, so I didn’t really have any expectations… Though the bpm-range has only increased by 1, it seems like a must faster track… Deeply psychedelic, dark, twisted hyper-trance with just enough acid-lines to keep my ass wiggling… Kinda like Phyx, but with a darker more repetitive edge… I really like the oddball twists and rapid changes in pace this track have… Good experimental stuff!

#03: Insane Behaviour – Fix The Fluff [147 BPM]

“When you smoke that shit everything kind of gets weird, you know what I mean? Dope!…Eight cases where the natural structure of the hexagram makes its inversion ineffective in changing any of the lines” Insane Behaviour kicks things off with a Platoon quote that soon evolves into a Terrance McKenna quote… We’re back in Denmark now with the solo-project from Bo Terkelsen the other half of Meteloids... And Meteloids is just what this sounds like… Dark, distorted, twisted, wriggling underground psy-trance… As anti-fluffy as it gets!

#04: Ohm Gnome – Step Away From The Dwarf [148 BPM]

I thought they were called little people? Bo Terkelsen is also involved in this project along with Jaffa from Grapes of Wrath… Check out the wicked intro to this track – as Dam1on said it really picks you up by the shorts, and after a good old shake-up it dumps you back on the dancefloor… There’s a very unique groove in this track, and as it bounces back and forth it’s very hard not to move… Full power hypnotic night-time trance… I dig!

#05: Naked Tourist – Lunatic Asylum [147 BPM]

“Fantasy is a part of reality. And we take the break. We’re thinking clearly, yet not thinking at all. This feels right. We stop trying to control the drug. This feels right…” Naked Tourist is Z-Neo and Iguana from Germany, and they also had a track on Psychedelically Yours 2… Cool intro with some kid humming – a humming that soon transforms into a massive bassline… Computerized samples and dark, twisted FX makes up the initial part of the track, but it soon turns into a big old mean trance machine… I’m a sucker for acid-lines and this is acid galore! I like the naïve melody in the middle part, and everything after 6’48 is just pure bliss… The funny druggy voice-samples helps add to the overall madness this choon portrays… Aptly named indeed – and indeed brilliant! I’m gonna be all over their debut album coming soon on Parvati Records… Gimme gimme gimme!

#06: Wizard Lizard – Dumping Physical Memory [146 BPM]

This is my first encounter with the creative outlet of Roi Levi & Guy Marciano from Israel, but I know they’ve released tracks on both Doof and Nabi Records… And I’ll be damned if this isn’t another kick-ass track… Again it’s mean-ass, gritty, dirty, super-demented, evil hyper night-psytrance – with too many layers to count… A big phat wall of psychedelia – closing in on you! Reminds me of Kemic-Al – and that’s a sign of quality… I’ll keep my eyes open for these guys in the future ‘cause this is damn good!

#07: Kindzadza – Back To The Future [148 BPM]

“Look, it doesn’t matter who created what – the important thing is…” Kindzadza is Leo Greshilov from Russia, and he’s one of the veterans of darkish psytrance with two released albums and loads of compilation tracks… And holy fuck, this is one mean motherfucking tune… and I mean really mean – Psychodelichesky-mean! It’s an extremely fast-paced, hard-hitting bass-monster… Yikes! It takes a little getting used to, but after repeated listens you’ll learn to appreciate it… As opposed to my fellow reviewer Scobbah, I like the last two minutes here the best – there’s a very infectious groove going on… Good, but not as good as the previous tracks here I’m afraid… But then again, the competition is fierce on compilation, so it’s really nitpicking…

#08: Irie/Spiralz – Baloo [146 BPM]

Irie is Robin Mellgren and Spiralz is C.Granstøm – both from India… Their names don’t sound too Indian, so I have a feeling its exile Swedes in Goa… But screw that, let’s talk about the bare necessities of their track Baloo… This track is a mish-mash, hectic track with cut-up bits and pieces – put back together into a dark, industrial sounding psy-frenzy… It has definite hints to both the weirder side of Finnish and Australian psy-trance… Would’ve fit in perfectly on the Schizm compilation released on Gi’iwa in 2004… It’s a great track, but somehow it’s a little too hectic for the flow on this CD… What kinda shrooms are they on in India? Hook me up!

#09: Para Halu – Snake It Easy [148 BPM]

András Fekete & Adám Hohmann from Hungary lure us into thinking this is a laidback track with the track name and all… But I can assure you it’s not… It may sound like that for the first minute, but it’s a hoax! The track itself has kinda the same spooky, haunting feel as their track on Psychedelically Yours 2… Oh yes, this is Halloween trance complete with distant screams and crows to mess with your emotions… Boo-fucking-hoo! Bittersweet and twisted… And the ending really grabs you by the balls and leaves a lasting impression! A great way to end a truly great hyper-trance compilation!

I love it! Despite the surprise turn the last three tracks take, I’m really, really impressed with this compilation that once and for all should establish Parvati Records as the founding fathers of ultra-hard, hard-hitting, ball-breaking, deeply demented hyper night-trance… There is no fucking around here – this is the real deal…

As with the last two Parvati releases, I do not hesitate to give this my highest recommendation… All fans of the above mentioned style needs this compilation in their collection… Enjoy!

Favourites: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5(!!), 6, 9

DeathPosture

Posted Image

External links:

Parvati Records: http://www.parvati-records.com

Wirikuta: http://kortlink.dk/puz

Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pav/pav1cd008.html

Cisco: http://www.cisco-records.co.jp/cgi/title/t...tail_127322.php

Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=4578

Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/pr....asp?LR=pvrcd08

To be honest I didn't find it great.

It's not bad but I think Parvati has released much better stuff. The problem with PY3 is that most of the tracks are in the same style especially the Meteloids and GOW side projects. Best track from KinDzaDza, better and better every day.7.5/10

I'll listen to it again to be more sure

• 3 weeks later...

Agree! Just think of... 3rd Trip or PY1 .... Maby the production is way better now but hmm nop i exept more..... ;) and yes Kindzadza never desapoint....

Best tracks: Kindzadza & Ohm Gnome 7/10

Ka-BooM

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

To be honest I didn't find it great.

It's not bad but I think Parvati has released much better stuff.

234851[/snapback]

Same here.. Haven't really listened to it for a long a time. I really like Insane Behavior's Fix the Fluff though, but the rest is just pretty basic stuff.