Tarot - Deep Space 9

AmithabaBuddha

Like some people here know , i had to quit on the prewious project "myst" due to copyright issues (it already existed).

I present you my upcoming new project and a new song , this time its a 5 min (almost 6min in fact) listeneable demo avaiable for streaming or download.

Hope everyone enjoys it.

More info is at my main page.

Thanks and feel free to comment.

TAROT

Sounds very tight to me. Maybe a bit muffled but that might be the audio compression. I love the way it builds up, especially the acidline starting at 2:35... Transforms into enchanting Downtempo Goa with lots of atmosphere... instantly felt the magic surrounding this. How do you do it? :)

wow, PURE old-school..

Good to hear something other than the usual fast storming trance :)

keep it up !

Very nice, in fact :)

Actually, what I don't like about modern goa, is the usage of hi-hats (...or how are they called?) I think that it has been a long time since goa legends didn't have modern equiptment, so today something more advanced should be used. Also they sound too primitive in contrast with other sounds and especially with the acid line =)

Secondly, when you go deep with the melody (I mean myself when I'm into music), there are no ambiental sounds, only a bass-line, and if there are, they are too obvious and not that mystical.

That's my point of view. It's obvious that these suggestions were made by me in order to see (change) your music the way I like it.

Good Luck!

Very nice, in fact :)

Actually, what I don't like about modern goa, is the usage of hi-hats (...or how are they called?) I think that it has been a long time since goa legends didn't have modern equiptment, so today something more advanced should be used. Also they sound too primitive in contrast with other sounds and especially with the acid line =)

Secondly, when you go deep with the melody (I mean myself when I'm into music), there are no ambiental sounds, only a bass-line, and if there are, they are too obvious and not that mystical.

That's my point of view. It's obvious that these suggestions were made by me in order to see (change) your music the way I like it.

Good Luck!

235041[/snapback]

hey man thanks for the observation/comment! you´re reffering to the TR909 percussion kit?

Hey AmithabaBuddha,

Yes, very nice. ;) This and the Silk Animal Myst one sounded much better than what I heard before. It seems that you're really improving. I was actually writing this while I was hearing the song thethe first time. I was going to add that the song needs to change at least in the second half and add more layers, because althought its pretty good, it starts to get repetitive, but then the song did change; the kickdrum picked up, the melody changed, the song raises up and revives itself from what I didn't expect. This is a very good thing. I like the melodies, how they flow together and then toward the last two minutes of the song very much. No complains with the melodies. Granted this is just a demo, prototype, or whatever.

Two last things remains:

Production: The kickdrum sounds a bit muffled compared to most other goatrance and psytrance I've heard. I don't mean it sounds too soft or quiet, but rather too deep and muffled. It distracts from the melodies a bit. It should sound more solid, you know?, like the kickdrums on AP, MFG, Cosmosis, just listen to those and then your thing. I'm aware the kickdrum is sometimes distorted, (brought out heavier or lighter for effect) but thats not the case here, as twenty different equalizers couldn't fully fix this one thing. So its simple. Something needs to be corrected with your kickdrum so it compliments the song better.

Name: AmithabaBuddha, may I suggest changing your name, Terot. It reminds me of Terot cards, ya know? Your artist name should compliment you. I realize its all about the music but you want to do everything possible for people to have their attention brought to your music, and thats the point of having a good name, image, character, appeal, so they can take the time to listen to whats inside. Think of names like Hallucinogen, Astral Projection, Cosmosis, Pleiadians, Scatterbrain, etc... so okay those also happen to be great artists, and those names would probably not go over well in a rock, metal, or pop group name, but for goatrance they're great, really intriging sounding! I bet you could come up with a name that people hear and instantly think, "hmmm... now THAT sounds cool. I wonder what that is?" Think about it. If you want you can come up with several and ask feedback, maybe we can give some ideas. And about the name MYST, well I at first thought Myst sounded kinda cool because its short for MYSTERIOUS... but screw that; its based on a freekin video game franchise thats been around for like ten years! So its good to know you've changed your name, and I think you agree that with some time and thought, you can come up with something even better.

In conclusion, I like the last two things I heard and you seem to really be getting the old-skool goatrance thing done right. Of course you have some ways to go before achieving greatness I feel, and you seem to be going in the right dirction. Thanks for the listen. Just figure out that kickdrum thing so it doesn't sound muffled and any other small modifications to improve the production quality, and you have a good song! ;)

AmithabaBuddha, I would think that you have or will soon have enough good tracks for a complete debut goatrance album, maybe by end 2005 or sometime 2006. Is your goal to release a main goatrance album? And are you friends with the guys at Suntrip Records? Maybe you can release it through them when you have at least 8-9 tracks that are really good and complete. Could you briefly state your interest or take on this? Like I'd be interested in hearing a main album from you when the time comes, to see your stuff on psyshop and saikosounds like all the others. Sometimes it helps to begin with a track or two (has to be great to stand above all the others) on a comp to get people talking and anticipating the possiblilites from them being teased with something really kickass.

I like it... I never get bored of the goa sounds but do get bored with the repetitive bassline once and a while...

so this bassline is good with still great goa melodies...

are there already full releases in that direction ???

AmithabaBuddha, I would think that you have or will soon have enough good tracks for a complete debut goatrance album, maybe by end 2005 or sometime 2006. Is your goal to release a main goatrance album? And are you friends with the guys at Suntrip Records? Maybe you can release it through them when you have at least 8-9 tracks that are really good and complete. Could you briefly state your interest or take on this? Like I'd be interested in hearing a main album from you when the time comes, to see your stuff on psyshop and saikosounds like all the others. Sometimes it helps to begin with a track or two (has to be great to stand above all the others) on a comp to get people talking and anticipating the possiblilites from them being teased with something really kickass.

235439[/snapback]

WOW Jon you always suprise me with your rewiews . THANKS!!

Now i will answer to your questions :)

Yes im always working and praticing a lot to make an album. Dont know , if suntrip is interested in my work good , if not ill release it somewhere or even for free who knows?;)

about the artist name well ive got to stick to one name that indentifies me and maybe i will stick to the name i started on the goa adventure , i also composed lots of stuff under it. Lost Buddha its the project name. Sometimes im stupid cause i dont find the names cool , but now im tired. ive gotta stick to one heh. :)