What's everyone's opinion's on.....

Dj-Emotion

The Gathering was IM before they fully blossomed in Classical and especially BP Empire.  BP has to be one of the best psy records ever, it's deep and dancable at the same time.

236064[/snapback]

no way dude. The Gathering is much more psychedelic and intelligent than any other IM album. BP Empire is a commercial album with a couple of good tracks at best.

anyway, no use arguing because I'm right. besides i'm almost twice as old as you are, which makes me almost twice as right. :P

hah

no way dude. The Gathering is much more psychedelic and intelligent than any other IM album. BP Empire is a commercial album with a couple of good tracks at best.

236095[/snapback]

The Gathering is basically IM trying to emulate Hallucinogen. It's good, but not original or perfect. BP Empire, however, was completely original AND immersive. You do the math. ;)

anyway, no use arguing because I'm right. besides i'm almost twice as old as you are, which makes me almost twice as right. :P

hah

236095[/snapback]

Or you could be going senile already. :ph34r:

I knew this B.P. Empire album would open up a whole can of worms. The fact of the matter is I cannot think of one album that sounds anything remotely the same as B.P. Empire. Therefore it is very original and unique bar none. I don't see how it can be classified as "commercial". I think why I love this album so much is cause the sounds they use I have never heard before. That’s what makes it so great. It’s like a whole new style.

I would recommend all people listen to B.P. Empire on a good sound system else you could get the wrong idea about the album. There is some serious deep bass on this album which you will miss out on.

Shit, Dancing with Kadafi let alone is worth buying this album.

Again, just my 2 cents

I knew this B.P. Empire album would open up a whole can of worms.  The fact of the matter is I cannot think of one album that sounds anything remotely the same as B.P. Empire.  Therefore it is very original and unique bar none.  I don't see how it can be classified as "commercial".  I think why I love this album so much is cause the sounds they use I have never heard before.  That’s what makes it so great.  It’s like a whole new style. 

236247[/snapback]

you might want to broaden your horizons if you think BP Empire is "original" and "unique". :ph34r:

If you want something original and unique, try Humanoid, or the Vicious Spiral, or Onnomon, or maybe Derango, Gappeq, some Transdriver, older Jahbo, Neural Compost, Abnormal Project, Ocelot, Squaremeat, Loopus in Fabula, Kiwa, Sensient, Cujorius, etc etc etc.

/me gonna stop being a wise-ass now.

:)

dmtree, please name another album that sounds similar to B.P. Empire and I will consider your thoughts.

Definition of Original and Unique according to Dictionary.com

Original - Not derived from something else; fresh and unusual

Unique - Being the only one of its kind

I think that about sums up B.P. Empire.

That song Cities of the Future is pure shit. I heard it at a party and wanted to puke. It's something I would expect to hear at a regular dance club.... *puke*

I've never been a big IM fan but could at least appreciate their work up to BP Empire. After that... whatever...

This bullshit with lyrics and singing has got to stop.

well it's indeed fullon style but I would also check them out for like 15 min... it's still infected so why not...

you paid anyway  ;)

235593[/snapback]

yeah exactly, Ill check it out when they play, but probably wont stay in the dancefloor for long :)

dmtree, please name another album that sounds similar to B.P. Empire and I will consider your thoughts.

236254[/snapback]

BP Empire is Infected style. Really, what it sounded like to me was a watered-down dancefloor-oriented version of the first two albums. Same ingredients, only nothing really new or different. If BP Empire was my first psy album, or even my first experience of IM, I would think it was unique and amazing also. But it wasn't. And frankly, compared to the two older albums, it really doesn't measure up. Then, again, I know a lot of people who first discovered IM through BP Empire, and they love it. All the power to them.

but this thread is about the new album, so let's get back on topic. I never heard the new album, and probably never will. really sad that they went this way, imo, making music that's going to be forgotten in a couple of months. oh well.

cheers

you might want to broaden your horizons if you think BP Empire is "original" and "unique".  :ph34r:

236251[/snapback]

I think you should :rolleyes: ... BP empire was very orginal and unique cause infected mushroom has always been that way until CV arrived... but still CV had that typical infected touch... Orginal ??? which goa artist can you reffer too telling me it's not original ??? If you say something, don't say but have foundation in your theory...

BP empire commercial... well some tracks had a cheezy touch but that doesn't mean it's made to sell... commecial music is made to sell...

I like BP empire, not anymore cause I listenend to the damn cd too much...

Maybe if you listen to BP for the first time today some say it sucks but when I listened to it when It was released... BAM I loved it :wub:

So I'm not changing opinions...

Like I said before the new album isn't good...

Combining the morning fullon formula with infected mushroom style is no good <_<

Sorry to go off topic here...but DJ Emotion...are you from Calgary originally?  And is your name Brianne? :)

236627[/snapback]

no i'm from the u.s. ......but i would like to go to canada one day :lol:

I find it as very silly release. They went mad, even with Converting Vegeterians something got wrong and now they are lost. There is only 3 decent songs on the album and overall is very bad diea what they have to present with silly vocals and plastic effects...LAME...4/10

i live how infected has a totally new sound with each album, yes i even loved the originality of CV, even if it was light and fluffy... but with supervisior... it totally stopped their motion, and was to me, just a bunch of b-side leftovers from CV... in a way, kinda like astrals another world or amen, just the same ol same ol yet subpar boring relating to their previous stuff. now im all for new styles, even if it seems poppy, but IM really screwed up this time and hurt their reputation more than ever with this release... everything on this album should have just been among their other 150 songs that wernt good enough for an album release... but i say, they havent been psychadelically deep for 4 years, and now that theyre in LA trying to hook up with either madonna or hollywood... and the fact they dont do drugs, i predict we will never see anything remotely psychadelic from them again, and i bet theyll be the ones to introduce the whole world to the psy genre, at least to make it known. ive seen other bands do it lately for other underground genres, its like the trend now for previously awesome bands..

light is nice, but deep is sweet!

E-Motion!

Its a small world indeed, I remember you from Singularity :)

IM The Supervisor... production quality is great, some of the songs have a unique twist here and there, but to be honest knowing their earlier music I was expecting something more. Perhaps the only track with integrity on that entire album is Frog Machine in my opinion.