Your best ambient moments and why.....

Ormion

Ok this is another fav topic. We made a poll about best ambient artist,a topic about the best albums, now is the time for your fav tracks but I want to tell me the reasons.

Just write down your top-20,10,5 or top-1 but wite also some comments for the tracks, why are so special to you.

1.Mushroom Band-Denmark Elephant Grey:This unknown group is a project of Swordfish (Astralasia) and Masters.(Don't be confused with their other project Magic Mushroom Band which is more Psychedelic Rock than ambient).

This track is the most beautiful and melancholic stuff ever made. A peaceful bass and an amazing acoustic guitar rhythm (although I don't like guitars) not 100% Psy but man....You have to listen to it!!!

2.Astral Projection-Ambience:Too much kick+bass for an ambient track but the leading melody is a masterpiece.I can't believe they wrote such a happy,optimistic but slightly melancholic (IMO)melody.Amazing!

3.LOS-Slime Into The Sound:LOS(Legion Of Space)is a dark-Psy Greek group,very popular here and they released a dark-hard album (Predator).But the last track is an unbelieviable relaxing,beatless track with smooth,mind travelling melodies.

4.Infected Mushroom-Dancing With Kadafi:Mozart is dead but thank God IM are-or were-here.Guitars,violins,80's electro pop sounds and a (...) lst melody.so beautiful that makes me cry!

5.Optic Eye-Anacoluthon:The No.1 mindscaping track ever.Just close my eyes and travel in another time and space.You have to try it.No comments for it.

6.Oforia-Voice Of Delusion:Maybe the most melancholic intro in asong ever.This makes me wanna die :( .The last melody though is slightly optimistic but still sad.(Strange but true)

7.OOOD-Hartley's Ambient Jam:The first half of this amazing track is really beautiful with a nice asian female singing sample,but the real power of this track is the second half.Beatless,floating sounds feel like my soul leaves my body.

8.The Infinity Project-Under The Overtones:15 minutes of pure bliss.The first 7 minutes are a sound parade with no annoying percussion and useless melodies at all. again a mind travelling track.

9.Mushroom Band-Halfway Down And About To Fall:MM again with a more goaish melancholic,so beautiful that impossible to describe it track! Melodies that break my heart.

10.Astralasia-Aloo:Old School ambient at it's best.One of the most emotional intros ever and melodies that make me so sad-but I luv it!

Phew, that was a long one.Now is your turn.

C'mon share your feelings!!! :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, not 100% psytrance, but definitely 100% psy. the best ambient tune i have heard in ages..

1) Pink Floyd - Cluster One

amazing intro to their final album The division bell. this is just so well produced, its amazing, so chilled out, and beautiful. simply brilliant. if you love psychedelic ambient, you will love this tune. the piano and guitar in this tune is so good it gives me goosebumps everytime. definitly worth a listen if you havnt heard it yet. i played it to a few of my mated without telling them it was pink floyd and they were convinced it was some new psychedelic ambient cd i had.

2) Dancing With Kadafi

i wouldnt call this ambient, more downtempo, but i have to agree with you, fantastic tune. probably one of infected's best works. its got so many different parts to it, and every single part is brilliant.

Entheogenic - light ocean blue de climax at the end is one of the finest and most crystal clear I've ever heard in ambient track... it speaks to the heart and is pure...

Sphongle - sphongle falls because of the spinning sound what is super trippy and I like it a lot... it reaches my visions :)

Psy Sex - Survival Kit (Koopa Troopa's dub mix) because of the very intilligent and bright melody... it rules !!!!

angel tears - indian ballad has got a very unique mystique indian atmosphere and again touches you like the morning glory...

Omnimotion - Omnidub cause of the magical flute in the beginning...

ok, not 100% psytrance, but definitely 100% psy. the best ambient tune i have heard in ages..

1) Pink Floyd - Cluster One

amazing intro to their final album The division bell. this is just so well produced, its amazing, so chilled out, and beautiful. simply brilliant. if you love psychedelic ambient, you will love this tune. the piano and guitar in this tune is so good it gives me goosebumps everytime.  definitly worth a listen if you havnt heard it yet. i played it to a few of my mated without telling them it was pink floyd and they were convinced it was some new psychedelic ambient cd i had.

2) Dancing With Kadafi

i wouldnt call this ambient, more downtempo, but i have to agree with you, fantastic tune. probably one of infected's best works. its got so many different parts to it, and every single part is brilliant.

233354[/snapback]

I'll check out Pink Floyd track immediately.Glad to see that another guy shares my love for Dancing With Kadafi.

I'll check out Pink Floyd track immediately.Glad to see that another guy shares my love for Dancing With Kadafi.

233359[/snapback]

yeah, but dancing with kadafi is an amazing piece of work. a lot of effort went into making that track. plus i dont think you will be dissapointed with that pink floyd track. let me know what you think after you've heard it... ;)

Shpongle - Around The World In A Tea Daze

Not sure if Ambient is the right definition but anyways ..... I love the women singing/shanting/whatever the word is ..... a few mins in to the track.

I always used to listen to this track and a few others back in the days when comming down from something and trying to fall asleep, I've had many special moments with it. However shitty I've felt this track has never lost it's beauty.

Can't even remember how it sounds these days, just remember I love it :)

Shpongle - Around The World In A Tea Daze

Not sure if Ambient is the right definition but anyways ..... I love the women singing/shanting/whatever the word is ..... a few mins in to the track.

I always used to listen to this track and a few others back in the days when comming down from something and trying to fall asleep, I've had many special moments with it. However shitty I've felt this track has never lost it's beauty.

Can't even remember how it sounds these days, just remember I love it :)

233379[/snapback]

great tune. personally i dont like ambient that sounds too arabic, or too eastern. but its still pretty good though. i prefer Shpongle - Once upon the sea (...)

yeah, but dancing with kadafi is an amazing piece of work. a lot of effort went into making that track. plus i dont think you will be dissapointed with that pink floyd track. let me know what you think after you've heard it... ;)

233362[/snapback]

yeah, i'm there with you on the kadafi being f'ing incredible.

as far as a single moments of greatness... here are some of my favs:

(these aren't necessarily my fav ambient songs, just moments)

The Orb - Montagne d'Or - from 4:20 til the end

Shulman - Small Grey Creatures - from 8:08 to 9:00 (the guitar build-up)... amazing

Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place - from 2:39 to 6:30.. very dark and eerie, excellent climax

Boards of Canada - Aquarius - from 3:00 on 4:30. don't know why, but i love the #'s thing in this song =)

Morphem - Hypnotone - the intro until the melody comes in. don't know what to classify this part as, but i like it.. also the exit (where the same tune comes back in) This music makes me think of "The Shining"... old/nostalgic/weird

okay... done for now.

cheers

-ensign

great tune. personally i dont like ambient that sounds too arabic, or too eastern. but its still pretty good though. i prefer Shpongle - Once upon the sea (...)

233408[/snapback]

... of blissful awareness? am I remembering correctly?

yes it's a great track for sure, I couldn't agree more :)

Orbital - Halcyon & On & On... it's wonderful bliss right through. Not psychedelic, but very summery, melacholic and sweet. Everybody must hear this one.

Shpongle - Divine Moments Of Truth. THE ambient track.

Shpongle - Vapour Rumours - airy, great flute, a very calm, peaceful song.

Juno Reactor - Song For Ancestors - Tribal ambient. Really, really great. Like a trip through a spirit realm, meeting different ancestors of yours. So many facets.

And Infected Mushroom - Dancing With Kadafi of course. Also Stretched, which is almost as good.

AAaaaah I love listening to quality chill, off the top of my head there's a couple of tracks that spring to mind:

Ott - Smoked Glass and Chrome - You see, usually I can't stand women warbling vocals in tunes, but this track is devine. Sooo beautiful, top notch, can't wait for the next ott offering :)

Nada - Raji Mati MMMMMMMMMMmmm nada! I think butterfly dawn was my first ever nada-experience, and again another beautiful track! I am now a liquid sound design convert, love all their releases, but nada are definately my fave.

Ooze - Quintessence What happened to OOze? I love this track, in fact I love the whole album, but this one is fab. Happy memories of driving down the highway in Aus post-doof with a bit of OOze blasting :)

There's loads more that make me go 'MMMMMMMMMMmmmmm' but that'll do for now :D

:) Celtic Cross- HIcksville-- The whole album from the flamengo guitars to the Irish rythms and some top quality samples , pure psy moments and a high quality production that still sounds fresh to my ears..

Another oldie but goldie Mysteries of the Yeti- The first time i heard this was absoultely blown away! at the time was just perfect for lying back, eyes closed

And searching for the Yeti. :rolleyes:

01. Shulman - Consciousness Revoked @ 4:45

The piano work here is the most relaxing thing I've ever heard. If you turn off all of the lights in the room, put your stereo real loud and let yourself get caught in the music, you'll see what I mean.

02. Shulman - Random Lifelines @ 5:30

I just can't get enough of this album. This track erally gets to me, especially after 5:30. There's this weird melodic work envolving various kinds of instruments and synths, all completely different from each other, but that create a melodic work too good to be true.

03. Violet Vision - Plastic Wrap @ 2:14

Violet Vision aren't really chill-out. It's a blend of ambient with breakbeat that has a really wide range of influences. This track has gotta be the most ambient track of their second album. It really gets to me, especially the violins and the voice. One of the very few tracks that could make me cry on a stressful day.

04. Hallucinogen - Solstice (Warwick Bassmonkey Mix) @ 1:10

You just gotta love it. The melody that start at approximately 1 minute just takes you away. Minimalistic, but effective nonetheless.

05. Asura - Lost Eden @ 1:26

No comments are necessary here. Those who've listened to this track know what I'm talking about.

06. Radiohead - Everything in its Right Place @ 0:01

Radiohead has these things. This track leaves me speechless, from the first to the last second.

07. Serart - Narina (Bill Laswell RMX) @ 0:01

I doubt anyone around here even knows this track, so I'll save comments. If you have the chance to get your hands on this, please do. It's one of the most outstanding trip-hop/ambient/breakbeat tracks I've heard in a long time.

08. Infected Mushroom - Deeply Disturbed (Violet Vision RMX) @ 3:22

This break at 3:22 just gets to me. Deffinitely the best conversion I've seen from psy into chill-out (breakbeat, to be precise). Really, really great stuff.

09. Ott - Smoked Glass and Chrome @ 1:20

It's often to find that some of the voice samples on Ott's tracks are used by a lot of other artists (how many freakin' times have we heard that guy from Ott's Splitting an Atom?). None ever does a job half as good as the man Ott. This one's one of those tracks. It's just pure musical beauty.

10. Portishead - Roads @ 0:12

Beautiful stuff, no comments necessary.

There... Wheew! :wacko:

01. Shulman - Consciousness Revoked @ 4:45

The piano work here is the most relaxing thing I've ever heard. If you turn off all of the lights in the room, put your stereo real loud and let yourself get caught in the music, you'll see what I mean.

02. Shulman - Random Lifelines @ 5:30

I just can't get enough of this album. This track erally gets to me, especially after 5:30. There's this weird melodic work envolving various kinds of instruments and synths, all completely different from each other, but that create a melodic work too good to be true.

03. Violet Vision - Plastic Wrap @ 2:14

Violet Vision aren't really chill-out. It's a blend of ambient with breakbeat that has a really wide range of influences. This track has gotta be the most ambient track of their second album. It really gets to me, especially the violins and the voice. One of the very few tracks that could make me cry on a stressful day.

04. Hallucinogen - Solstice (Warwick Bassmonkey Mix) @ 1:10

You just gotta love it. The melody that start at approximately 1 minute just takes you away. Minimalistic, but effective nonetheless.

No comments are necessary here. Those who've listened to this track know what I'm talking about.

06. Radiohead - Everything in its Right Place @ 0:01

Radiohead has these things. This track leaves me speechless, from the first to the last second.

07. Serart - Narina (Bill Laswell RMX) @ 0:01

I doubt anyone around here even knows this track, so I'll save comments. If you have the chance to get your hands on this, please do. It's one of the most outstanding trip-hop/ambient/breakbeat tracks I've heard in a long time.

08. Infected Mushroom - Deeply Disturbed (Violet Vision RMX) @ 3:22

This break at 3:22 just gets to me. Deffinitely the best conversion I've seen from psy into chill-out (breakbeat, to be precise). Really, really great stuff.

09. Ott - Smoked Glass and Chrome @ 1:20

It's often to find that some of the voice samples on Ott's tracks are used by a lot of other artists (how many freakin' times have we heard that guy from Ott's Splitting an Atom?). None ever does a job half as good as the man Ott. This one's one of those tracks. It's just pure musical beauty.

10. Portishead - Roads @ 0:12

Beautiful stuff, no comments necessary.

There... Wheew! :wacko:

233502[/snapback]

nice... thanks delusional. i'm glad someone besides me actually told WHERE in the song the moment was located. you would think that a topic entitled "ambient moments" would be about MOMENTS and not entire songs/albums. there are countless topics/posts about favorite ambient artists/songs, but the actual place in the song that you think is awesome... now that is worth hearing (and fresh)

-ensign

233502[/snapback]

I don't. Please comment on it. :unsure:

nice... thanks delusional.  i'm glad someone besides me actually told WHERE in the song the moment was located.  you would think that a topic entitled "ambient moments" would be about MOMENTS and not entire songs/albums.  there are countless topics/posts about favorite ambient artists/songs, but the actual place in the song that you think is awesome... now that is worth hearing (and fresh)

-ensign

233509[/snapback]

I like the whole tracks I listed... pure bliss they are.

Entheogenic - light ocean blue de climax at the end is one of the finest and most crystal clear I've ever heard in ambient track... it speaks to the heart and is pure...

Also add to that

ENTHEOGENIC - Ground Luminosity

The built up towards the middle always does it to me, some kind of ecstatic feeling I guess

I don't. Please comment on it. :unsure:

I like the whole tracks I listed... pure bliss they are.

233516[/snapback]

yeah, but the title of the topic is moments. you don't consider a track a "moment" do you? (regardless of what the 1st post actually said)

and who are you...yoda? "pure bliss they are"

-ensign

yeah, but the title of the topic is moments.  you don't consider a track a "moment" do you? (regardless of what the 1st post actually said)

and who are you...yoda? "pure bliss they are"

-ensign

233525[/snapback]

Like short moments of eternity they feel, grasshopper.

nice... thanks delusional.  i'm glad someone besides me actually told WHERE in the song the moment was located. 

233509[/snapback]

hey I tried too :angry::D;)

Shpongle - And The Day Turned To Night: Countless singles, two albums and a third one on the way.... This 20-minute opus is still Shpongle's masterpiece (Simon agrees with me). It is beautiful as the dawn and vast and mysterious as the depths of the pacific ocean. The ambient noises, the flute, the change in tempo and the melodies.... All is just perfect.

Hallucinogen - E: Few melodies can make me cry. This one came extremely close (what is it about pianos and cellos that does this?).

Infinity Project - The Answer: The spaciest track I've ever heard. I just love the sounds and samples ('In our spaceships of the Imagination', etc...)

Healer - Aqua Sleeping: Squeaking dolphins, piano-sounds, sonic bliss... Another reason to listen to Healer.

Jairamji - Temple: The flute-sound is FANTASTIC! I felt like standing in a misty jungle.

Walter Ego - Purple Pygmies: More dub than ambient, but still... About 2.30 minutes into this song comes the most mesmerizing and best crafted soundscape I've ever heard in a psychedelic tune. It made feel like an army of purple pygmies came dancing out of an enchanted forest and carried me off.

Bluetech - Alchemie Dub

Son Of The Light - Journey To Hunab Ku: A mystical masterpiece. I totally dig the part when the beat kicks in.

Saafi Brothers - On Air

Entheogenic - Pagan Dream Machine: Entheogenic's second album is crammed with psychedelic ambient masterpieces. This is just one of them. The trademark Entheogenic sound is sweet as honey and the church-choir is just downright beautiful.