festivals 2005

Just curious, which festivals do you plan to attend this summer?

Myself I'm aiming for Antaris Project in Germany, and possibly VooV since a lot of my friends are going. Antaris Project is a prioritity tho, judging from last year it has a whole other atmosphere then the larger festivals over there ... awesome party for sure!

Also very interested in Kazantip, a party in Ukraine tho I don't have that much info about it. Their webpage is in Russian and the only thing I've understod from it is that the info is gonna be released in hmm, 46 days or something.

I'd be much interested in visiting Portugal again this year, also maybe Spain or Croatia ... if you got any tips I'd appreciate it!

After the summer my only plans are Greenspirit in Thailand for New Year... as you might already know the last one was canceled but it's been re-schedualed :)

Well i'm hoping i'll be able to save enough money to travel to the Voov,

i'm going to be in Israel, in the Nature Vibe Festival - in Israel, it's a new festival

starting this year, hosting an all live lineup with SonKite, SpaceCat, SUB6, Infected Mushroom and many more, info is viewable @ www.naturevibe.com

that festival had an awesome webpage ... hadn't heard about it before, thank you =)

Israel sure seems interesting... I meet so many israelians while traveling, sure is one of the countries I would like to visit in the future.. just wish it would be a little bit cheaper.

I hope to see you at VooV ... it's always an awesome party!

Germany in the summers has like one of these big parties going on every week so if you get over there be sure to stay for more then one :)

well.. if you can take some holiday, i recommend the full moon festival in germany. it goes from friday to thursday (15.7. - 21.7.) and the line up is like a wet dream (at least for me..).

some of the artist:

atomic pulse, eskimo (weeeeeh), exaile, kindzadza, naked tourist, parasense (weeeeh²), sub6, star-x, talamasca, tristan, wrecked machines, xenomorph.. and may more.

www.fullmoon-festival.com

be there! :)

ps: hit me, but i find VooV overrated t.t

ps: hit me, but i find VooV overrated t.t

236725[/snapback]

I sorta understand you .... I had a much better time at Antaris Project last year ... much smaller and a better atmosphere ... still VooV is an awesome party with AWESOME laser shows.

and in the morning you simply can't go wrong :)

I bet Fullmon Festival is gonna rock tho now when they moved away from playing only full-on :)

why is voov overated? the place looks nice, cool lake, nice looking people, awesome line-up (at least for me, I like prog), thousands of food options, no problem finding friends randomly, even with so many people around, nice overall atmosphere, beautiful painting in the chill out and deco in general, awesome laser show, bathrooms being cleaned constantly, awesome town nearby, a fucking trainstation on the party grounds (!!!) etc etc..

If I had to choose between voov and antaris, it would definitely be voov..

but this year no money for an europe trip.. so I go to local festival called Trancendence.. very nice lineup, and one of the most amazing festival locations ever (free water, waterfall 2min walking from dancefloor, beautiful valley, etc etc).. If someone wants to come, tell me :)

voov is just too big for me, theres no coziness about it. plus you get to know someone on friday and wont see him again for the rest of the party. it gets pretty anonymous like this. i never went to the party because the argument "its big" doesnt work for me. finally i was there in 2003 and it was just like i thought. the music on the mainstage was very strange too after the opening, stayed most of the time on the prog-floor (where were no lasers). i just prefer smaller outdoors.

lasershow was great, but thats not all that counts, you know. trainstation isnt that important for me either, cause i can drive there by car (clean trancer (with exceptions..)). putlitz is ok, but i dont leave the partyground too often anyway. its just not my gusto :)

Also very interested in Kazantip, a party in Ukraine tho I don't have that much info about it. Their webpage is in Russian and the only thing I've understod from it is that the info is gonna be released in hmm, 46 days or something.

if you want to attend kazantip party, get ready for big adventure in the east! I hope you are experienced traveller :) ... I havent been there myself, but a lot of my friend went there... some of almost every year

it is not psytrance party only, there's a lot of music styles there, big main stage and some small soundsystems, at least 1-2 are psytrance oriented. They play psytrance at the main stage 1-2x per week

it is getting too "commercial" lately, something like big techno dancefestival in europe, + soldiers with guns all around watching the people, but if you are a foreigner, they are not making much problems to u

there used to be something like anti-kazantip free party nearby called Liquid Beach or other parties around...

pictures from 2001:

http://trance.techno.cz/clanek.php3?ret=pr&pos=21&id=134

http://www.psychedelic.ru/party/z2004/index.shtml

page about kazantip in english:

http://www.kazantip.de/index.php?lng=en

finally i was there in 2003 and it was just like i thought. the music on the mainstage was very strange too after the opening, stayed most of the time on the prog-floor (where were no lasers). i just prefer smaller outdoors.

237422[/snapback]

same with me, but i still love the voov. my tip: sleep at night (night-time is zombie-time), party the daytime on the proggy-floor. for me it was always big fun like that.

edit: especially 2003, with d-nox spinning on the proggy-floor sunday afternoon. boy! i laughed my ass off! :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest run lola

:(:(:(:(

i won't be able to go anywhere this summer...

but if i had the choice i would have gone to the Voov of course, a wondrful experience... but the line up is not announced yet (i think)

voooooooooov

:(  :(  :(  :(

i won't be able to go anywhere this summer...

but if i had the choice i would have gone to the Voov of course, a wondrful experience... but the line up is not announced yet (i think)

voooooooooov

245145[/snapback]

They don't annoucne the line-up for the Voov, you find out when you get there! Guaranteed to have some quality artists though :)

I shall mostly be attending Voov and Omni. Not particularly excited about the Omni line up, but it works well with my holidays from work. And a few weeks travelling round spain with a festival in the middle sounds good to me :D

And lots of outdoor parties in the UK in between! Huzzah!

They don't annoucne the line-up for the Voov, you find out when you get there!  Guaranteed to have some quality artists though  :)

I shall mostly be attending Voov and Omni.  Not particularly excited about the Omni line up, but it works well with my holidays from work.  And a few weeks travelling round spain with a festival in the middle sounds good to me  :D

And lots of outdoor parties in the UK in between!  Huzzah!

245154[/snapback]

Not going to Glade Heva >? :)

Not going to Glade Heva >?  :)

245160[/snapback]

mwaaah it's a sore topic Jamez, after all my planning I can't afford the ticket yet. I'm eating a diet of rice and lentils to see if I can save the pennies. We'll see. I'm just gonna have to be all last-minute about it...and hope it doesn't seel out uber quick :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lootussilmä

Please someone post the official site for Glade Heva festival. There's a topic for that now. Thank You. And all the other websites also : )

I couldnt really decide, so I'm planning to get to most of them ;) Just about to finish off Uni and saved up a coupla grand, so I'm having one last proper indulgence before I go into the world of work (boring...)

Bit of a mixture of musics, too - not just psytrance:

Sonar (Spain)

Glade (UK)

Voov (Germany)

Czech Tek

Sonica (Italy)

Zurich Street Parade

Freedom Festival (Portugal)

...and maybe...

Movement of Nomad People - Solar eclipse 2005 (Tunisia)

...if i can afford it.

Hope to see some of you on the journey...

-Toad

Guest Lootussilmä

Tell me more about Glada & Freedom Festivals, please. At the moment Rhytms of Peace looks the strongest option for me. A weekend goes by far too fast, four days is quite very good but six... : P Not a full week, who has the energy? But six days! These guys are just perfect. And there is the African (ok, Mediterranean) sea... there's a song in Finnish "...i knew... ... sea and sky of Africa..." Well, i've seen the sky and this would be the sea : )

Tell me more about Glada & Freedom Festivals, please.

258146[/snapback]

Glade is at

http://www.gladefestival.com/

but sold out within 12 hours of tickets being on sale. More tickets are available on ebay for ~£150 if you really want to go (the lineup is worth checking out)

Freedom festival (18-21 Aug, Portugal) is at

http://www.freedom-festival.org/

(you need popups enabled to view it though - a very flashy site)

(also seems to be temporarily down right now)

This is going to be the last in my European festival tour, and it looks to be the best - The lineup is awesome, most notably 1200 Mics - its the only place (I know of) they're playing this summer apart from Australia (a little bit of a trek for me from the UK)

Also, the visuals look to be stunning - check out the site. Some of the visual stuff is done by Tribe of Frog from Bristol (my home town) so it'll be extra special for me...

Some extra information can also be found on the isratrance forum (www.isratrance.com) if you're having trouble with the site. Tickets go on sale from the 16th May, I think...

Hope this helps, and hope to see you there!

-Toad

• 2 weeks later...