MFG

Zewu

The first MFG track I heard was "Overload" on Destination Goa 3. At the first listen, I didn't like it. Then when I listened to it for the second time, I suddenly discovered that it was great! Then I listened to their whole album "The Prophecy" where I first started to moderately like a few songs. Then these songs eventually grew on me as well. Then I discovered the rest of that album's songs and at last, I found all of the songs to be great. Then I discovered Project Genesis the same way, then New Kind of World and now - The Message, which I at the first listen found very boring and very dissapointing for being MFG.

I get the feeling that almost every of their track is "their best" - it is like there are 30 "best MFG track"'s. I guess this is because each of their songs has such a unique feeling to them. Still, you can always recognize a specific, common touch to each of their album and another kind of specific, common touch that makes all of their albums, and all of their tracks on compilations MFG. Each track is unique, each album is unique, but still all is MFG!

I just want to say that the work by Aharon Shegal & Guy Zukrel is amazing, and as long as there are unheard MFG tracks, I know I am going to enjoy them someday!

I had The Prophecy and still have Project Genesis. The first wasn't my style really, and the second is mediocre.

233072[/snapback]

How can you say that Project Genesis is medicore?

(I guess this is a matter of taste :))

Iam finding that specific album to be one of the best album ever produced. I like all the tracks on it, and eventhough I have heard a billion times now, it keeps getting better and better every time I listen to it.

Take fx. Intelligent Machine, Project Genesis, Open Mind, Why?, Voices, Sunshine and On Mars all of these are tracks I could go nuts to, if I heard them to a party. ;)

I think Project Genesis is far the best album by MFG ever. I love the atmosphere on it, and as already mentioned, one of the best albums ever.

It is pile between old-school Goa and the new-school Goa in my opinion. For me The Prophecy and New Kind of World is the old-school I know, and wouldn't compare Project Genesis with these.

Take care now, bye bye then..

Guest .::E.P

233265[/snapback]

I guess you answered your own guestion there :) Good Lad :)

233265[/snapback]

I guess you answered your own guestion there :) Good Lad :)

233269[/snapback]

E.P. that was the point ;)

Hi guys !

Well, for me MFG represents the best compromise between melody and technique...

I mean, listen to "Overload" and the crazy melody...

But I'm very sad that they split :( (at least it seems to... because no official anounce was ever made) because their last album (The Message) was an impressive evolution of their music.

They represent the DEEP FEELINGS & CLIMAX group. For example, "Have a nice day" (which is my favorite) is building, and building, and building... and floating in suspension in the air... :rolleyes: and then..... BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAMMMM !!!!!!!!!! The melody + the crazyness + the technique !!!!! Pure joy !

And they are also the masters of the transpositions (or key shift) : for example "Dark waters" & "!

Well, I love them so much that I'm not pretty good in telling my fellings.

Please come back, guys, please.... :unsure:

See you.

Greg

Hi guys !

But I'm very sad that they split  :( (at least it seems to... because no official anounce was ever made) because their last album (The Message) was an impressive evolution of their music.

Greg

233605[/snapback]

no,no,no a new album is expected soon :) check some new fresh live material :

http://www.psysurfeur.com/video_trance_goa.php

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....................

You're killing me Nick !!!!!!

It's awesome man.

Do you have more info (label, date) for any further release ?

By the way, I'm happy to have posted my message yesterday. Your repply gave me shivers today, and now I'm sure that the light will come again !

Just be patient.

10x, 10x & 10x again Nick !

Greg

PS: the psysurfeur site is pretty good !

maybe its just a rumour for now...

235739[/snapback]

no i dont think it's a rumour cuz:

1)That new live material they played in belgium

2)Had emailed guy and told me the album is soon to be released... don't know how "soon" but it's sure to be released sometime in the near future.

2)Had emailed guy and told me the album is soon to be released... don't know how "soon" but it's sure to be released sometime in the near future.

235901[/snapback]

lets see what they have to offer :)

235901[/snapback]

I hope that you aren't kidding, if you are, I'll hunt you down and beat the hell out of you.. :P

check some new fresh live material :

http://www.psysurfeur.com/video_trance_goa.php

234069[/snapback]

:o:o:o Sounds extremely promising even with that greasy sound quality

some amazing moments in that video !

Yeah...

And these guys really "play" in their live performances.

When I saw them 4 years ago, I found them very "concentrated", but I discovered quickly that they often had their hands on the keyboards, and not only on the mouse+knobs !!

It's much more "authentic" when musicians play some things ;)

See you

Greg

What??? When did MFG re-unite? I only heard of an upcoming Passenger album...

But if there's going to be a new album... *WOW!*

MFG sure is my favourites next to Pleiadians and UX/Slide. I absolutely love all their tracks from all their albums except for maybe some of them from The Message.

Hope they'll continue their dark melodic stuff.

odd... am I the only one who prefers New Kind of World?

234106[/snapback]

:D no, i like it very much to. i have all there traks :) cool stuff i think, but dont listen to it so much anymore.i have so much new i listen to.but i can not wait to hear the new album.