Please, think twice...

Trolsk

I agree.  ;)

No, seriously, what's wrong with stuff like "I just ordered mine?" I can't see.

232753[/snapback]

It doesn't add anything to the topic. I don't care if you've just ordered a new cd, get back when you've listened to it and can give some usefull comments. That's not asking for too much is it?

No, it's on topic since it concerns the general and reviews section of this forum.

232755[/snapback]

General: General discussions about Psytrance

This is not about psytrance.

General: General discussions about Psytrance

This is not about psytrance.

232770[/snapback]

It's about the general and reviews section of this psy-trance forum. It fits better here than it does in the off-topic section. You may remember that we've had discussions about the pros and cons of forum based reviews and database reviews in the general section of this forum.

Guest .::E.P

...before posting.

There are a lot of useless posts that we could all do without.

Thanks.

232740[/snapback]

I am sure they can use a man like you as a Moderator on isratrance ;) (joke)

excuse me for saying it but this thread is typically Swedish :P

myself I don't see how "useless" posts does any harm, it's basicly conversation, ain't that a good thing?

anyways I'm a noob here so I'll obey the rules, just thinking a relaxed atmosphere beats having to look at the rule book before hitting "Add Reply" every time ... :rolleyes:

excuse me for saying it but this thread is typically Swedish :P

:)

myself I don't see how "useless" posts does any harm, it's basicly conversation, ain't that a good thing?

Well, it's a waste of time, ain't that a bad thing? :)

Guest .::E.P

anyways I'm a noob here so I'll obey the rules, just thinking a relaxed atmosphere beats having to look at the rule book before hitting "Add Reply" every time ...  :rolleyes:

233251[/snapback]

there's no rules here so I suggest you do as you please and have fun. who cares if a post is useless anyway ;)

there's no rules here so I suggest you do as you please and have fun.  who cares if a post is useless anyway ;)

233454[/snapback]

yeah, i agree with you totally, EP. if you think the topic or post is useless... don't fucking read it. it's kind of like the internet in general, there's a lot of shit out there to ignore. Trolsk, you shouldn't go telling people what to/not to post. we don't need any israfascism around here.

i do have some of the same sentiments about certain posters, i'd rather they not respond b\c of the lack of value of their input... but i keep it to myself (or flame them! always an option).

-ensign

there's no rules here so I suggest you do as you please and have fun.  who cares if a post is useless anyway ;)

233454[/snapback]

Well, there are some rules. But if you behave like a normal person you won't notice them.

if you think the topic or post is useless... don't fucking read it. 

How do you expect me to know if a post is useless if I haven't read it?

Trolsk, you shouldn't go telling people what to/not to post.  we don't need any israfascism around here.

I have only asked people to think twice before posting, that's all, no fascism, just a practical tip that could save us all some time.

i do have some of the same sentiments about certain posters, i'd rather they not respond b\c of the lack of value of their input... but i keep it to myself (or flame them! always an option).

Yes, that's an option, another option is to start a topic about useless posts and have a constructive discussion and raise the level of the posts further.

How do you expect me to know if a post is useless if I haven't read it?

I have only asked people to think twice before posting, that's all, no fascism, just a practical tip that could save us all some time.

Yes, that's an option, another option is to start a topic about useless posts and have a constructive discussion and raise the level of the posts further.

233501[/snapback]

here's the thing though. there will be no "constructive" outcome from a topic regarding "useless posts". the people that actually post something worth reading will continue to post shit worth reading (with occasional "useless" posts by your definition), while the people that post shit like "yeah, sweet!" or whatever useless interjection, they will continue to do so, like it or not. the people that GET INVOLVED in this discussion are the ones already making the valuable postings... so it's kind of pointless anyway. i was really just joking about the fascism thing... and i really do agree that I wish that ppl would stop posting crap. anyway, by "ignore" the crappy posts, i mean ignore the crappy posters. kind of like a 3 strikes and you're out policy =) and not like while you are scrolling down over posts, you can't simply just see that some idiot layed down a useless one-liner.

i just don't think you'll be able to get those ppl to change their annoying ways, agreement or not.

-ensign