The worst Remix ever made...

Cybernetika

What is the worst Remix you've ever heard? I'm talking about a remix that destroyed everything about the original song and thats completely insulting the creator of the original... Psy is favored but any other genre allowed as well ;)

My vote goes to:

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Beat Hackers Remix)

It's so bad it hurt my ears for days. Even though this one has been covered a million times (and no one managed to capture the spirit of the original), this one is to me without doubt the worst. They took the original recording and just dubbed it over a completely stupid beat. It doesnt fit at all, its out of place, everything. Something even a newcomer producer with a little sense for rythm can do much better than that... even worse: with shit like that they even make money :angry:

Now its your turn, what's the worst remix you have ever heard?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this ain't a psytrance remix or whatever, but i really really really HATED it when this girl group called 'All Saints' covered the Red hot chilli pepper's wonderfull "Under the bridge" and even scored a hit with it, got me SO angry!... :angry: , sorry for the slight off topic ;)

Shpongle - Dorset Perception (Low-step's balearic breaks re-edit) :angry:

A mistake of biblical proportions... It was so terrible I think it gave me cancer! It was just the original track with an annoying beat pasted over it. And to complete the act of desecration, there was a 'skip' in the track. <_<

Today, it remains a complete mystery to me that Twisted records released this abomination. I know that Shpongle had nothing to do with it, just some birdbrains from Ibiza who thought it would be a good idea to trash Shpongle and raise the bar for commercial exploitation. But how could Twisted endorse this crap? :blink:

That's the only travesty within the psy-genre I can think of. As for regular music, every cover-track by recent 'artists' makes me sick to my ass... most recently with Alicia Keyes playing Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition' - BARF!!!!

Guest al3xandar

People can fly - Alien Project rmx

I think the only other person who could have massacared the song more is Britney Spears.  :lol:

232580[/snapback]

damn you!! It was my choise ! :) :) :)

that remix of black sabbath paranoid ..on one of those raja rams fagbags .. i lost all my powers and fell on the floor when i heard it

232636[/snapback]

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Just in case I ever decide to rob you or something. :ph34r:

GMSs and Infected Mushrooms remixes of Gamma Goblins.... those are pretty damn crappy.

232605[/snapback]

I think Infected's remix is kinda good. Nice sounds and a cool approach to the original.

For the topic. Almost all remixes on Astrals - Ten is a punch in the face to all astral fans.

Dynamics massacre of the genious track Dancing Galaxy made me outrageous. And therefore is one of the worst remixes I've ever heard.

10 can't be that bad. I'll have to listen to some samples... :unsure:

UPDATE 1: Ok, I heard Dancing Galaxy dynamic remix. Ho ho. Ho fucking ho. :angry:

UPDATE 2: Mahadeva remix by John 00 Fleming. Congratulations, John! You managed to fuck up a classic that shouldn't be possible to fuck up. And you sound like Holymen!

I'll try one more before crushing my plans on buying this.

UPDATE 3: Nilaya (Melicia Remix) is.......saaaaaasyt7u6hy666666666666q *POST INTERRUPTED*

For the topic. Almost all remixes on Astrals - Ten is a punch in the face to all astral fans.

232706[/snapback]

Sorry but I don't find Space Cat's rmx of Power Gen that bad. Maybe it's because I heard him play it live, and went crazy, do to the memories of the original. :)

BUT, it can't beat the original, LOVE THE ORIGINAL!!

The Tiesto remix of Barber's Adagio for strings

232713[/snapback]

I heard Tiesto play this himself live a week ago and it actually fit nicely in his set. I'm pretty tired of the original and this gave some new approach to the track. I didn't really like it either when I first heard it at home though.

Can't really think of bad remixes, I guess I try to avoid hearing them in the first place. I mean, stuff like Alien Project remix of an Astral Projection song... why bother?

Most of the Astral Projection's remixes are horrible. J00f did the best work i think. Even BLT failed to remix the classic. Alien Project's, Bizzarre Contact's and Dynamic remixes are disgrace. Actually all their output is a disgrace. AP should have never release this pile of crap. They should go for better remixers. Even GMS would do a proper job there.

Dark Soho, IM, Yahel, Sub6, Pixel and hack even Eskimo could do better than those wankers.

Most of the Astral Projection's remixes are horrible. J00f did the best work i think. Even BLT failed to remix the classic. Alien Project's, Bizzarre Contact's and Dynamic remixes are disgrace. Actually all their output is a disgrace. AP should have never release this pile of crap. They should go for better remixers. Even GMS would do a proper job there.

Dark Soho, IM, Yahel, Sub6, Pixel and hack even Eskimo could do better than those wankers.

232797[/snapback]

i totaly agree with you. i think that the remix to mahadeva is nice, and also the BLT remix is ok.

worst remixes to astral projection are:

dancing galaxy- dynamic remix

people can fly- delirious remix (and also the alien project remix)

let there be light- perplex Vs. atomic pulse remix

Dynamics massacre of the genious track Dancing Galaxy made me outrageous. And therefore is one of the worst remixes I've ever heard.

Well, I don`t say I like so much the originals, but the remixes are really (commercial) trash.... :ph34r:

Every Skazi rmx especially the "Satisfaction" one.

I have to add. Spiritual Healing-Darshan rmx. It's not that bad but there is NOTHING that reminds the original.The melodies,the feeling,the melancholy are all GONE!!! Just a kick+bass all the way.WTF?