1. 1. 2005 will be worst psytrance year

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will me be more goa influenced releases this year...

We had the start of the fullon explosion 2003...

2004 that was pure fullon

2005 will be the end of the fullon explosion but still lots of fullon...

in 2006 fullon won't be the mainstream in the psyscéne anymore imho....

I think this year will be better....

I think there will me be more goa influenced releases this year...

We had the start of the fullon explosion 2003...

2004 that was pure fullon

2005 will be the end of the fullon explosion but still lots of fullon...

in 2006 fullon won't be the mainstream in the psyscéne anymore imho....

I think this year will be better....

232510[/snapback]

Full On Golden Age. :X

2005 will be the year of much stuff as heard on the Schizm compilation of last year, i HOPE! :rolleyes:

Well I think 2005 will be similar to 2004, with good and great releases popping up occasionally but not too often. If you think about it... ignoring all the remixed bullshit and full-on comps and albums, 2004 was a pretty good year in general. It ended with goatrance projects and some of the most ellaborate and intricate work I've heard in years, so lets look forward to the surprises. There are always surprises, and I think 2005 will maybe a bit worst than 2004 because so many releases came out in 2004, but then again there is big potential right now for...

Transwave (2005, maybe 2006, whenever but I read 2005 somewhere)

SHPONGLE 3

Hopefully some insanely kickass Filteria singles (new songs) on a Suntrip Records comp or whatever records comp or two. I'm not expecting a main album by Filteria in 2005 unless he really thinks he has the energy to pull it off and successfully make it as great, intricate, and melodic, or even better than the first!

Maybe another Electronic Universe album... Who really knows but I prefer when Boris puts out one every other year, its like they sound better when he takes some time off in between and then back into his sounds again... or whatever he does.

Pleiadians (?)

MFG and AP (Will you guys release something amazing this new year?)

Maybe another TALPA release, or not, but hopefully in 2006 if not 2005. I don't want any artist rushing to squeeze in another release out by the years end. Take your time and make every track brilliant.

And think of all the many surprises that we don't know about. The year has just began. Its only freekin MARCH and the biggest projects usually come out at the last 4-6 months of the year. Some impressive, kickass stuff is bound to come sooner or later. While far from best, I think 2005 will not be the worst. Just ignore all that crap. Things can be a whole lot worse. ;)

Bla...

And think of all the many surprises that we don't know about. The year has just began. Its only freekin MARCH and the biggest projects usually come out at the last 4-6 months of the year. Some impressive, kickass stuff is bound to come sooner or later. While far from best, I think 2005 will not be the worst. Just ignore all that crap. Things can be a whole lot worse. ;)

Very good point there! This is about the same thing as already nominating an album for album of the year 2005 already, let's just wait untill the end of this year... ofcourse there will be crap released, but you can't get around that anyway, no matter what year we live in!

I have high hopes.

As for the cheesy/commercial side of full-on, just don't listen to it. The stuff isn't hard to avoid, just don't bother with most crap from phookol, chemical crew, bne, etc - unless you have a pretty good idea you're gonna like it.

Dont know what you people say but 2005 was a great so far with great comps like:

1.Timeless Flash(VA)

2.Boldly Audio(VA)

2.Run Motherfucker,Run(VA)

3.Mushy Mystery(VA)

4.Kindzadza and Friends(VA)

5.A Little Lunacy(VA)

6.Ctrl Alt Delete(VA)

7.Psychedelically Yours(VA)

8.Inner Panic(VA)

And dont forget about the Derango album.Where is it?Is is coming? :unsure:

2005:

va - unusual suspects 2

va - gran turismo kicks (hey not all that bad)

metal sharon

shpongle 3 - nothing lasts

younger brother (late 2005 perhaps???)

pleiadians - explorer

transwave - ???

and hopefully some other surprises

----------------------------------------------------

a new Younger Brother huh? truly interesting :)

as for the year 2005 I'm pretty happy already, Aerolinks new album Skypilot suited my taste perfectly. progressive that is, although the topic was about psy..

also personally I don't feel much for comparing 2 great things to each other, wether 2005 will be worse or better then any other year ain't as relevant as the fact that it's gonna rock ;)

I believe that 2005 will be better than ever. 2003 was definitely a ground-breaking year for me, a lot of good releases throughout the year. 2004 was even better. 2005 won't probably disappoint me either :)

The reason why I feel like this, is that in 2003 the energy and complexity came back to trance and we don't have that much minimal stuff being released anymore (which I think is very nice).

And all of you people who feel like starting the usual "generic-gms-skazi-full-on-is-worse-than-goa-trance-and-we-want-to-have-the-95-back" -rant, please do that somewhere else ;).

Cheers,

Kalle! / Tranceform

And all of you people who feel like starting the usual "generic-gms-skazi-full-on-is-worse-than-goa-trance-and-we-want-to-have-the-95-back" -rant, please do that somewhere else ;).

233141[/snapback]

Eh......sorry boss.Where can i do that? :)

i hope we had the worst with 2002- 2003

2005 = megalopsy

benza

filteria?

It's going to be better, why? Because people will be boared of full on and those who begun listening to full on in 2002-2004 discovered more intelligent music, so the demand for high quality music will be much higher and such artists will be respected more.

New long-awaited releases are to come:

Shpongle

Pleiadians

Ethereal

Transwave

MFG (?)

Filteria

Goasia (I hope)

VA - Fluorotronik

VA - Pure Planet 2

and more releases that are unknown to us...

On the other hand psytrance will be getting more commercial, the positive side of this is that more people will be involved. As I see now many people begin with full on and end up with where it all started.

I hope it's going to be like I've said.

233141[/snapback]

euhm are you talking to us :D:rolleyes::P

It's going to be better, why? Because people will be boared of full on and those who begun listening to full on in 2002-2004 discovered more intelligent music, so the demand for high quality music will be much higher and such artists will be respected more.

233253[/snapback]

so true... just what I'm thinking ;)

Man why do so many people have to get there hate on for full-on? Its a different aspect of the music we all obviously love that has its time and place. Like 4 am, fucked on pills and wanting to grind your teeth the the nub.

Don't get me wrong though...I love all psy :)

Vive le psy revolution.

I already can say a clear no, for the best party I have been to until now has taken place this year.

And BTW, in the last time I register another trend into a much "housier" musical direction ... well, I don't know if it's just me, but I say that soon there will be open a third section which isn't fullon and isn't dark psy techno, but nice danceable morning-tech-trance-touched stuff :wub: