• Electric Universe
    • Psydrop
    • Space Buddha
    • Tellus2
    • Ethereal
    • Ypsilon5
    • Filteria
    • Goasia

Electric Universe reigns supreme for Goa trance, though Filteria is undoubtably the best newcomer who still makes the old style.

Modern Goa trance refers to the hyper-complex and ultra-melodic stuff made in the current era - it may be an old style but it is being done now. Many would argue that there is still a lot of great realms to explore with the Goa approach, and I agree on that. The style was abandoned too soon!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, I thought (officially) there was no definition that could possibily separate goa and psy.

Its difficult, Im not a fan of musical definitions or borders or boundaries as its all one giant separated pigeon-hole. People immediately assume 'I dont like Punk' or 'I dont like Hard Trace or Deep House' when its not really as simple as that, as Im sure all people who love a range of music understand. You kind of get caught up in definitions and forget about artist creativity and the music itself!

Whats worse is that I know definitions are totally necessary in order to talk about and suggest music, to identify with a scene or an event. The problem is music crosses so many boundaries and an artist changes their style over time as they grow personally, that definitions become redundent.

Argh! Its all confusing :D

I just noticed we all forgot TORAKKA.

Shame.

That's one fucking good album he's got there!

In fact... Far Out Express is significant because it takes the old school vibe and actually moves it forward (instead of merely continuing in the same vein, though that is nice too)... for that I have the highest respect for the artist.

Have you heard v/a Goodfellas? It's a Japanese release, and there are a few tracks on that one that are totally oldschool melodic with modern bass and sounds, etc. The Kali track is awesome and uplifting. Some others are excellent too.

I just noticed we all forgot TORAKKA.

Shame.

That's one fucking good album he's got there!

In fact... Far Out Express is significant because it takes the old school vibe and actually moves it forward (instead of merely continuing in the same vein, though that is nice too)... for that I have the highest respect for the artist.

232152[/snapback]

True...Far out express is a Great album indeed :)

I still find Muses rapt to be quite goa too.I don´t personally like the new album that much tho. Rock bitch mafia is Great....pure Goa, just like pleiadians :)

Rock bitch mafia is goatrance with acidtrance influences... still lot's of goa used 303 in the beginning so :rolleyes: ... but green nuns really were the ones who used the most 303 at the same time... but it isn't acidtrance at all...

Have you heard v/a Goodfellas? It's a Japanese release, and there are a few tracks on that one that are totally oldschool melodic with modern bass and sounds, etc. The Kali track is awesome and uplifting. Some others are excellent too.

232173[/snapback]

jep.....i agree

also track no. 8,9

purely goa vibes :)

232173[/snapback]

safe have to check that out thanx :)

I voted for Ethereal, it's very intelligent and emotional, Carl and Fredrik are my favourite artists. But every artist is worth voting for. Also I want to mark Filteria, Ypsilon 5.

You should also check this one Goasia (listen to the samples in all parts of his web-site, they are amazing). I'd even vote for him, because nobody hasn't =( The guy is great. He's released 3 tracks @ VA - Pure Planet and 1 @ VA - Chill On Ice.

Benza should be played in the morning (after "heavy" part of the party) It's usually done like this at our parties and it always makes me smile and simply happy =)

Electric Universe is the more full on than any other artist here but it's very nice =)

We should say thank you to everybody in this list!

BTW, where's Skazi? :blink:

i guess that astral projections music is not goa according to your opinion....

try to ignore the album TEN....

232280[/snapback]

Me? Oh, I think AP are goa. At least theír after-SFX stuff.

The Muses Rapt is Goa. Let's think this way - technically his new album may not be goa, but it's all about the SENSE and SPIRIT!

232305[/snapback]

OK, I'm just listening to another mint goa track... Paul Van Dyk - Avenue.

real goatians know the difference between goa and other psytrance genres... no matter which artist style it is.................................................

232317[/snapback]

It's just "Goans" I think.

Anyway, if you call Muses Rapt (ESPECIALLY the new album!) goa, then Paul Van Dyk is goa too.

As for something completely unrelated, the production on You is so bad even I can match and beat it. I. Me, amateur deluxe. It gives some hope to me of actually get to release a CD sometime.

first of all muses rapt...

the album 'YOU' is definitly psytrance and not goatrance...

His first album is goatrance but also that one was typical juan style...

232173[/snapback]

I've checked it out this is pure fullon... no goa influences what so ever... not even one :(

After reading this thread i tried some artists i didnt know yet, i already knew electric universe and i really love 'cosmic experience', so that'll be my vote, especially after listening to ethereal or talpa. Thats definitely not goatrance, i dunno whats that but not goatrance. They're not my cup of tea at all. Im a goa-addict but can also enjoy some full-on psytrance albums. I'd rather prefer albums like the ones Absolum and Tikal are releasing than those weird hybrids like Ethereal or Talpa. Those structures wont let me trance :huh:

So Electric Universe, then Filteria folks.

i think i'd vote for amithaba buddha .. :) another modern goa-tale i like is etnica - photonic .. if the pleiadians album will be like this (im positive it will since i heard other new unreleased trax from them), then i'm in for a treat!

also listen to our tune with lots of goa influences!

url /copy and paste

www.moai-online.tk/music/moai_-_moontale_[full_moon_edit].mp3

much more in the same vibe is in production. :lol:

also listen to our tune with lots of goa influences!

url /copy and paste

www.moai-online.tk/music/moai_-_moontale_[full_moon_edit].mp3

much more in the same vibe is in production.  :lol:

233104[/snapback]

Or maybe Moai - Chimera.. I still love it Moai! :P

Filteria obvious choice :)

But Goasia sounds very promising.. :)

For the more full-on type of sounds I'd have to say Psydrop.. although EU's "Morning Star" and "The Prayer" are unbeatable when it comes to full-on but Psydrop have a more overall high quality..

Not really in a mood to discuss about these projects but at least i must say that the track Distant Lights(2003 Mix) from Ethereal is a work of art...

234240[/snapback]

so true... one hell of a story B)