• Ethereal
    • Ypsilon5
    • Filteria
    • Goasia

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no Talpa in the list? Khetzal? The Muses Rapt? Synsun? ah well, there are so many more unknown goa trance groups, myst, e-mantra, Equilibrium, Yesood,...

But Filteria takes the first price probably, altough there are many groups that made great music too lately... (soon to be released :P)

well the list sucks again :rolleyes: .... I see no goatrance in psydrop or space buddha but what the heck...

I've got lucky mine is in the list...

definitly ethereal... very initlligent little wave after wave... not trying to be the most melodic like filteria or the longest wave like ypsilon 5... just telling a story and once & while a climax... super :)

no Talpa in the list?

231939[/snapback]

Is Talpa Goa? :blink: His style seems more innovative, intricate, melodic, tricky-crazy psytrance than he does goatrance. His album is great and if its really goa than thats very high up there, but... if Filteria is psychedelic goatrance, than that would make Talpa, er.. Psychedelic psytrance with goatrance influences, or :huh:

I would have to say Filteria, followed by Electric Universe, Ethereal, and Ypsilon5.

If Goasia would release a main album, (with all new, hopefully great, some super songs) I think they have potential to be one of the better or best (one of the best) modern goatrance artists. Some of their work on the Pure Planet comp was well done, and although I felt one or two tracks could have had even more waves and imagination, they surely have talent and I see the potential, but I can't judge them compared to the artists who have relased main albums. So Ypsilon5 was one of the big, goatrance surprises of 2004.

Still waiting to hear new Transwave and MFG albums. I hope at least one of them really brings back goatrance but more modern to what true goatrance trance would sound like today in their excellent styles.

ah well, there are so many more unknown goa trance groups, myst, e-mantra, Equilibrium, Yesood,...

231939[/snapback]

ahaaaaaaa :P ... more secrets revealed :lol:;)

you hit the jackpot... perfect decsription  :)

231965[/snapback]

Cool. ;)

no Talpa in the list? Khetzal? The Muses Rapt? Synsun? ah well, there are so many more unknown goa trance groups, myst, e-mantra, Equilibrium, Yesood,...

But Filteria takes the first price probably, altough there are many groups that made great music too lately... (soon to be released :P)

231939[/snapback]

Talpa : The art of being None is not goa

The Muses Rapt is hard house

Synsun has his unique style but not goa

:rolleyes: ... the muses rapt release from 1998 is what most people call goa my friend  ;)

231960[/snapback]

But that's not modern. (and it's not goa either. but considering how much goa varies... I don't know)

But that's not modern. (and it's not goa either. but considering how much goa varies... I don't know)

231970[/snapback]

yés he's not making goatrance more at the moment... now it's more like melodic trance true...

But I wasn't taking the topic that serious considering the list...

but you're right his latest release isn't goatrance at all ;)

I would Call talpa

"Psychedelic melodic old school altough up to date infected mushroom like goa trance", or has anyone any more ideas for new genres? :P

serious, I think Talpa is pure goa trance, 100%... melodies all over, spiritual touch (the first track etc), good stories, maybe modern productions, but still goa trance...

the same for the muses rapt... not goa trance? i understand when you say it's not your thing, but his album IS goa trance... (it's like CS - Avalanche, astral projection's Another world album etc, more like club trance but no vocals, still the sensitive touch etc...)

About Synsun, his last album was maybe not typical goa trance, but I would still classify it as goa trance... And well, wait and see, he made enough real goa trance lately :P

ahaaaaaaa  :P ... more secrets revealed  :lol:  ;)

231964[/snapback]

well, come and watch my basement... So many secrets! :P

Naah, really, there are alot of groups still making goa trance in the good old style, but they don't get any release-chances... Unfortunately, but we'll do our best to give a chance to some talents :) and well, the same with Avatar, Tranceform, Kagdilia...

the same for the muses rapt... not goa trance? i understand when you say it's not your thing, but his album IS goa trance... (it's like CS - Avalanche, astral projection's Another world album etc, more like club trance but no vocals, still the sensitive touch etc...)

231984[/snapback]

Damn it, if that album is goa then Paul Van Dyk is goa... it's kind of similar. And I'm serious.

I understand if you say it's your thing, but it's not goa. OK... Man With No Name still sounds a bit like goa. But god damn. The Muses Rapt does not. Not in the least. This is melodic trance.

(and trust me, I know melodic when i hear it... I came from that scene!)

Isn`t Man With No Name exactly goa   :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

232019[/snapback]

Regardless of what people think, I still say it's goa with a healthy dose of club trance. A release that really defines my definition of goa is Rock Bitch Mafia by Green Nuns.

Regardless of what people think, I still say it's goa with a healthy dose of club trance. A release that really defines my definition of goa is Rock Bitch Mafia by Green Nuns.

232023[/snapback]

Nah....that was more Acid trance than Goa trance ;)

ok i see there are a lot of votes for Filteria, well do u really believe it's modern goa trance?? sorry it's pure old school, if no one told me if was a 2004 album i would think it s from 97 or 98 ... electric universe got my vote, cosmic experience was a good and modern goa trance album :)