Spectrasonics Trilogy

I'm thinking about buying Spectrasonics Trilogy... supposed to kick ass for bass sounds of all kinds.

I've never seen (heard) it in action and as it is quite an expensive piece of software it would be cool if anyone using/having used it could spill some info on how good it is.

I'm currently using audiorealism bassline which works fine... but it's always nice to fatten up the bass :)

I guess I'm wondering.. is it worth the money??

// boom boom

I'm thinking about buying Spectrasonics Trilogy... supposed to kick ass for bass sounds of all kinds.

I've never seen (heard) it in action and as it is quite an expensive piece of software it would be cool if anyone using/having used it could spill some info on how good it is.

I'm currently using audiorealism bassline which works fine... but it's always nice to fatten up the bass :)

// boom boom

230727[/snapback]

I don't think it is as good as people say it is for bass. It however is kick ass for other sounds. The key is to experiment with the instrument and make some crazy sounds. Try it out first and see what you can do with it. I use the trilogy, but it's never my bassline.

// boom boom

230727[/snapback]

I use it in just about every track I write. The sh101 patch is worth it alone - deep rich analogue bass. The envelopes aren't really suited for dance music, but sampling the notes to audio and plopping them in a sampler fixes that problem.

Trilogy really shines in downtempo though - I just *love* the bass sound of it!

• 2 weeks later...

I would sure like to try it first but there's no demo version available as far as I can see?

231508[/snapback]

Simple cure to that: Download ur own demo form eMule or Kazaa, I would never have bought half my software if I hadn't "demo'd" the full version.

Like H2O say - "Try before buy"