How many records do you own?

ukiro

How many records do you own? Both CD & Vinyl, no copies!  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How many records do you own? Both CD & Vinyl, no copies!

• 1-50
    • 51-100
    • 101-200
    • 201-400
    • 401-600
    • 601-1000
    • 1001-1500
    • 1501-2000
    • 2001-3000
    • 3001-infinity
    • I have absolutely no idea

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my Discogs I currently have 620 electronic pieces in my collection... That number grows almost daily though, and I haven't listed my approximately 1000 other CDs.... So I have about 1600 in total... And I love everyone of them... Along with my 100 DVDs... ;o)

B)

DeathPosture

I currently own about 700-800 pieces of vinyl and CDs in different genres. I've had at least another 500-600 go through my collection and disappear either to being lost or being broke. :rolleyes: then again i used to work at a record store and a radio station. B)

I hope we are talking about "bought" CD's here?

It took me over 10 years to get my collection together, and also quite some money, but then music is the most important thing to me.

232374[/snapback]

Bought records, naturally. If you're getting lots of promos from labels then I think it's fair to count them too, as they're no less "real records". What I do object to is counting MP3s and CD copies.

What did you "vote" btw?

Something between 300-400 I would guess. Havent ever counted them.

Havent bought that many new releases lately, basically because there is not so much great music coming out.

Used to have probably 70-100 more from around 1993-1997 but they were stolen some years back. Shit.

Peace

Bought records, naturally. If you're getting lots of promos from labels then I think it's fair to count them too, as they're no less "real records". What I do object to is counting MP3s and CD copies.

What did you "vote" btw?

232382[/snapback]

Oh, I am no danger to you , yet!

I have somewhere around 800 CD's, but I am buying much more today then some years ago. Also I am getting heavy into DVD's love the old Zeppelin, Floyd, concerts/movies.

well, after 6.5 years of collecting (I'm now 22) I have 742 goa trance cds ( a double cd counted as 1 cd, and plenty of them not yet in discogs, too lazy :s), around 50 ambient cds

Non goa...

at least 100 "old" club trance, acid and acidcore cds... Some folk, classic and ethnic cds as well, but only 15 or something

I'd gues...between 200-300....about 75 percent GOA/PSY TRANCE and the other 25 is HARD/PROG. TRANCE.....

oh shit.....i forgot....i also have about 100 happy hardcore records, that's what i started out spinning years! ago..... ;)

well, after 6.5 years of collecting (I'm now 22) I have 742 goa trance cds ( a double cd counted as 1 cd, and plenty of them not yet in discogs, too lazy :s), around 50 ambient cds

Non goa...

at least 100 "old" club trance, acid and acidcore cds... Some folk, classic and ethnic cds as well, but only 15 or something

232496[/snapback]

Wow 742 goa trance Cd's, that must be about everything ever released.

234271[/snapback]

Not even close... I'm sure there are at least twice as many psy CDs released... Perhaps even three times as many... What do you guys think?

Funny thing....I love goa and i hardly have any CD's.....I think only 2, no joke!

Anything i want i try to track down on vinyl.....and it's super hard these days, cause record companies aren't releasing too much vinyl anymore!!

Not even close... I'm sure there are at least twice as many psy CDs released... Perhaps even three times as many... What do you guys think?

234276[/snapback]

Are you sure, because he said 742 "Goa" Cd's.

That does not include Full-on, Progre..... etc....

ok, I just meant 742 cds that are "psychedelic trance", but at least 500 or more are "real" goa trance... And I think there are MUCH more... (altough it's useless to have them all I think... I have all distance to goas, destination goas, Goa head's and Pulse... So why having the Tantrances?)

But even without the compilations there are at least 500 cds more floating around... Many of them very rare, almost unknown... For instance my latest buy was this cd:

http://www.discogs.com/release/363648

Well, I only found out about the label a few months ago... And I'm sure there are more like that out there... ;)

234271[/snapback]

it is indeed much more... damn the production of goa has been huge...

There was a time when I thought I knew it all but then I just realized it was just the beginning of another journey B)

ok, I just meant 742 cds that are "psychedelic trance", but at least 500 or more are "real" goa trance... And I think there are MUCH more... (altough it's useless to have them all I think... I have all distance to goas, destination goas, Goa head's and Pulse... So why having the Tantrances?)

But even without the compilations there are at least 500 cds more floating around... Many of them very rare, almost unknown...  For instance my latest buy was this cd:

http://www.discogs.com/release/363648

Well, I only found out about the label a few months ago... And I'm sure there are more like that out there... ;)

234799[/snapback]

you´re da man Joske. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say probably 100-130ish 99% of it metal especially death metal. I only have like 2 actual psy CDs Infected Mushroom - the Gathering & Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams. There is no place to get psy stuff here and it sucks. My record store electronic section consists of nothing but club & eurodance crap. :angry:

I've only got 48 cd's...

12 of them are subject to selling (they are crap)

That means 36.

12 non electronic (mainly hiphop, skatepunk, nu metal)

24 electronic records.

About 10 of them trance or chillout.

Gotta buy more.. yarr. My parents won't let me order from psyshop or saikosounds though :(