How many records do you own?

ukiro

How many records do you own? Both CD & Vinyl, no copies!  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How many records do you own? Both CD & Vinyl, no copies!

• 1-50
    • 51-100
    • 101-200
    • 201-400
    • 401-600
    • 601-1000
    • 1001-1500
    • 1501-2000
    • 2001-3000
    • 3001-infinity
    • I have absolutely no idea

OK time to see who's compensating for something ;-) I'll be a prime suspect I guess... For the sake of keeping the results meaningful, please don't count copied CDs or MP3s, only real CDs and vinyls.

I have a lot, but then also listen to music like 10 hours per day. And I'm 26 years old so I've had a few years to build a big collection. Any really young people here with huge collections?Or older people who don't buy records at all?

And please keep the "Physical records are unnecessary in this digital age" arguments to some other thread =)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok my trance records must be...err....10?

Yes i download everything.And there is a good explaination for that.

In my metal years i used to own more than 150 records.And more than 300 tapes.

So all of my money used to go there.And i mean all of them.

Then the metal era ended and so was my thirst for original cds.Since i can just change my style in 1 or 3 or 10 years,im not doing it again....

If anyone wants ultra rare black metal records,PM me ;)

Psy CDs should be around 900 I think, so all in all it should be about 1300 (CDs only). My vinyls you can count on 2 hands. I really have to cut it down a bit, because I´m absolutely running out of space in my room. :P

Psy CDs should be around 900 I think, so all in all it should be about 1300 (CDs only). My vinyls you can count on 2 hands. I really have to cut it down a bit, because I´m absolutely running out of space in my room.  :P

230371[/snapback]

You should list them on Discogs... or maybe you do already?

And Gnome, I was thinking this should be for all genres, not just trance =) And if you've got a list of BM to sell, feel free to pass it my way!

103 or something. Would be more, but I trade away everything I am tired of. When I get a job later on, that number is going to explode. :)

You should list them on Discogs... or maybe you do already?

230381[/snapback]

I do, you can have a look at it here: my discogs

however it´s far from being complete, a lot of older and newer CDs are missing. And mainly electronic music is listed there... so far.

I use Discogs, but haven't catched up so much yet with adding my own records. Lol, noticed i have put much more effort on my Wantlist than the Collection right now, as it's almost bigger than my actual properties.

I don't think i have over 1000 records yet, but thats a guess. They take so much space in my apartment so maybe there are over thousand releases by now. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, at a guess about 350 or so.

Probably about 200 indie/rock and about 150 electronic, although my days of buying lots of indie are behind me and most new purchases are psy/chill, so the proportion is going on up...

CD buying exploded when I gained employment, but has calmed down a bit these days!

I lost count. I think I've got around 700 vinyls and maybe 300 CDs... pure guess-work however. I have 800-something in discogs but there are so many gaps. I got a bit weary of waiting three weeks to find out my release submission was rejected because I wrote 'vs' without a period :huh:

You win this round, ukiro! *makes a timely getaway on an anti-gravity sled*

Guest Astro Cortex

I have 800-something in discogs but there are so many gaps. I got a bit weary of waiting three weeks to find out my release submission was rejected because I wrote 'vs' without a period

Indeed this is f*cking annoying with discogs, but it's cool that you can also add your draft releases to your collection.

You win this round, ukiro! *makes a timely getaway on an anti-gravity sled*

230513[/snapback]

haha! naaah, we just have to get Åke in here...

Who could this "Åke" be? Username please.

230599[/snapback]

Åke Stormbringer Storm, a good friend of mine with an insane amount of records even by my standards. He's got about 1000 additional ones that aren't in Discogs, as well.

Åke Stormbringer Storm, a good friend of mine with an insane amount of records even by my standards. He's got about 1000 additional ones that aren't in Discogs, as well.

230647[/snapback]

The difference isn't really that big. 2000, 3000... it all melts together at those amounts. :ph34r:

I voted for 200 to 400 hundred. Could be a bit more, but almost for sure less than 500. CDs only. No vinyls here.

They are mostly classical, jazz, and chillout. Less original trance, although almost all the Iboga and D.S. releases are here as well as the later Suomi releases (very few so far, but increasing). Lately, I have almost completely stopped bying trance; money goes into other music now.

Also a couple of hundred mp3 rips, but they don't really get the attention they used to.

230647[/snapback]

Damn, where is he? He used to have great taste and it always was a joy to read his reviews. Where has he disappeared to?

The difference isn't really that big. 2000, 3000... it all melts together at those amounts.  :ph34r:

230651[/snapback]

Not jsut 3000, but 3700, and as I said he has like 1000 more that those listed on Discogs. He has more than twice as many records as I do, and I have many.

He's not even halfway to the craziest collections on Discogs though, but I just mentioned him as an example of someone who can dwarf my collection.

Damn, where is he? He used to have great taste and it always was a joy to read his reviews. Where has he disappeared to?

230700[/snapback]

He's been busy being a moderator on Discogs, and he has now become one of the chosen few who are editors. I think they are like 13 in total. So he's sort of a key figure there. I'll see if I can talk him into joining this forum though, he's got about 100 records to pick at my place anyway =)