Dark psychedelic Drum N Bass?

Empty Space

Hey guys, I've posted this question a long time ago, and since there are a lot of new faces, maybe someone can recommend to me any good dark psychedelic jungle/ drum n bass?

I'm not too familiar with most of it happening right now. I'm looking for stuff similar to Dom + Roland, or even any good drum n bass such as Squarepusher, LTJ Bookem or Roni Size... But preferably something dark, LOUD and trippy :D

I'm not really a fan of most stuff going on, but I like any electronic music that is edgy, dark and trippy.

Bring forth your suggestions, please!

amon tobin, u-ziq, aphex twin for classics

panacea's first two albums are super dark and pounding

black sun empire for newer stuff

First of all, a lot of Drum and Bass Livesets you can find here:

http://andruxin.r2.ru/cgi-bin/liveset/livs...sort_stl&stl=12

http://www.drumandbass.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7244 (here I dont know if those are all DnB sets)

Like dmtree said Black Sun Empire is quite nice, you can get their "Oktmix" from that site :) ... dont have so much experience with that style but you can try these mixes.

much twisted mentioned, good stuff.

Here i felt like collecting some nice 'classic' dnb tracks (without that much bright atmospheres and vocals that tends to happen much in dnb ;o)

Grooverider - Where's Jack The Ripper , dark 'psy sounds' ;)

Future Prophecies - Electronic Funk , banging with some twisted leads

Teebee - Capable, ok nevermind the vocals, dark leads and basses makes it swing gr8

Concord Dawn - Take Me Away , supersaw melodies

Ed Rush & Optical - Flightpath , acid drops and sharp lead

Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Cutslo [Lokuste Mix] , old heavy shit

Dillinja - Cybotron Anthem , just a bit ruffer than everything else

Ram Trilogy - Gridlock , bouncy black steps

Usual Suspects - Killa Bees , look out for those dangerous bees

Teebee - Human Reptile , clinic techniques

Optical - The Shining [Ed Rush & Optical Remix] , like the movie

Roni Size - Snapshot , fat sequences

Shy Fx - Bambaata , percussive

Dillinja - Acid Track , heavy

Ed Rush & Nico - Proton , heavier

Usual Suspects - Shrapnel [stakka & Skynet Remix] , breezy leads

Adam F - Metropolis [Doc Scott Remix] , classy

Basement Jaxx -- Fly Life [Roni Size Flyzs Mix] , rolling

Krust & Saul Williams - Coded Language , poetric

TrÜby Trio - A Go Go , well it's not dark.. mmm ok happy but good ;)

Teebee vs Future Prophecies - Dimentional Entity , nice mood

David Holmes - Gone [Pfm Mix] , beautiful atmospheric melodic progressive d&b!

Photek - Rings Around Saturn , floating sounds and surgeon clinical sharp rhythms

so much sweet out there, so the obvious classics may be left out (ltj bukem, krust, goldie, blame, playford, jonny l, dom & roland, high contrast, dj marky, ganja kru, london elektricity, ez rollers, reprazent ..etc). And i also focused most on d&b in the 90's myself, not catching up that much of whats happening now unfort...

Diesel Boy

Kemal

Amon Tobin

Squarepusher

Bad Company

But there is one compilation that it exactly fits your description - dark, psychedelic drum and bass...KILLA BITES...But, don't worry, it is not 'that' kind of killaah, it is pure dementia of trancey wild rhythms and jungle crazyness...A MUST...

Black Sun Empire rules! definitely get some of that. Last summer, I heard them open up for Astral Projection at a festival, it was absolutely mind blowing. I wasn't even on anything.

And yes, get some Venetian Snares! It's the work of my buddy, Aaron Funk. I think "Horse and Goat" is his best work to date, and "songs about my cats" rules too. His new one is pretty cool too, I can relate.... Winnipeg is a frozen shithole! He really is the best thing to ever come out of this screwed up city.

Black Sun Empire rules! definitely get some of that. Last summer, I heard them open up for Astral Projection at a festival, it was absolutely mind blowing. I wasn't even on anything.

230290[/snapback]

I second that, check out their album called "Driving insane", apart from that I can recommend:

- Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole (their best album imo)

- Technical Itch - Diagnostics (great dark stuff)

- Panacea - Low profile darkness

- Dom & Roland of course

Amon Tobin !!!!

Saw him DJ and I shat myself! He mixes off 3 turntables, and there are always 2 tracks running on top of each other at any given time! :o Harsh!

I head his new Soundtrack for Splinter Cell 3 and it's scary! :(

lots of good stuff already mentioned above, but i'd like to add the new breakcore master;

Xanopticon!

check out his 'liminal space' album, insane dark complex drum n bass/breakcore beats, more fucked up but yet more intelligent then venetian snares his fucked up works!

im listening some xanopticon now.. i think im bleeding from my ears

230645[/snapback]

:D good choice though, i'm so in love with the last song of liminal space, it's called 'Capacitd' and it has BEAUTIFULL string arrangements at the end of the song... (starts somewhere around 5m58s) it gives me the shivers in a good way

want freaky drum & bass:

check these guys:

yakari gear

manki

Darth fader

shamaniacs

they have some pretty good (or weird :P ) Dnb.

Best Dnb Dj imo is Andy C, but it's been 5 year since i listened to Dnb. I don't know what happened to that guy now.

He always played on very decent speed, real crazy Dnb no funky shit with percussion, good mixing skillz.

I've still got some mixtapes of him around here somewhere.... very good btw :P

now very seriously,, if want good DARK and TRippy d&b the look no further tha COUNTERSTRIKE !! they are a south african band from cape town - music right up my alley - label called ALGORYTHM

buy vinyls http://www.djnexus.com/main_view.cfm/a/88425/Counterstrike

they also just releaseed a singles cd compilation with all the vinyl track on it :)

read about http://www.thebreakdown.co.za/issues/issue...terstrike.shtml

ciao then :)

enjoy