Categorizing

Dryad

hey all,

I am making a cd called "MANA" that is going to be broken up into 3 big tracks of 4 beat mixed songs for a total of 12 songs. I want each "track" to be a different category of psy, so that the album ends up being a "journey through psy".

I got the idea from reading Dragon Lance books as a kid. In the Dragon Lance world, there are 3 moons; a white moon (good), a red moon (neutral) and a black moon (evil). Therefore, the 3 tracks on my cd will represent 3 sides of psy; good, neutral, and evil.

I need some ideas for the three categories. What kind of feelings do you get from certain tracks?

I'm pretty sure the red moon will be techy; platform, the delta, fuzzion, stuff like that.

The black moon is pretty obvious; psyfactor, azax, ghreg on earth, psychotic micro and so forth.

I'm having trouble with the white moon though. I want it to be "good", but not too trancey. I'm thinking stuff like jupiter 8000, but i need more ideas.

thanx

Dryad

What about Jaia? Astrix? Yahel? Chi A.D.? Lucy in Space with Diamonds? Nissimyani? Silicon Sound? Xerox?

Dont know if they are exactly what you were looking for, but I would categorize these as the more lighter Psy. The problem is, in general Psy is not so light. It would be much easier for me to find Dark Psy than 'Light Psy'.

ummm dark psy? How about Delta, Dark Soho, Xenomorph, Battle of the Future Buddhas? Spirallianz even?

Even Juno Reactor, Infected Mushroom and X-Dream have some pretty dark tracks as well.

And happy psy? Astral Projection anyone? or maybe Infected Mushroom? Astrix, as cybernetika said?

Neutral psy will be harder... or maybe the ones I mentioned for lighter psy are more neutral psy...

Let us know your decisions when it is done!

I realize this might not be the breakdown you are looking for (judging from the choices you give); but this gave me a good idea, and I might try this one.

My breakdown would be (I would up it to 14 tracks for just less than 80 minutes):

Starting with red

1. Export Audio - Sexy Angel

2. Antix - Blood

3. Phony Orphants - Scrachi

4. Beat Bizarre - Brain Drain rmx or not

5. Sensient - Phobial

Black

6. Neoris - Nosferatu

7. Midi Miliz - something grinding from Antistat

8. SCS - Proxima from Eyes Rolling

9. Etnoscope - Nordic Fury

White

10. Bigwigs - Papa gejos

11. Mumbo Jumbo - the D'Oh track

12. Haltya - Hero

13. Vibrasphere - Newport

14. Son Kite - Focus (Shiloh rmx)

You think it would work?

I realize this might not be the breakdown you are looking for (judging from the choices you give); but this gave me a good idea, and I might try this one.

My breakdown would be (I would up it to 14 tracks for just less than 80 minutes):

Starting with red

1. Export Audio - Sexy Angel

2. Antix - Blood

3. Phony Orphants - Scrachi

4. Beat Bizarre - Brain Drain rmx or not

5. Sensient  - Phobial

Black

6. Neoris - Nosferatu

7. Midi Miliz - something grinding from Antistat

8. SCS - Proxima from Eyes Rolling

9. Etnoscope - Nordic Fury

White

10. Bigwigs - Papa gejos

11. Mumbo Jumbo - the D'Oh track

12. Haltya - Hero

13. Vibrasphere - Newport

14. Son Kite - Focus (Shiloh rmx)

You think it would work?

230253[/snapback]

you got the idea right with the white. ya, vibra, and son kite... good idea. maybe some cosma too just to do the usual "rest in peace" thing at the end of the album.

i think your idea of red is a little too proggy for my idea of red. (although i frickin love sensient and beat biz.)

Empty Space, good selection for dark stuff. i definitely gotta throw dark soho "karbalos" in there. good call! I don't want the white to be happy psy... just enlightening... you know. (no astrix...blah!) although silicon sound can be alright sometimes.

thanks for the input people. keep it comin. when its done i'll throw the mix up on an ftp for everyone to check out.