UNS2 finally available

Guest antic

Guest antic

Well, the title says it all, but here's the link:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/twi/twi1cd022.html

The worst thing is, that it was released two months ago in Japan and by now most people have it off P2P networks (I know I do).After two weeks of seeing it on DC++ and not being able to buy it I decided to download it just to try how is it. Now I won't probably buy it. Not because I have it in mp3, but because I know it's much below my expectations. Funny thing is, I would buy it without even slightest doubt if it was available simultanously in other coutries too...

Guest antic

Damn! I'm a weak man :angry:

After five minutes of thinking and quick re-listen of mp3's I decided to place an order in psyshop.com to buy UNS2 (along with new Cosmosis and Tsunami Benefit CD)... It's still Twisted Rec, so it'll grow on me :D

The worst thing is, that it was released two months ago in Japan and by now most people have it off P2P networks (I know I do).After two weeks of seeing it on DC++ and not being able to buy it I decided to download it just to try how is it. Now I won't probably buy it. Not because I have it in mp3, but because I know it's much below my expectations. Funny thing is, I would buy it without even slightest doubt if it was available simultanously in other coutries too...

230015[/snapback]

Have the same dilemma.

Don't know yet if i'll buy it

230015[/snapback]

These days I always listen (read download) to the music before I buy anything, there's just too much crap out there, and unfortunately UnS2 wasn't that interesting.

Finally! I have to admit I 'acquired' this, and totally love it. Not sure how I'd catagorise it, some of it isn't that psy, but its a great record...and so I have just ordered it.

In that sort of mood, added Younger Brother and some Tristan too. Hell, what are bonuses for!

Still don't know what the delay was? Still problems with distribution? Glad its sorted out anyway.....any bets on when Shpongle3 will be with us?

...wasn't that interesting?

Come on guys, Epic Hair, Oscar, Lost and Profound are real gems! Overall one of the best psytrance comps in a long time.

230677[/snapback]

Oscar and Lost and Profund are indeed really good, but two tunes are not enough to label it interesting, at least not in my book. All the Posford collaborations where huge dissapointments, especially the Metal Sharon tune, really lame.

I find this follow-up album to a respectful, popular comp disappointing and lacking in creativity and just being super-catchy or bringing something innovative to the table overall. Many people seem to agree that this album is not all that. I just don't find it as imaginative or catchy as its predecessor. The first one was so much better for its time, and its fair to compare that to this. Artists like Hallucinogen, Younger Brother, and Prometheus; I've enjoyed their work very much on their main album(s). Why so many of these tracks seem so not interesting or exciting is a delemma. <_<

Lets see:

Epic Hair by Younger Brother is a decent, nice song, okay so maybe its a pretty good one but he's done much better. I'm still waiting for his follow-up main album to Flock of Bleeps.

Long Arms by Audio Chemistry is okay. Thats all I can say right now.

Stretch Tastic by Hallucinogen and Triston is cool, but considering this is coming from Hallucinogen, I expect so much more.

Oscar by Prometheus is pretty good, nice melodies and such, but nothing spectacular.

Lost and Profound by Tristan is decent I suppose, just not all THAT interesting.

Balloon Dance by Metal Sharon (who the hell is that??!) is just pointless techno crap.

Grow More Pot by Tristan and Prometheus is pretty good, but by now I've lost interest.

Black Ops by Hikmori is an okay ending track. The ending song could have been so much more memorable.

There is like only one or two tracks that I would consider putting close to good, and there doesn't seem to be one great or REALLY surperb track on this album I feel. I think that many of you realize thats its not entirely bad, it just could have been much better and its a disappointment for what it is. <_<

Balloon Dance by Metal Sharon (who the hell is that??!) is just pointless techno crap.

230995[/snapback]

apparently metal sharon is the long anticipated simon vs eat static collaboration. so much for that then :)

this is from a simon interview on the hallucinogen site:

"Your collaboration album with Merv Peppler of Eat Static is up for release on Twisted. Someone said it might not be what most people would expect, so could you give us some hints to what we can expect?"

"umm.. i don't know really... we just had fun in the studio, trying to make each other laugh... if one of us worked on our own on a mix, that would be the test: it had to make the other person laugh, when they heard it. it is called 'Metal Sharon', and all i can say is...it sounds like `Metal Sharon`!"

I've listened to samples and it's not only promising, but also very far from techno.  :rolleyes:

231005[/snapback]

Quite so! Very far away....

I reckon if this had been put out by anyone else but Mr. Posford et al, then people would think it was great, rather than average. High expectations and all that... Just my 2p worth anyway.

And I think its great regardless....considerably better than a lot of very hyped albums I have ended up buying this last year. But that of course could just be a matter of my personal taste.

Blimey, musical taste in being subjective shocker!! ;)

[edit] and Oscar by Prometheus is definitely my favourite track at the moment...very much stuck in my head.

'I find this follow-up album to a respectful, popular comp disappointing and lacking in creativity and just being super-catchy or bringing something innovative to the table overall. Many people seem to agree that this album is not all that'

....Whatever.... :rolleyes:

THIS is what psytrance is all about. The only thing that pisses me off about this compilation is the unbelievable delay of its release. <_<

But all good things come to those who wait. :lol:

11th of May is my birthday :D

anyways I blew big money on dvd writer yesterday... hm I must buy this asap anyways.. I'll starve to death :(

231125[/snapback]

You always have those... whaddyacallem... salvation army, and their soup kitchens. Go there. :)

I reckon if this had been put out by anyone else but Mr. Posford et al, then people would think it was great, rather than average. High expectations and all that... Just my 2p worth anyway.

231054[/snapback]

Yes, it would be very good if it was a debut release, but it isn't. Keep in mind that it's a release by the veterans of our scene, and they bring nothing new or exciting, except maybe Tristan.