Recommend some dark, trippy, EVIL-sounding trance.

Capitalizt

hey folks, newbie here. I am hoping you can share your wisdom and help me find some good selections. I'm not certain how to categorize my favorite music, but I believe it would be considered "Dark GOA/Psy-trance" by most people.

My favorite groups so far:

Infected Mushroom

Hallucinogen

Shpongle

Juno Reactor

Dark Soho

I really love evil and creepy-sounding tunes...songs with a buildup from beginning to end...not just drum and bass from the start. I am looking for anything similar to the groups mentioned above. Anything with deep riffs, freaky sound effects, and a good melody would be great.

Trance that messes with your brain and makes you feel disturbed and uncomfortable...Or the kind that gets you pumped up and makes you feel like an evil, crazy, all-powerful maniac...(music that makes you laugh because it is so damn goooood)

THAT is what I'm looking for. ;)

Your thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Children Of Paradise - Urban Alien

Cydonia _ In Fear Of Red Planet

Talamasca - Beyond The Mask

Psychaos - Cause And Effect

UX - Ultimate Experience

MFG - Project Genesis

Sandman - Witchkraft

Delta - Scizzoeffective

Spirallianz - Stereopark

BOTFB - Demonizer

X - Dream - Radio

Slide - Unstable

Haldolium - Deagua

Tristan - Audiodrome

Deviant Species - Hatch

Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare

These are all old school releases...If you want some new, fresh evil trance, browse on psyshop, there is at least 3 new EVIL albums coming out every day....All I mentioned are true classics and they are various genre, from goa to minimal...enjoy...;)

In this topic link...

you can find a lot of links to threads filled with examples of dark psy... lot's of work has been done... enjoy  :)

229508[/snapback]

hi im new as well, and i want to get into psy. Im a huge prog house/breaks addict but want to get into something new!! and what really interests me is Dark Psy with tribal influences if anyone could please give me some recommendations..also new psy tracks? maybe theres a link to a thread about it thanks!

Guest The Journey Man Project

Just check out the following labels:

Deja Vu

Discovalley

Doof

Qlippoth

Mistress Of Evil

and for some minimal dark tech:

Gravity Plus

Boshke Beats

Horns and Hoof

and also the artits Opsis just has a new album out that is dark and techy...

also for some twsted funk Zenon Records.

hi im new as well, and i want to get into psy. Im a huge prog house/breaks addict but want to get into something new!! and what really interests me is Dark Psy with tribal influences if anyone could please give me some recommendations..also new psy tracks? maybe theres a link to a thread about it thanks!

229538[/snapback]

I can maybe suggest to try Zenon and Groove Zone releases for twisted dark psy with tribal influences. Also give Etnoscope - Nordic Fury (from Dusty Nation 2) and basically anything by Etnoscope (not so dark but helluva tribal)

The all-time sinister psytrance classic:

X-Dream - Panic in Paradise

This song is pure darkness. This new wave of supposed "dark trance" is all flowers and fluffy bunnies in comparison. :ph34r:

The all-time sinister psytrance classic:

X-Dream - Panic in Paradise

This song is pure darkness.  This new wave of supposed "dark trance" is all flowers and fluffy bunnies in comparison.  :ph34r:

229719[/snapback]

Something similar:COP - Troll.

More 'mystic" than 'dark".

Another good album in the darker end of the psy-spectrum:

Haldolium - H2 (especially the tracks Nega.tif, Motion and Heliotropin :blink: )

Also, look for albums by Magnetrixx and S.U.N. Project... :unsure: Hmmm... The Germans seem to be dominating this genre...

As for single tracks, look for Deflo's old (and incredibly hard-to-find) masterpieces 'Tio Mate' and 'Implacable' - they are monstrous! The best thing to come out of France since wines and babes :)

Dark Nebula

Miraculix

Does anyone know where I can get Scatterabrain - Mexican Jesus??

230976[/snapback]

No, but I know where you can get Dark Nebula's remix, on Alkaloid's compilation True Reality?

And if you know where the sample in that track came from, I will be very grateful

229538[/snapback]

I suggest some classic Wizzy Noise! Well it's techy... but it's good, might be what you're looking for. Very rhythmic and pounding stuff.

Stereo Electric (2004)

Elecktro Theatre (2003)

Cyclotron (2002)

Cybermancy (2000)

I'd give their first 2 albums (Cyclotron, Cybermancy) a try. Although they all are pretty good I think... This is definitely different than house/breaks.

Children Of Paradise - Urban Alien

Cydonia _ In Fear Of Red Planet

Talamasca - Beyond The Mask

Psychaos - Cause And Effect

UX - Ultimate Experience

MFG - Project Genesis

Sandman - Witchkraft

Delta - Scizzoeffective

Spirallianz - Stereopark

BOTFB - Demonizer

X - Dream - Radio

Slide - Unstable

Haldolium - Deagua

Tristan - Audiodrome

Deviant Species - Hatch

Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare

These are all old school releases...If you want some new, fresh evil trance, browse on psyshop, there is at least 3 new EVIL albums coming out every day....All I mentioned are true classics and they are various genre, from goa to minimal...enjoy...;)

229486[/snapback]

as always seraph , as always heheh , hugs man. ;)

evil and creepy-sounding tunes??

then xenomorph is the name. he is the one of the only guys outthere i think that make that kind of stuff. :) and the now old sandman album witchcraft from 1998 is very cool to.