Top 10 2005 cd

Ale

Shpongle - Nothing Lasts

Various - Unusual Suspects 2

Various - Gran Turismo 4 Kicks

That's about it really, the rest of the psy albums I've had in 2005 have been exceedingly disappointing and listed on ebay within weeks of buying them.

I've said it before but 2005 has been the worst year for psy-trance, it's just been so generic.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Journey Man Project

1. Midi Miliz - "Non Standards (G+)" (Pure Bliss!!)

2. V.A - "Chronika Chapter 2 (Boshke Beats)"

3. V.A - "Idea F.X (Horns & Hoof)"

4. V.A - "Psychiatric Hospital Ahead (Nabi Records)"

5. V.A - "Twisted Goblins and Crazy Pixies (Trishula)"

6. V.A - "Inner Circle (Tribal Vision)"

That would be it for my year so :P

nice list Journey Man! :)

1. Midimiliz - "Non Standards" (G+)

2. V/A "Chronika Chapter 2" (Boshke)

3. V/A "Idea FX" (Horns & Hoofs)

4. Metalogic - "Magnetic Influence" (Boshke)

5. V/A "Cocoon Compilation E" (Cocoon)

6. Solvent - "Elevators And Oscillators" (Ghostly International)

only 6 so far.. still waiting for new albums from Fuzzion and Atmos

Hard to say, I've bought a lot of albums but I'm not so sure if the ones I'm going to mention are all from 2005. If not, I'm open for corrections... ;-)

Nystagmus of course...

v/A - Exotica

Orion - Electronic Behaviour (again I'm not sure about the title...)

v/A - Apsara

Schädelleuchten - 2005

I'm sure there are more, need to check at home...

VA - Lethal Doses is an awesome dark psy cd.

but my fav cd of this year is definitely tha ambient masterpiece Elemental Journey. 10/10.

(*btw....nothing lasts is shit ....ok? ;)  *)

381167[/snapback]

Elemental Journey? Never heard of! Artist?

i've searched for ure comment about nothing lasts, lol

383139[/snapback]

That cd just missed the mark for me. It started off good and then trailed off into abysmal.

Are you sphongled is the best album by far. They should have kept to that style.

That cd just missed the mark for me. It started off good and then trailed off into abysmal.

Are you sphongled is the best album by far. They should have kept to that style.

383143[/snapback]

yeh, ditto, never got around actually getting it, there's wayyy better psy/chill compilations out there:

V/A - Portal of perceptions being one... v/a - Tiger, man, personally.. v/a albedo was better...

383143[/snapback]

ure just poisoned because are u shpongled was revolutionary.

i heard all 3 albums this year and i can say tales was the best.

and nothing lasts was great, cant understand what u didnt like, the only negative that i find is that it's divided to 20 songs.

well no 1 so far is kaya project - elixir

rest i have to think of,, theres billion chill collections with few great tracks and rest totally meaningles in from other ear out from other leving nothing behind example va - albedo, va - portal of perception, va - soul vibration, va - quality relaxation, va - earth octave lounge 2, va - dissolving clouds, va - chill on this, va - chill on that etc etc ,, maybe my taste on chill has became too selective but thats how i see it

383143[/snapback]

I appreciate you didn't like Nothing Lasts and agree when you say Are you Shpongled is the better album but definately feel the style needed to change. The whole point of art is to do something once then try your hand at something else.

and nothing lasts was great, cant understand what u didnt like, the only negtavie that i find is that it's divided to 20 songs.

383145[/snapback]

It is indeed great, a unique piece of music and a natural evolution of Tales of the Inexpressible. The 20 tracks thingy I don't mind as I always think of it as one long track with reoccurring themes.

It is indeed great, a unique piece of music and a natural evolution of Tales of the Inexpressible. The 20 tracks thingy I don't mind as I always think of it as one long track with reoccurring themes.

383151[/snapback]

me too, but im not always interested of hearing a 67 minutes track, so if it was divided to 7-10 long tracks it was great.

I guess you also have to wait for the more 'official' poll on Isratrance that i host every year :)

380759[/snapback]

that poll is total crap imo.. basically only killarghs, which is understandable since we're talking about isratrance... not to mention the fact that in the end all results get deleted and only the 'most voted' are there.. which sucks because the good thing about these tops is that you see some artists you like in someone's list, and you see other artists you dont know about in the same list, and sometimes it happens that you really like these other names you didnt know... and if only the 'pop tops' are available, its bullshit...

yip. i do. its a crap cd. too many low points.

381243[/snapback]

yes, shpongle cd is crap.. there are many other chill cds that are much better

rest i have to think of,, theres billion chill collections with few great tracks and rest totally meaningles in from other ear out from other leving nothing behind example va - albedo, va - portal of perception, va - soul vibration, va - quality relaxation, va - earth octave lounge 2, va - dissolving clouds, va - chill on this, va - chill on that etc etc ,, maybe my taste on chill has became too selective but thats how i see it

383147[/snapback]

I agree, towelie, that many chill cds have some very nice tracks and some really meaningless crappy tracks, so the cds do not stand out...

so my top cds for this year for now is

Antix - tcd

Kaya Project - elixir

383147[/snapback]

couldn't be any more WORD :)