Shift Interview

yantra

Psylosophy: Before anything else, could you please introduce yourself?

Shift: Hi my name's Chris Hoy. I’m 26 from Cape Town, South Africa.

Psylosophy: Your sound is unique and you're seen as one of the best psytrance producers coming from South Africa and probably the rest of the world as well. What do you have to say about it? How does that make you feel?

Shift: Well, I’d be silly if I said that didn’t sound nice... Yeah, it makes me feel good and honored to be respected for doing what I love.

Psylosophy: What are your influences when it comes to producing?

Shift: All music influences me. I listen to the radio a lot these days and I come from a rock background. I’m constantly trying to expand my range of trance and non-trance production skills (making house and breaks also, now) so I can't really say there's any one major influence, but I really dig the music of Absolum, Marilyn Manson, Prodigy, Britney Spears and Thievery Corporation.

Psylosophy: What led you into producing Psychedelic music?

Shift: The age of love, tsuyoshi, vortex, LSD, and the Delta/X-Dream.

Psylosophy: If you could choose someone (dead or alive) to work with on a track, who would that person be?

Shift: Marilyn Manson.

Psylosophy: You´re the man behind Nexus Media. How did that project come up?

Shift: Well I needed an outlet for my music and something that I could control and create the vibe around to promote my choice of music (especially new artists - not just from south africa) to listeners around the globe. There’s not a lot of money in the CD but it helps us get gigs :)

Psylosophy: Your second album is coming out on Crystal Matrix Records. Why Crystal?

Shift: They got a good release history and I feel they can offer me more exposure to more listeners. They came to me with a good offer and some nice gigs so I said "Why not?".

Check out the complete interview in http://www.psylosophy.com

Psylosophy: What are your influences when it comes to producing?

Shift: All music influences me. I listen to the radio a lot these days and I come from a rock background. I’m constantly trying to expand my range of trance and non-trance production skills (making house and breaks also, now) so I can't really say there's any one major influence, but I really dig the music of Absolum, Marilyn Manson, Prodigy, Britney Spears and Thievery Corporation.

]

228877[/snapback]

Britney Spears? :huh: wtf ? :blink:

A man that finds inspiration in the music of Britney Spears can't be taken seriously. Unless it was a joke of course.....  :rolleyes:

229436[/snapback]

I've heard him talk about this before. :lol: She has great production, the best money can buy. :D A good reference for mastering and final mix and stuff. One of the other Twisted guys told me that he references Britney before!

So maybe it's because of her production. Combined with her sexual magnetism ;)

If the men likes britney that's he's right... I like britney too but not because of her music :D

but still... I say fuck off shift... I have too :unsure: ... It's all about building imag you know B)

So maybe it's because of her production. Combined with her sexual magnetism ;)

229500[/snapback]

most definatley her production guys..no doubt thats sweet, but sexual magnetism? P-Lease!! she's about as sexually magnetic as a bread roll

ps. and her eyes are too close together

but production is Phaaat..oh yes!

most definatley her production guys..no doubt thats sweet, but sexual magnetism? P-Lease!! she's about as sexually magnetic as a bread roll

ps. and her eyes are too close together

but production is Phaaat..oh yes!

231938[/snapback]

I never really noticed her eyes!

Posted Image

• 1 year later...