Possibly the best track ever

Cinos

NAVRAS

It's seriously the most beautiful, glorious freaking track in a long, long time! It's the best Juno have ever made, and it's definetely in my top 5 of all time, only beaten by perhaps Shpongle...

Yup, it's a freaking religious experience. If you haven't heard it... well, hear it!

I could say it this way: It's just as wonderful as the first Matrix movie was. And that's a lot.

That track is amazing i agree, anyway Labyrinth is by far the more mature album from Juno, and a very musical album also, a real piece of music. Best album of Juno reactor by far IMO.

Edit : I thought you were talking about Zwara :) personally i prefer Zwara, and Conquistador II on this album ;)

That track is amazing i agree, anyway Labyrinth is by far the more mature album from Juno, and a very musical album also, a real piece of music. Best album of Juno reactor by far IMO.

Edit : I thought you were talking about Zwara :) personally i prefer Zwara, and Conquistador II on this album ;)

229004[/snapback]

I'm actually just waiting for the album, it's on it's way. And until then, I've decided to only download ONE mp3 of it... so I'll have to wait with deciding if Zwara is better!

Does Labyrinth mix with psytrance at all or is it too far out of that domain? I'm trying to wrap my head around it before picking it up...

229226[/snapback]

I'd say yes, it's more psy than it's another genre. But Juno is pretty uncategorizable.

I'll try:

Electronic Orchestral Tribal World Trance with a psy touch.

I have to agree with Insejn here! Clockwork Orange is a piece of art and that music in it is just bjutiful! :D Really awesome movie...can't get tired of it :)

Ludwig Van's 9th rocks haha :D

And about JR...well Labyrinth is good sure (Conquistador II !!!) but I prefer Shango and Transmissions big time over that album.

I really think JR has very much to do if they want to top Shango, that album is just, wouw! :) ... but they probably won't do same kind of album anymore...shame :)

Shango is way overrated, it's Junos worst album up to date.It does contain a few gems, (masters of the universe, song for ancestors) but that's not enough to make it better than other Juno albums.

Shango is way overrated, it's Junos worst album up to date.It does contain a few gems, (masters of the universe, song for ancestors) but that's not enough to make it better than other Juno albums.

I don't know about that... It's definitely not psytrance in the linear sense (as in, it can't really be mixed into a DJ set). But then most JR isn't. Labyrinth and Shango are sort of cut from the same cloth, they are more expanded into world music and there isn't too many tracks that are speedy, pumped up psytrancefests. More like just. good. music.

Track picks from Shango~

Pistolero (gotta love the progressing melody, spanish guitars and samples)

Masters Of The Universe (that female vocal kind of gets on my nerves though)

Nitrogen Part 1 (with Alex Patterson; best track on the album! One of the best electronic psychedelic tunes from the last 5 years. I love everything about this track!)

Nitrogen Part 2 (more standard track; just a cool driving track, nice bassline)

Song For Ancestors (more of a deep slow spiritual track, eastern melodies, nice arrangement of rhythms)

Clockwork Orange is a very good movie with VERY good music :)

I also have this poster on the wall.

Posted Image

229135[/snapback]

I don't think you got my reference. The Matrix Revolutions was a terrible movie and has the track Navras by Juno Reactor in it. In "A Clockwork Orange", Alex is forced into associating sex, violence, the "in-out, in-out", rape, AND BEETHOVEN with pain/agony/nausea. So when he hears Beethoven later, he becomes ill and jumps out of the 3rd floor window (after he's been locked up there by the husband of the woman he raped earlier). So I was saying that I associate Navras with shittiness, so it's hard to enjoy it =)

A Clockwork Orange is probably my favorite movie of all time =)

-ensign

While not as good as the first one, Matrix 3 is still better than 99% of the movies out there.

229387[/snapback]

Hahahahahah what??? That's an absolutely ridiculous assertion. You need to see some more (better) movies, Cinos, before you give any high praise to a trilogy that never should have been. Either that, or you simply have poor taste :0

Let me guess, you think Jar-Jar Binks is "kewl"? Then again, I'm guessing you are not from the US, so maybe you just get bombarded with crappy American movies and do not get our oftentimes less popular but way more profound, not-just-eye-candy movies? I'm not saying that our movies are the be-all end-all of cinema, but in general we tend to have the best (and yeah, i see a lot of foreign films... im into the indie way more than the pop-culture matrix sequel wannabe shit)

-ensign

Hahahahahah what???  That's an absolutely ridiculous assertion.  You need to see some more (better) movies, Cinos, before you give any high praise to a trilogy that never should have been.  Either that, or you simply have poor taste :0

229390[/snapback]

It's better than any 80% (ok, maybe 99 was a bit too much) of the movies I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. A lot I tell you. Name some movies you like!

And please don't tell me you're saying Matrix 1, at least, wasn't great?

What???

I think its one of the worst ever..

229399[/snapback]

Don't they all... Seriously, name a better, modern sci-fi or action.

Labyrinth is an amazing display of production, and a perfect assimilation of orchestral mastery and world music into the remains of legendary goa formulas. I'm going to have to pick conquistador as my favorite track, but you have to hear I and II together for the full experience.

My hat goes off to Juno Reactor for everything that they do. Never scared to conform, and always trying to create something new and innovative. THey will always be one of my favorite acts!

It's better than any 80% (ok, maybe 99 was a bit too much) of the movies I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. A lot I tell you. Name some movies you like!

And please don't tell me you're saying Matrix 1, at least, wasn't great?

229391[/snapback]

hmm, i usually watch several a week, so a "movies i like" list would be several hundred long.

some favs:

clockwork orange

dr strangelove

req for a dream

braveheart

rob roy

waking life

before sunrise

lotr trilogy

butch cassidy & sundance kid

heat

terminator 1

predator

pi

alien

royal tenenbaums

platoon

princess bride

godfather

evil dead

airplane

those are just a few off the top of my head =)

-ensign