Coolest sample ever

Guest Psymijis

Guest Astro Cortex

There are always cool samples in Orb tracks:

"...created a world of the mind, of the intimate imagination, which is as real in its way as any actual country on the map. Sir Karl Popper, in one of his most important papers, calls it ‘the third world,’ or ‘world three.’ The first world is the objective world of things. The second world is my inner, subjective world. But, says Popper, there’s a third world, the world of objective contents of thoughts. Teilhard de Chardin calls this third world the noosphere, that is, the world of the mind."

(O.O.B.E.)

"You just had a heavy session of electro shock therapy, and you're more relaxed than you've been in weeks. All those childhood troubles magically wiped away, along with most of your personality."

(Pomme Fritz / Bang 'er 'n Chips / Alles ist schön)

LOL @ this one:

"And now folks, for an old familiar favourite. We had many requests for this. It's a simple little sentimental song, and I certainly hope all you sentimental folks out there are going to enjoy it. Ready fellas? Let's go!"

(at the beginning of Plateau)

Same thing with Moksha:

"Well I think the people would benefit most of all of professors.....extremely good for almost anybody with fixed ideas and a great certainty of what's what to take this thing and to realize that the world he is constructing is by no means the only world, that all these extraordinary other types of universe which we may inhabit, and which we'll be grateful for inhabiting I think."

(Huxley's Medicine)

"You are responsible for the predictable consequences of your actions. You're not responsible for the predictable consequences somebody else's actions. The most important thing for me and for you is to think about the consequences of your actions. What can you affect?" (Earth Ascending)

"Die Entzündung ist das Begriffensein des elektrischen Moments in der Dimension. In einer jeden Dimension sind drei Momente: Das magnetische, das elektrische und das chemische. Eines dieser Momente ist in jeder Dimension das vorherrschend bestimmende: In der Reproduktion das magnetische, in der Irritation das elektrische, in der Sensibilität das chemische." (Sihaya)

Of course the Yeti sample in Hallucinogen's Herb Garden deserves a mention:

"......The Yeti loves to drink schnaps too, so he's like a real shaman, and errrrrr if you want to contact him you have to put some alcoholic offerings, errrrrrr, in front of the forest......"

Damn, how many good laughs I had at that one :D

But then I also have to add:

"In Egyptian mythology Ra stands on the primordial pyramid and masturbates." :lol::wacko::lol:

(Exotic Matter - Seminal Ra)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infected Mushroom "Symphonatic" (where is this sample taken from btw?)

'A man with the base just walked in and he's putting it down on the floor'

She's so.. cool you know. That attitude of her voice.. B)

Luminus - Galaxy to galaxy

Roses are red...violets are Blue. I'm a schizofrenic... and so am I :ph34r:

And samples that maybe aren't very cool by themselves, I just think they fit in perfectly in their song:

Color box - Grey Spook (Eastside Mix)

I like to think of space and time as analogous to the ocean...

And changes in it, as analogous to waves on the surface of the ocean...

But those waves of course don't show up when one's miles above the ocean..

It looks like, as one gets down closer to the surface,

one sees the waves breaking..

Waves breaking ... *boom*

fucking perfect! :lol:

Ra - Paradox

You know why I'm such a happy person?

It's because I've e got the greatest job in the solar system...

In fact.. the only thing I ever worry about is one day, it all might end.

I have a plan to keep this from happening. I can do anything I want..

Ra - Beyond control

Opening the hidden doors...

Only existing...

Suddenly you feel your body flying...

I mean, who can predict the future anyway?

Those eyes watching you... They know everything.

And then you realize, it's totally beyond control.

"I am convinced, that there are many,many higher civilizations, in this enormous and incredibly ancient universal house."

Crop Circles-Lunar Civilization

229839[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that it was "universe of ours" ?? Guess I'll need to re-listen, long time since I heard it :)

here is one for Frontier Psychiatrist:

Sandman - End of the World

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is just energy condensed to a slow vibration - that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream... and we are the imagination of ourselves."

(Bill Hicks)

and B(if)tek - They Oscillate

228636[/snapback]

Bill Hicks samples own. Probably the most sample person in Psytrance after lawrence Fish Burns and Keanu Dweebs from the Matrix.

Here's another one from Voice Of Cod - Just a Ride:

The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people..

BTW i advice watching Bill Hicks show atleast once a month. It keeps your face skin smoother.

SHAKTA - 'Spiritual Beings in Physical Bodies'

'Clearity of the membrain that exists betwen worlds, the seen and the unseen, the physical and the spiritual, and we are spiritual beings in physical bodies'

Taken from documentary about the 13 crystal skuls.

ASTRAL PROJECTION - 'People can Fly'

'When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen. Sometimes there is a moment as you are awakening when you become aware of the real world around you, but you are still dreaming. You may think you can fly but you do better not try. People can fly.'

Taken from movie 'Kalifornia'

ASTRAL PROJECTION - 'Anything is Possible'

'I'm going to show them a world... a world without rules and controls... a world without borders or boundaries. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. A world, where anything is possible.'

From the movie 'Matrix'

MFG - 'Intelligent Machine'

'If you prick us, do we not bleed?

If you tickle us, do we not laugh?

If you poison us, do we not die?

And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?'

From Shakespeare's 'Merchant of Venice', Act III, Scene I

Chi AD - 'Astral Warrior'

'I have seen things that you can only dream about. I have been there!'

'I see myself for what i truly am. ... the moments I've had, the marvels I've witnessed, the wonderful thruths I've seen.'

'The night falls, and you close your eyes to sleep and dream.'

From movie 'Gullivers Travels'

ASTRAL PROJECTION - 'People can Fly'

'When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen. Sometimes there is a moment as you are awakening when you become aware of the real world around you, but you are still dreaming. You may think you can fly but you do better not try. People can fly.'

Taken from movie 'Kalifornia'

That`s my favorite, too. There was also some Israel trance track about 1:30 min. with some sample in German, but I`m gonna find it sometime later...

Something like :

"Es riecht so gut, du kommst mir nach, dein Schweiz (?), der Nektar meiner ....... (?)

Heisst dass nicht, ich can dich riechen, riechen, r i e c h e n......

Es riecht zu gut, Es riecht zu gut, E s r i e c h t z u g u u u....

Es riecht zu gut, Es riecht zu gut, E s r i e c h t z u g u u u....

Es riecht so gut du kommst mir nach.."

Maybe Cybernetika, if you are familiar with the track you could help with the exact words ? ;)

I don`t know if it`s from a movie or not, but it`s successful :)

This is my current favourite voice sample:

Way To Go (Rastaliens Rmx) - Ground Zero

“106 miles from Chicago, We got a tank full of gas, Half a pack of cigarettes,

Its dark & we’re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.”

From “Blues Brothers” (I think)

..." in this enormous and incredibly ancient universal house  <--? house?

sorry m8 but thats a must LMAO :P

229925[/snapback]

HAHAHA You're right but I always thought he says house :lol:

My all time fav: A.P - Dancing Galaxy

"The Spice extends life,

The Spice expands conciousness,

The Spice is vital to space travel,

Travel, without moving"

from " Dune"

Oh yeah, I'm a samples nut... I love a well-place sample... You guys have already mentioned most of the classics, but here are a few more I absolutely love:

Scatterbrain - Mexican Jesus:

Yeah, sort of reminds me of a time in Montana. It was 31st of December 1994 when I saw the Mexican Jesus floating down the river. Yellowstone National Park. I think it was like minus twenty degrees in the snow and he was floating down butt naked. I don't think he was Native American, he seemed too Mexican looking you know. He had long black hair and he was butt naked in the middle of the Yellowstone River. Minus twenty. And we'd put our head under the water and come up and we turned our eyes and he didn't have a [...] of ice on his hand, nothing. He was completely immune to the cold. And eh, which reminds me about the ayahuasca experience you know meeting the Mother Serpent. I don't think anybody really could, err... How to describe it? It was totally mind numbing. Just taking it, and waiting and that first time you take it, the suddenly you feel like you've got these vines running through your body. They were [...] ripping through your body. And that bright light burning you up from the inside. Next thing you know, you've got a Mother Serpent inside you. And the next minute you're down there, with the DNA watching the dino.

Genetic material getting changed before your eyes. Man, people think they know about drugs, but... That ain't a drug, it's a sacrament. It's just a portal to another world. It's realities that are always there. A key to other dimensions That we live with them all the time. Thankfully our awareness never touches...

How would I describe it? Terrifying. Enlightening. But utterly terrifying. You swear you'll never go back. Ever. And the next thing you know, you're taking it again. You're going down that tunnel.

People say you have a choice. I don't think there's any choice.

Ayahuasca just takes you. No choice. You surrender or you resist. Resist or inhale. You surrender, you must be free.

I don't know if I could do that again.

And the Mother Goddess calls me, the cosmic circuit calls. I have to answer. And I have to go back to the [...] I have no choice. I have no choice. It's not a drug, it's... It's not a drug. It's just the holy sacrament.

Younger Brother - Even Dwarves Starts Small:

"Oh when I arrived in England I was thrown in jail for about 4 hours, right off the bat. Why? Didn't have a lot of cash, didn't look respectable, you know. Things like that. It's, you know it's like that, man, I, I, I, I've been in jail, you know, in a lot of coutries, you know because they don't like the way I hang out, they don't like my lifestyle, you know, I smoke a little shit... and I just hang out, man... I don't like to work too often, unless it's for something groovy..."

Talpa - People are Animals:

"I was looking at my friend Linda... Suddenly feathers popped out on to her skin. Her nose curved into a beak. She had an eagle’s face. I looked at my boyfriend Johnny, he was turning into a bird too! So was Linda’s boyfriend. We were at Central Park zoo. I couldn’t move, I wanted to cry but no tears would come. “Oh God” I heard myself yell, “People really are animals!”. I started laughing hysterically but in the inside I didn’t feel funny. I started to run away from the others through Central Park until I stopped under a stone bridge. Johnny kept calling me. After a lot of time I went up on the bridge. Johnny always had been my source of security. He said that LSD was brutal but that it wouldn’t hurt me. He said that I’d see beautiful colours and hear musical notes but I never did.

Instead I saw awful things, people looked like monkeys, cracks in sidewalks became big crevasses you could fall into. Finally after about 8 hours the drug started to wear off. I was depressed for days afterwards. I was depressed for days afterwards. I never gonna try that again!..."

Fuzzion - Dazed and Confused:

'I mean, think. Would. Did you ever look at one-dollar bill? There's some spooky stuff going on on a dollar bill man. I mean. And it's green too!'

Zodiac Youth - Cartographers of the Universe:

'The cartographers of the universe. They're (...). They're star-charged. How far does it go? Does time have an end? My personal theory is that everything is happening all the time. We're just not smart enough to see it, that's all!'

GNOTR - Ring of Fire:

'OK, space cadets! Prepare to hurtle through the cosmos!'

+ many more... ;)

DeathPosture

Chi AD "Sacred Vision"

'Looking up, he sees a Raven. Raven stared intently at man.'

'When Raven returned, he had made the birds, fish and animals. But Raven was worried that man would destroy everything he had made inhabit to the earth. So he woke Bear to be feared by man and to protect the land.'

'Hear the gods sing! I listen to what they say.'

Infected Mushroom "Psycho"

'You hear me? You, psycho!'

Logic Bomb "Extension"

'Having the view from 30.000 feet.

The only problem with having the view from 30.000 feet is that at that hight everyone looks like ants.

Everyone looks like ants.'

Space Tribe "Dance Like Nobody's Watching!"

'Instructions for life, Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk. When you lose, don't lose the lesson. Respect for self, respect for others, and responsibility for all your actions. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly. open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values. Spend some time alone every day. Approach love with reckless abandon. Share your knowledge, it's a way to achieve immortality. Be gentle with the earth. Dance like nobody's watching'

Well, there are a lot of great samples around that I really love (Shulman's Small Grey Creatures, Talpa's People are Animals, Scorb's Psycore, etc...). However, one that really caught my attention recently is from The Unstables (Goblin vs Pixel). The track's called The Clone and comes in Time and Space pt. 3 and I think it was really well fit in there.

"He's smart, he's a friend... You know, he's nice... And you wanna be nice, right? A nice, nice man. And you know what means the most to me? I was on the phone everyday. Everyday, doing what I do best: talking on the telephone! Me, I did that! Why? Because..."

"Was it legal? Fuck legal! Am I a nice man? Fuck nice! They say terrible things about me in The Nation? Fuck The Nation! You want to be nice or you want to be effective?! You want to make the law, or subject to it? Choose!"

By the way, the sample is from Angels in America.

Cosmosis has been getting a lot of attention in this thread, and I was wondering if anybody knows the source of the samples on "Stormy Monday" off his new album. I think they're hilarious. Sounds like something from a parody of one of those old detective dramas. Anybody familiar with it?

some Puoskari's song has just this fantastic sample (7teas? :unsure: ) it goes somehow like: "vinttikomerona täytyy tuota sinun pääkoppaasi pitää, se on niin täynnä hämäriä ajatuksia..." haha :D

and that's finnish so only fins undahstaand that, sorry :)

and ehm... some o.o.k. song also has so wicked sample (or they maybe just made it themself dunno...) and also Texas Faggott has some...and Huopis!...

fins just know how to do it! :)

• 2 months later...

Cosmosis has been getting a lot of attention in this thread, and I was wondering if anybody knows the source of the samples on "Stormy Monday" off his new album. I think they're hilarious. Sounds like something from a parody of one of those old detective dramas. Anybody familiar with it?

238452[/snapback]

The cartoon series "Duckman" Check it out if you can...

The character is Cornfed, who gets all the best lines.

Cornfed is voiced by Greg Berger who has an extraordinary sounding voice and a totally brilliant deadpan delivery.

BTW on the track "Spores In Space" (Cosmosis Synergy album) the original poster was correct. It says, "The DRAMA is internal"

Cheers,

Billy Cosmosis

the one that actually got a laugh out of me was

4) Xantric - play this tune (Vibraspirit vol. 11)

a classic simpsons sample of homer going:

"now these are the tunes i want you boys to play..."

and you hear a little xilophone action for 1 or 2 sec's before

break.

it's great... simple and funny

Two of my favorites have already been mentioned:

Total Eclipse - Waiting for a New Life

The Infinity Project - The Answer

some others include:

Juno Reactor - Landing

'So long as the universe had a beginning we can suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it could neither be created or destroyed. It would simply be." -- Stephen Hawking

Logic Bomb - Kilobyte Bandit

'We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams' -- beginning of the poem 'Ode' by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

'Have you ever wiretripped?' -- from the movie 'Strange Days'

'It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done. It is a far far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.' -- from 'A Tale of Two Cities'

Atmos - Scientific Coverup

'I managed to get hold of the original coordinates and found, deep in the mountains nearby, evidence of some kind of secret government base.' -- ?

Multiplex - Twisted Tale

'After I'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satellites. And that's just how its going to be.' -- ?

Parasense - Mobile Love

'I am Gort. I need your body as a dwelling place while I am here on your earth.' -- from the movie 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'

The cartoon series "Duckman"  Check it out if you can...

The character is Cornfed, who gets all the best lines.

Cornfed  is voiced by Greg Berger who has an extraordinary sounding voice and a totally brilliant deadpan delivery.

BTW on the track "Spores In Space" (Cosmosis Synergy album) the original poster was correct. It says, "The DRAMA is internal"

Cheers,

Billy Cosmosis

272295[/snapback]

Bagginz! Thanks for bringing us all this wonderful music! It's an honour to have you on our board! :)