Tips for Goa

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squaffy

Huh, you really spent some time there...How long have you been ?

BTW, thanks for the tips....;)

229569[/snapback]

Lived there for 8yrs :rolleyes:

Guest Squaffy

Here'a a really dodgy tip (hehe):

If you find yourself being chased by a landrover whilst on your motorbike - head for Chapora at top speed, mind the gravel in the middle of the road - that hill is tricky at speed - head left at the bottom - about 300yds down the main street, nip across the footbridge (straight ahead) on your motorbike and wave bye bye to the Police LOL :ph34r:

Tried and tested LOL :P

Guest Squaffy

If you get arrested and locked up - get Mike Mehta as ur lawyer - he'll get you out - for a price - that's assuming you don't have like $1000 spare cash for a baksheesh at the time :P

hmmmm - more........... loads more :P

Guest Squaffy

Don't hit the Baga bridge at 50+kmph unless u wanna bash ur brains out on the concrete roof - it's good to jump a buffalo though :ph34r:

Huh, Squaffy, it really started sounding unserious....plus where do you get idea I will be chased or that I'll even ride motorbike there ? I am going to trip out and enjoy, I am not going to live there ( maybe ), so really, tips about how will I runaway from the cops is really too much unless you were pulling my nose...

Guest Squaffy

Don't try to hold a conversation with the stall holders on the Anjuna Flea Market - you might get an uugghhhh back if ur lucky :P

Guest Squaffy

Huh, Squaffy, it really started sounding unserious....plus where do you get idea I will be chased or that I'll even ride motorbike there ? I am going to trip out and enjoy, I am not going to live there ( maybe ), so really, tips about how will I runaway from the cops is really too much unless you were pulling my nose...

229578[/snapback]

Hehe - just saying from the perspective of someone who's lived there (and will be again soon) - It's NOT the paradise people think it is - it can be, just be aware that there is alot of weird stuff going on - where's Tash when we need her

Guest Squaffy

OK - final tip - NEVER TRUST AN INDIAN :ph34r: take that as you like - it's not a flame - find out for yourself ;)

And by that I also mean the expats who have been there too long and rat each other out - freaky scene - to be honest, GOA's FINISHED - Goa was finished 10yrs ago - but hey - go waste your money looking for Nirvana - good luck - send me a postcard full of aged Americans and millions of Israelis B)

Guest Squaffy

Be careful of OPEN wells - there are alot of them, and in the dark, u can't see them B) so be careful where you go walking in the night.

Guest Squaffy

Back to your OP - you wanna score some acid - have you EVER tripped in India - people gabbling away in a foreign tongue - the hit on ur brain will be tremendous - have fun :P

Guest eleria

There is quite a bit of truth in what Squaffy is saying, but it depends very much on each individual and personal attidude what experiences one is making.

So seraph, I think you will have a great time and won't be chased by the police and such. It never happened to me.

And about the thing that Goa was "finished 10 years ago" Squaffy, I think that people really don't need to hear that. The time is now and the place is what it is. There is for sure lot's of shit going down, but you can still have a great time there. Tashira btw can confirm that "everything used to be better" is really not what people who are going there now want to hear (look here). They want to make their own experiences and there is still lot's of first timers, that come there and think Goa is paradise.

I tend to agree with most that Squaffy said, however I dont think goa is dead or anything, it is still a great place to meet other travellers.

Goa is kinda what you make of it.

Chapora is a very good place to stay, I also like arambol. Anjuna was good but its a bit to much for me now, to many flashy party people :)

The primrose is simply awfull in my opinoin, but as said it is a good place find out where the parties are.

A tip for you, when you try to buy/rent something never go with the first offer, shop around abit and you usually can get what you want at the price you want.

If you are looking for grass or somthing like that I would go down to south anjuna beach, go to a beach bar called 'curlies', you'll find loads of smokers there, AND they got indias best strawberry milkshake.

Else checkout 'ninebar' in vagator for sunset.

Mumbai? well in my opinion that the worst place in the world, I fucking hate it, I guess its the one place in the world that I truly abhorre.

My advice is to get in/out as fast as possible. Dont stay overnigth, it is a very expensive city to be in.

That said there is one place I'll recommend you checkout there, the university, its down by the gateway of india and it looks like an old cathedral.

You can just walk in and ask if you can look around, very nice people, AND check out their library, whew pure harry potter, awesome..

Anything you need to know just ask.

Peace

HAHA , great (insider) tips Squaffy , have to agree with you nearly 100%.

Sorry bout you stay in Fort aguada....(friggin panajim ANC-these guys are very hard to deal with) , but really good tips here Seraph ,

write em` down :P

Best ones , NEVER TRUST AN INDIAN & Don't try to hold a conversation with the stall holders on the Anjuna Flea Market ,

but then again everyone has to make their own experiences.

ahhh and hitting the Baga bridge at 50+kmph , could be also called an adventure.

I also agree with Ktrance , goa is what you make of it... ,

but then goin to curlies / german bakery / 9bar is like a promise you will make something good out of your stay , hehe

anyway , have fun!

Heavy stuff!! Indeed some great insider tips there Squaffy !! Get to notice how you've been living there for some time! :) Cool btw to hear this from someone living just in the neighbourhood !

About Primmrose I think we all agree, hehe I was really shocked when I went into their "new" party/dance/disco room and like Eleria said reminded a little of Ibiza.. Went once and stayed for 3 minutes ;)

Also big smile to: Goa is what you make of it..

and as Eleria said, Goa might be dead in some senses to the people who stayed there along the 90's but to US, the new generation, it is happening, it is happenning big and we love it just as much as they loved it back then..

So go ahead, make you experiences, and everything else has been said :)

Thanx to you Squaffy & co, for these memory smiles !!

Huh, guys, so many replies and all I wanted is some info...Heheh, but thanks anyway, I got it all mixed up now, I would have to print the tips....hehe...hear ya soon before I leave...;)

Guest Squaffy

good place for finding...

D

R

U

G

S

( acid especially )

227535[/snapback]

Golden Rule here - DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT ask an Indian where you can score.

Guest Squaffy

Don't ever say 'mata chut' too loudly :rolleyes:

I saw someone get stoned (the bricking kinda stoned) for calling a local that once :blink:

Guest Squaffy

Here's a lovely tip:

From Chapora, head North, cross the river at Siolim, carry on to Arambol (takes about an hr to get there from Chapora, but it's always good to be zooming about on a bike in the heat). Walk north up the beach at Arambol, when u see the small lake on your right, follow the footpath into the jungle - you'll eventually reach the 'Banyan Tree' - now THAT is a place to trip B)

Mind the killer Python that lives in the tree though, and them pesky monkeys that piss on you in the early morning :huh:

Guest Squaffy

Add HAMPI to your travel list B)

Hop on a train south into Karnataka and go to Hampi (nearest train station to Hampi is HOSPET)- WOW - mad place - they do the BEST bhang lassis there - am sure they put datura root in them - Hampi has gotta be one of the freakiest places in India (might be due to the lassis ;) ) - when there - cross the river in a coracle and stay there B)