software

ritual om

is there any programme that i can make my own style of letters?

227107[/snapback]

Back in the nineties I made 100+ fonts using Macromedia Fontographer. It costs money though, and it was last updated in like 1995 (I'm not kidding). You may have better luck using FontLab but I haven't tried that.

And this should have been posted in offtopic.

There are some new freeware packages, go googling for them.

I used fontographer to whip up some fonts in the mid-90s... I tell ya, its always a laugh when I see my lame fonts being used on an album cover. Case in point: the new Fatali release. Dust Mites. That one's mine... one of the first electronic groups I was into was the Chemical Brothers, and I went and made a font from some blurry graphic I found on the internet... later on I found its not just some script they made up as their logo - its an actual Adobe font called Sho Roman, which is of course about 10,000 times as good. And yet, once it was out there I never could reclaim it... and every once in a while some designer, lacking a kind of typographical aesthetic, goes and uses it. I mean, fuck - look at the jagged edges up on this biatch, it's a terrible font!

http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?yo...oy1cd064.html:;

Circuit Scraping and Mechoba also get some play in the psy world... heh, well anyway - its always a laugh. Font making is time consuming but rewarding if you make something good... you'll see it in media for years to come.