Prague

heva

Just wondering whether any of you folks have visited Prague?? I'm going for a weeks holiday there in April, and was wondering whether anyone had any recomendations of cool places to go or quality things to see??? I hear they sell jagermeister very cheaply, so I'm sure whatever I do I'll have a good time. But I prefer to get advice from people who have been rather than a guidebook.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks B)

I'm going there too, in either april or june, can't remember right now... and since I'll be 18 then...

Any suggestions?

Hey Cinos, seems like no-one has any recomendations for us :( I tell you what, I'll tell you all the cool places to see when I get back. Might even take some piccies :)

Prague - my favorite city in Europe. :) I'm actually going there in one week.

Cool places to visit - during the day, check out the Prague castle. Most of it is sort of boring, but be sure to go up the big church tower. It's a helluva climb, but the view is worth it. There is a huge lookout tower also on the west side of the city (I forget the name, but you will see it - it's fucking huge) that I also highly recommend, especially if you are afraid of heights. ;) If you are into the more morbid side of life, there is a church about one hour outside of Prague that is made out of human bones. I don't know the name, but it's quite famous.

Nightlife in Prague is good, but nothing special. If you are into psytrance parties, there is one website you need to know:

www.psytrance.cz (it's in czech, but you can figure out where the party listings are)

They will list all of the parties in Prague. When either of you figure out more closely the dates that you will be there, send me a PM and I'll get you in contact with a friend of mine there (DJ TV from Oxygen Records) who can get you sorted on any events.

There is a little underground club (literally underground) called the Cross Club that has psytrance every Wednesday. I believe that is run by Schwa & Slater from Tribal Vision Records. Really great night - I played there last June and the crowd has wonderful energy.

If you are more into the clubby thing, the big club there is the Roxy (www.roxy.cz) - one of the best clubs I've been to. I know that DJ TV has done psytrance events there, and I believe Slater & Schwa sometimes do free Monday night events there. There is a regular (monthly?) Saturday night event there called Zen that caters to more of the progressive house sound - they book DJs like Nick Warren, Anthony Pappa, etc. Pretty good night the one time when I was there.

Anyways, fucking cool city - have a blast, and feel free to PM me with any specific questions. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wicked, cheers for the info Krelmatrix :D And looks like I might even gt a little dose of psy whilst I'm there!! Wonderful! I'll have to cunningly drag my non-psy mates there, 'ye I know tis great place called the Cross Club' *snigger*

Will let you know how I get on :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

not much to say to krelms posts :)

nice place to go for breaks/dnb/jungle is punto azul in kroftova street

and the second tower could be Petrin tower (old iron) or Zizkov tower (new white)... definitely climb up some of them, it is so nice view from these points...

you can walk from petrin tower to prague castle through a big park with amazing views on prague, the best are from the monastery garden between petrin and prague castle...

if you are into the more morbid side of life, there is a church about one hour outside of Prague that is made out of human bones.  I don't know the name, but it's quite famous.

do you mean this one?

Posted Image

Posted Image

it is in Kutna Hora

http://www.kostnice.cz/ossuary.htm

do you mean this one?

Yup - that's the place. We tried to go there during our trip a few weeks ago, but you know how it goes when you are travelling with several other people. ;) We'll probably check it out in the summer sometime.

Yup - that's the place.  We tried to go there during our trip a few weeks ago, but you know how it goes when you are travelling with several other people. ;) We'll probably check it out in the summer sometime.

241793[/snapback]

he he he, I know how is travelling with several other people :D

I havent been it this one myself. I have visited the one in Melnik which is also near Prague. They say there are bones of 10000-15000 people :blink:

Righty, by 10 am tomorrow I shall be in Prague. There for a week! I shall report back here with photos (hopefully). B)

I hope you are stayin until next weekend, it is full of parties to choose from... have fun in prague... the spring is just coming in full power here!!

come to cross club on wednesday

• 2 weeks later...

OKi doki well I had a wicked time in Prague, it's a beautiful city!! I mostly wandered round the city, drank lots and chilled in cafes. I went to see the church of bones as well in Kutna Hora, crazyness. And I went to the cross club last wednesday....what a wicked little place that is :D Had a cool night, got hideously drunk on jagermeister and after leaving at 3am I got very lost trying to get home.....I was convinced I knew where I was going, a few trams later and a nice tour of the suburbs of prague I got home at 5.30 am hehehe. I blame the jagermeister.

I'll post some pics up soon. Thanks for all the recomendations people, they really helped :D