Ticon

Guest djnemo

Guest djnemo

Artist: Ticon

Title: Trav EP

Label: Digital Structure

Catalogue Number: DIG027

Wow, Filip and Fredrik (Ticon) have put together another 2 killer tracks. Before I go on writing the review, I must express that I find these 2 guys very very talented. It seems to me that they very much know what they are doing. Their Kitlist is pretty impressive as well. Have a look at the TICONMUSIC HOMEPAGE for pictures of their new studio (if you would like a nice cellar studio and its your highest dream, then dont go, you will get envious ;) ) Anyways, these 2 tracks are kind of a little teaser of what we will get to hear on the new album. All I have to say: If this is from the new album, oh boy am I looking forward then!

Tracks:

1. Texas Magnusson 8.51

2. Spincycle 8.30 (actual track) 10.35 (with extra noise)

Texas Magnusson, is a nice smooth morning track. The beats and basslines are very Ticon, compact and clear. (I sometimes really wonder how they get that sound hehe). Throughout the tracks you will hear some vintage gear in the working reminding me of the good old trance out there on EyeQ. There is a bit of cheese in there as well, but JUST as much as is needed to make a perfect morning. (When I talk about cheese it doesnt HAVE to be negative by the way). The trancey line then goes into a break and is accompanied by strings (oh so sweeeet). Break then evolves in a total breakdown of the track, leaving only bassline and beats basically. That did the trick for me, as I like this kind of trickery. Be sure that the track builds up again though!!

Spincycle, well what can I say?! Starting out sounding very monotone, but you know that this is not it. I would say THANKS to Ticon for doing this, because their tracks are mostly perfect Dj material, easy to beatmix. After about almost 2 minutes we get to hear a bassline. The track from there then just evolves and evolves (is this what they call Progressive?!). I hear many changes, but small ones. Small little sounds coming in here and there. There is a very smooth and nice melody there in the back, waiting to come out?! Ahhh there after 4 minutes there is a stringy break, a melody... KABANG Vintage Bassline!!! People, if you liked old trance and 90s trance (Yes trance, not Psy), then you are going to LOVE this!! That bassline and when the bassdrum then comes back is a killer for the dancefloor..... well you guys have to listen for yourselfes, because this is only a teaser.... All I can say is that the track doesnt stop amazing until the very end of it :)

I liked Spincycle more. They are really good at making nice grooves, which I like very much. If the album has this standard I'm looking forward to it. I hope they put some "funny" tracks in there as well. As they did on Aero. Btw, Ghost In The Machinery is a masterpiece.

I liked Spincycle more. They are really good at making nice grooves, which I like very much. If the album has this standard I'm looking forward to it. I hope they put some "funny" tracks in there as well. As they did on Aero. Btw, Ghost In The Machinery is a masterpiece.

226745[/snapback]

Yay! Ticon roolz!

And they already won the prize for funniest trance track title ever! "The Clown smells like Gasoline"

nice one Nemo!

booooooooooom!

ticon rocks!!

those swedish faggots sure know how to make music hahahaha

no but really, Im really looking forward to their new album

Well it's been told that they are still holding on to their proggesive way so this really could rock my world...

hope so very curcious :)

Considdering Aero was my favorite album of 2003 & there are so many kick-ass releases on their way: is there any date set for this one yet?

Cause I'm pretty sure it's gonan be another must-have.

Good to see that there are still artists who take their time to produce an album...

• 3 weeks later...

may i join the ticon fan club too? ;)

this ep really rocks my world. i've been spinning it

like crazy for the last couple of weeks. i also got

the old 'malmö' ep sometime ago and it rocks too.

i <3 ticon

i <3 digital structures

i <3 malmö

Malmoe Always Know How To Compose mate ;)

238536[/snapback]

so true!

almost all of my favourite producers are from

malmö. there must be some talent increasing

substances in the tap water in malmö :P