Man With No Name

vancbc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That´s why i love Goa so much  :)  Never gets Boring because the formula is not the same in the strict sense comparing for example with full on.

226300[/snapback]

I second that after amitha... B)

Then what defines goa?

226175[/snapback]

A quote from a very early Goa DJ (Steve Psyko) that I treasure most : "The English have decided that Goa trance is just one kind of music, [but] in the beginning, the feeling from Goa music is anything goes."

Now I guess you can find 1,000 threads dealing with "what is Goa" here or in isratrance.

J.

I've never liked that either. Sounds kind of poppy to me...  ;)

226030[/snapback]

I can't believe my eyes, how can u disrespect such a great classic by classyfying it as 'poppy', boy do something about your hearing.. posts like these make me mad :angry:

I can't believe my eyes, how can u disrespect such a great classic by classyfying it as 'poppy', boy do something about your hearing.. posts like these make me mad  :angry:

226443[/snapback]

Teleport is simple and catchy. If you like it is another thing, but I find it mediocre.

Teleport simple ? ?

I think that this guy is pulling our noses with all these negative comments about almost everything he mentions...I think he is provocateur on this site...and he is not even clever provocateur like EP...

Blah, Cinos, get your ears cleaned...no smiley

Teleport simple ?  ?

I think that this guy is pulling our noses with all these negative comments about almost everything he mentions...I think he is provocateur on this site...and he is not even clever provocateur like EP...

Blah, Cinos, get your ears cleaned...no smiley

226457[/snapback]

This is the last time I'm going to express my opinion in this, I think.

If you find teleport a complex track, then it has to be laced with ultrasounds which I can not hear. As it is, on the Colours Of Shiva 1 compliation, it's a simple, OK track, but wouldn't have any legend status if it wasn't for it's earliness. Also, it conjures nauseatic feelings in me. (bad associations? bad frequences for my inner ears?)

I'm not saying your taste sucks, that much should be understood without me posting it. ;)

And I'm not joking this time. :ph34r:

But you got it right, sometimes I just post to provoke people

This is the last time I'm going to express my opinion in this, I think.

If you find teleport a complex track, then it has to be laced with ultrasounds which I can not hear. As it is, on the Colours Of Shiva 1 compliation, it's a simple, OK track, but wouldn't have any legend status if it wasn't for it's earliness. Also, it conjures nauseatic feelings in me. (bad associations? bad frequences for my inner ears?)

I'm not saying your taste sucks, that much should be understood without me posting it.  ;)

And I'm not joking this time.  :ph34r:

But you got it right, sometimes I just post to provoke people

226466[/snapback]

if goa is simple , what is other music then? :blink:

Teleport is the greatest piece of music made by MWNN in the face of the Earth!

;)

i believe that the classic mwnn music will grow on you Cinos.  :)

226491[/snapback]

Only if I buy his albums! And I can't! They are too rare. (would I otherwise? :huh: )

ok. but it is the only way you can get ancient music.

226500[/snapback]

I could get this at gemm or Amazon, but they're not good enough, I think.

Though I just might buy a couple of interesting things along with this sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

MWNN isn't goa if you ask me. Well, not pure goa anyways, it has that semi-commercial sound. Melodic trance with a touch of goa, I'd say.

And I don't like any of his releases anything special.  :ph34r:

226026[/snapback]

Well, if you ask

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

you will see that the first goa trance sample is MWNN - Teleport. I really like it, although it`s not very complex. I have listened only to the album Teleport, but I`m sure I`ll check out some other stuff.

Well, if you ask

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

you will see that the first goa trance sample is MWNN - Teleport. I really like it, although it`s not very complex. I have listened only to the album Teleport, but I`m sure I`ll check out some other stuff.

235122[/snapback]

And while MWNN might be goa, linking to that guide only shows excessive stupidity. :rolleyes:

And while MWNN might be goa, linking to that guide only shows excessive stupidity.  :rolleyes:

235123[/snapback]

well that guide I don't like either but the tracks they puy under the section goa like MWNN are definiteley goa...

the goa samples are correct

Interstate Highway is one of those albums I got because of the fond memories I have of older MWNN. It's pleasant enough, and it's more of a return to his older style after the mostly awful cheesey Earth Moving Sun (which does have some good tracks nonetheless).

His overall best album (if you don't count Teleportation which is really just a bunch of singles) is without doubt: Moment of Truth.

MWNN always had a distinctive style and kick in his tracks. If you don't like his style you won't like most of his songs. His style was definitely melodic and accessible but certainly not commercial (at least not in the early days). Moment of Truth is goa. End of story.

yes that guide isnt so good imo but Cinos Mwnn is a breed between club and goa , and mwnn is goa  ;)

235924[/snapback]

I... don't get it. :huh: